Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Incarnation / Celestial Alignment questions

Just wondering why I cant manage to use Incarn. + CA and/or starfall/any other on-use trinket in a macro, anyone else having this problem?
    thanks in advance

Deleted
    you shouldnt use them at the same time btw

I realize that, but purely from a burst/bg pvp perspective ...

Incarnation has the big global of shapeshifting while trinket and CA are off the gcd. Have you tried putting them in this order? CA-> Trink -> Inc-> Starfall ?

Cast sequences seem to be bugged also if you use that format.

haha oh dear, it seems with all the new abilities i've ran out of room for macros and spells
    Gotta cut down on focus tar and focus cyc macros... using razor binds for heals etc too

Quote Originally Posted by flowa View Post
    you shouldnt use them at the same time btw
    And why is that? You are supposed to be stacking CA and Incarnation.

Lap just separate starfall and your on use pvp trinket into a separate macro. One macro for CA/Inc (it honestly is better to separate them) and one macro for Starfall/Trinket.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2012-09-06 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    And why is that? You are supposed to be stacking CA and Incarnation.

Lap just separate starfall and your on use pvp trinket into a separate macro. One macro for CA/Inc and one macro for Starfall/Trinket.
    PvE or PvP? Or both? I am curious about this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post
    PvE or PvP? Or both? I am curious about this myself.
    Should be both, you're buffing both of your dots with Incarnation which are further buffed by CA. There's no reason to stagger the buffs.

Ideally you don't pop them at exactly the same time but you do stack them, instead you pop Incarnation after you just hit an eclipse, exhaust the eclipse energy to the neutral point, then pop CA. That way you'll have nearly 100% eclipsed incarnation.

In a bg though, you'll do insane burst anyway with both up.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2012-09-06 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    earth people said you should not pop em at the same time for the reason you just described.. even in PvP its a bad idea, you will lose 15s of incarnation if you do. ofc if your about to die go for it but then again ..your about to die..

so pop eclipse ->inc-> exhaust eclipse-Ca.. that way you have your "insane burst" for a longer period...

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    earth people said you should not pop em at the same time for the reason you just described.. even in PvP its a bad idea, you will lose 15s of incarnation if you do. ofc if your about to die go for it but then again ..your about to die..

so pop eclipse ->inc-> exhaust eclipse-Ca.. that way you have your "insane burst" for a longer period...
    Yes.. this is the right way to do it, both in pve and pvp, as for why the macro dosent work.
    Both incarnation and starfall are on gcd, and if you are engi you cant use synapse springs and a trinket at the same time.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post

Which is what I said. You are still stacking the buffs...

yeah was generally aimed at burst from a bg perspective...
    Also has anyone figured out why we cant use these spells in simple macros or cast-sequences?
    Sorry about the silly question, still not really working for me.
    ~Vayuu
    ~Lapietra
    ~Lapslock
    ~Rubmybeam

[Barthilas]

Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    yeah was generally aimed at burst from a bg perspective...
    Also has anyone figured out why we cant use these spells in simple macros or cast-sequences?
    Sorry about the silly question, still not really working for me.
    It was explained earlier in the thread. Starfall and Incarnation are on the GCD, you'll either have to make a cast sequence and press the macro a couple times, or remove starfall from the macro.

Deleted
    Should be both, you're buffing both of your dots with Incarnation which are further buffed by CA. There's no reason to stagger the buffs.

Ideally you don't pop them at exactly the same time but you do stack them, instead you pop Incarnation after you just hit an eclipse, exhaust the eclipse energy to the neutral point, then pop CA. That way you'll have nearly 100% eclipsed incarnation.

In a bg though, you'll do insane burst anyway with both up.
    That's what I have been doing Just out of curiosity? Is starfire bigger dps gain than wrath on celestial?

Yes by a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes by a lot
    normally i am starting on solar phase and when reaching lunar i activate incarnation and when I am done with lunar I use celestial and refresh moonfire and spamm starfire. I am still trying to max my dps out if anyone has suggestions

normally i am starting on solar phase and when reaching lunar i activate incarnation and when I am done with lunar I use celestial and refresh moonfire and spamm starfire. I am still trying to max my dps out if anyone has suggestions
    Starfire is designed to do more dps than wrath. Lunar is your single target dps eclipse, solar is your aoe eclipse.

Deleted
    Starfire is designed to do more dps than wrath. Lunar is your single target dps eclipse, solar is your aoe eclipse.
    What about Astral communication? I have been using it pre fight.. would it make sense to use it during fight?

What about Astral communication? I have been using it pre fight.. would it make sense to use it during fight?
    Only if there is a point in a fight where you cannot do any damage.

On a single-target boss fight, you want to be at 70-95 towards lunar (not in it). When the fight starts: Starfall -> Wrath -> [Entering Lunar] (Incarnation ->) Sunfire -> Moonfire -> Starsurges/Starfires -> Starfall when it drops off and Celestial Alignment when leaving Lunar eclipse. The reason for this is that you get 3 Starfalls and Nature's Grace.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"