Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    Then you've handily pulled the wool over your own eyes. Put a toothpick in a big mac and serve it on a silver platter, it's still a big mac, it will just cost more. I suppose Famous Dave's serves better BBQ than all the South.
    Your mistake was thinking McDonald's meat is pure meat.

And certain meats are worth more than others because of taste/health/size/texture/meat color. Saying that expensive meat is the same as McDonald's is so..silly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've sold enough to be very happy with the sales figures.

I doubt we'll hear much till after this month is over. I have the feeling that ANet if going to wait till they really have a big number for box sales so that when they announce it people are going to be like, "whoa!"

Deleted
    the only reason why people care is because they want to compare the numbers to wow's numbers.

it really doesnt matter. gw2 will never get the sub base wow has.

mostly because you can't profit from gw2 (unlike wow)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Indeed. They only recently got rid of the pink slime. Even then, pretty sure most fast food joints still go with the by-products, just processed differently, and without the ammonium hydroxide.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-06 at 04:44 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This here is precisely the issue. The Big Mac is not just a Big Mac because of the boxes and copyright crap McDonald's put on burgers sold in their fast food chains.

It's also a Big Mac because of the way it's cooked on the grill, the way it's seasoned, and the way the burger is put together. Have you ever worked at McDonald's?

The meat that goes on the grill in McDonald's is cooked in 30 seconds or less. I forget the exact time, been years - but I distinctly remember that I put 9 frozen pieces of really-cheap (seriously, they had documents pinned to walls and easily ready by employees - what they buy for their food is so ridiculously cheap and in such ridiculous bulk, that I'm shocked it's not being air-dropped for starving people in Africa) all-beef patties on the grill, shaking some salt/pepper over each one, then pushing the button on the grill. A big secondary heating plate comes down on top of the meat, pressing down against it, and it all stays like that for a good thirty seconds (or however long the exact time is supposed to be). Then, after it's cooked, I pile all 9 of those burger patties into a heating tray, that's left sitting at the end of the sandwich-making line for... I think it was up to 30 minutes, for somebody to order a product that uses that particular bit of meat.
    On top of that, the grills aren't regularly cleaned properly between batches. You basically scrape it, put more meat down, and go again. Soon you've got a nice thick coating of burger grease being cooked alongside each beef patty.

I guarantee you, Olive Garden does it different. (do they even serve burgers? If they did, I doubt they buy the same bulk-boxes of frozen beef patties)
    What does the cooking time matter? Thin meat cooks quickly. If it wasn't cooked in that time it would be unsafe and they'd long have gone out of business. Unless you refuse to eat off nothing but brand new grills, seasoned grills are literally old oily grills. Grease is flavor, whether you enjoy it or not is entirely up to you. I enjoy you as a former employee making a conflicting statement with the person below though.

And certain meats are worth more than others because of taste/health/size/texture/meat color. Saying that expensive meat is the same as McDonald's is so..silly.
    Meat fillers exist even in gourmet burgers, the recipe is irrelevant. Praise to Olive Garden's marketing making you think they didn't dump their tomato sauce out of industrial sized cans like every other chain restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy you as a former employee making a conflicting statement with the person below though.
    To be sure, I have no idea if it was "all beef" or not. I just know that the boxes they came in were marked as "100% beef" which doesn't really say what the meat came from.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted

I'm not sure what this thread is about now but well I must add that it looks like it also depends of countries.

In France most people are extremely sensitive to food quality, McDonalds here make most of it's advertisement about the meat quality, that is supposed to be 100% made in france, 100% beef, and 100% muscle.

But also in France people are probably ready to pay more for that. When I travel to germany the price of a McDonalds menu is half of the price we get in France.

Yeah and just so you know, It taste the same anyway!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I'm not sure what this thread is about now but well I must add that it looks like it also depends of countries.

In France most people are extremely sensitive to food quality, McDonalds here make most of it's advertisement about the meat quality, that is supposed to be 100% made in france, 100% beef, and 100% muscle.

But also in France people are probably ready to pay more for that. When I travel to germany the price of a McDonalds menu is half of the price we get in France.

Yeah and just so you know, It taste the same anyway!
    I too have lost track of his thread...

But I'll not eat McDonald's...I don't eat food where the packaging tastes better and is probably more nutritious than the meal.

Deleted
    Its hilarious how the thread got derailed, from whether gw2 have 50 trillion players to what taste better between packaging and Big Mac.

10+ Year Old Account
    In France most people are extremely sensitive to food quality
    After eating in a Flunch in Paris, this surprises me.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    *insert stereotypical eating snails comment*

:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    If you go in a restaurant in Paris, and none of the client speak french, leave asap

But as surprising as it can be, Paris is not where you'll eat the best in france. So many tourists that restaurants just don't care as they don't have to get the people to come back anwyay.
    Last edited by mmoc5b799d32f5; 2012-09-06 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    *insert stereotypical eating snails comment*

:P
    Hey, snails taste great!

If you go in a restaurant in Paris, and none of the client speak french, leave asap

But as surprising as it can be, Paris is not where you'll eat the best in france. So many tourists that restaurants just don't care as they don't have to get the people to come back anwyay.
    As Rome isn't the best place to eat in Italy. Everybody knows that best restaurants are in the country.

Wait, are we still talking about the number of subs or we derailed into cooking? Because i found the latter much more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnitbobby View Post
    Yeah because following Biowares example on launching a game is a good idea how?

Keep in mind arenanet doesn't care about killing wow they are just focusing on making the product they have better. Word of mouth is how this game is growing and the product they released is backing it up. The launch alone was the smoothest i have ever seen a game go live. That right there says alot about how much arenanet is working on quality over sub quantity. If things keep going like this you will see GW2 having a very solid player base adding in the players they arleady had from GW1.
    actually they did come right out and said that GW1 was the second mmo behind wow ( debatable but ok) and that they wouldn't be until GW2 takes the nr 1 spot.

So yeah they do aim to top WoW, but I suppose rather than going for 10M players they'll wait till the wow number drop more

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I'd say ~800k.
    There's only two bits of hints we've been given so far: they had over 1 million pre-orders and they reached 400k concurrent players at some point during the launch weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Let's stay on topic please, this isn't a cooking/food thread.

I'd say ~800k.
    800k is way too low, unless your thinking of concurrent players which seems okay at peak times seeing as 400k logged on in the stress test...i mean pre release weekend. Anyones who guesses 4-8million is really a bit deluded :S

Deleted
    What does the cooking time matter? Thin meat cooks quickly. If it wasn't cooked in that time it would be unsafe and they'd long have gone out of business. Unless you refuse to eat off nothing but brand new grills, seasoned grills are literally old oily grills. Grease is flavor, whether you enjoy it or not is entirely up to you. I enjoy you as a former employee making a conflicting statement with the person below though.

Meat fillers exist even in gourmet burgers, the recipe is irrelevant. Praise to Olive Garden's marketing making you think they didn't dump their tomato sauce out of industrial sized cans like every other chain restaurant.
    Uh no, what is hamburger meat rally? It's ground meat and gourmet burger meat is ground at the restaurant using quality meat and no added fillers or it's not a gourmet burger. Gourmet cooking is all about quality ingredients and correct preparation or it's not gourmet at all.

Edit - sorry about the coocking, moderator comments came as I typed this post.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-09-06 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Uh no, what is hamburger meat rally? It's ground meat and gourmet burger meat is ground at the restaurant using quality meat and no added fillers or it's not a gourmet burger. Gourmet cooking is all about quality ingredients and correct preparation or it's not gourmet at all.
    no more cooking talk! Noone cares about food in here lol, plus your making me hungry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    no more cooking talk! Noone cares about food in here lol, plus your making me hungry.
    Considering which direction the thread went, I'm pretty sure there are people who care about food here. :P

Regardless, I don't really see any point in knowing / guessing the amount of players in GW2, especially not this close to release. It will drop soon (as every MMO does after a week or so, both newly released and after a major patch/expansion), and even then, what would you need it for? Comparing with subscription-based MMOs? GW2 isn't really in competition with subscription-based MMOs simply because it is casual-friendly and subscription-less. I can admit it would be fun to know, but better wait for an official and accurate announcement in that case rather than letting fantasy run wild.

I really hope they dont show it. WoW fanboys are dragging every game down with their pubescent hatred for anything new.

Posting ANYTHING like that only encourages them more, just like old republic.