What happened with damage?

5.0.4 launch was amazing, because damage was low, and people had survivability, and it was finally an end to CC-train.

But it feels like a hotfix has happened. I can't survive for anything's worth anymore. It's just back to CC-train and you die in a global.
    I was enjoying the TBC-esque pvp, to be honest, but now it's just back to cataclysm globalfest and CC-spam. And that is entirely the wrong way to go.
    Before I could tank a melee and kill things in range (5.0.4 Wednesday-Thursday, ie first two days). Now last day before the first maintenance, I can't have anything on me (Again) because I drop so fast it's ridiculous.

Am I alone with this, and people really enjoy zergfest pvp?
    Because I was having fun in pvp for the first time since Season 6.

Deleted
    ppl were getting used to their new toys the first few days and most were clueless how to deal dmg or their class at all, now that they know its back to "normal". they didnt hotfix anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    ppl were getting used to their new toys the first few days and most were clueless how to deal dmg or their class at all, now that they know its back to "normal". they didnt hotfix anything.
    This.

Although I played beta and PTR, I had issues to getting used to new play style Shadow Priests had. Now few days after, everything is different and I have a feeling I played this for whole expansion.

You are right, damage is again over the top. I am usually able to drop someone from 100>0 within seconds (3 orb DP + MB with MS procced).

And as I recall it they've applied hotfix which lowers healing done by players in PVP environment and healers now actually have to use 3 globals to heal someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    Exactly. On day one I was mindlessly spamming abilities, now it's all down