Deleted

Ret differences between 85 and 90 (5.0.4)

So 5.0.4 came out just recently, as you all know, and everyone got changes on their characters!

Thing is.. I HATE the new ret paladins..

We're too OP, once again. My WoGs still heal myself up to 75k crits, but on top of that, we have insane absorbtion too?!

I don't normally mind being slightly overpowered, but to the point where everybody whines about me playing a "noob"-class for another entire expansion? No thanks..

So I'd like to ask you beta testers out there, are we different in 90, compared to 85?

Deleted
    I would like to say that we're not overpowered at 90. We are still strong with our abilities but not to the same extend as when you're lvl 85

Deleted
    My expirience in duels @ 85 on the live realms are that all rogues, mages, warlocks and melee classes in general have no chance against me in duels..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No shit sherlock, all classes are fucking stupid with healing at the moment it is a PRE-PATCH.

at 90 we are Fine, even a little undertuned damage wise.

Are morons going to keep making these threads until the 25th?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    No shit sherlock, all classes are fucking stupid with healing at the moment it is a PRE-PATCH.

at 90 we are Fine, even a little undertuned damage wise.

Are morons going to keep making these threads until the 25th?
    No need to be hostile man..
    I'm aware alot of classes are out of control, but I'm asking specifically about retribution paladins, not all classes.
    I ask, because I haven't seen a thread about this exact question on here, and I browse MMO-champion regularly (atleast once per day).

Thanks for answering my question anyhow, I hope you'll realize not everybody without beta access are "morons".

(That being said, I do have beta access.. I just don't have a 90 paladin)

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure these kind of questions is exactly why we have a forum/community, where we can discuss the current status of "PALADINS". Don't really see what else you might expect from this forum, when the PvP season is over, and people don't progress Dragon Soul anymore..
    Last edited by mmoca7da92d384; 2012-09-04 at 01:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of discussion on the state of all classes at 85 and all the crazy things they can do, even right here on the Paladin forums. As people have already said it's balanced around 90, not 85.

One could assume that if this mentality applied to, say for instance, a Fury Warrior, it would apply to a Ret Paladin. The concept is entirely universal.

The joke will be, "It must be your first pre-expansion patch!", because this always happens. When a pre-expansion patch is released you'll have spells and abilities meant to take on and be balanced around a higher level of content and have some classes if not all classes doing crazy things. Just have fun while before you get to leveling.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Woopert View Post
    I'm aware alot of classes are out of control, but I'm asking specifically about retribution paladins, not all classes.
    I ask, because I haven't seen a thread about this exact question on here, and I browse MMO-champion regularly (atleast once per day).

Thanks for answering my question anyhow, I hope you'll realize not everybody without beta access are "morons".

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure these kind of questions is exactly why we have a forum/community, where we can discuss the current status of "PALADINS". Don't really see what else you might expect from this forum, when the PvP season is over, and people don't progress Dragon Soul anymore..

And I'd like to believe the reason you haven't seen this question is because most are aware that everythnig is balanced for 90. So everythnig you do now will mean nothing at 90 your 75k crit Wog heal won't mean much when your hp is 365k and crits hit you for 150k+

Also you could always YouTube some Ret Paladin pvp at 90. Though people like to only show when they win, you'd see its much more balanced there. And its still beta so things are also subject to change.

And i can't EVER remember when PVP and balance was 1 vs 1... We're not OP, we're heavy cooldown dependent. Just list your 3:3 or 5:5 armory profile. Or show us the OP rets in former brackets.

And this is the first thread in long time that I read that someone whines and dislikes his pally because he's overpowered. Just youtube some Ret @ lvl 90 vids, there you have your real (lousy) damage done.

More like this build was pulled randomly while beta was being heavily rebalanced and numbers don't make any sense.

It's not so bad.

Healing is ott right now, but then dps is rather sub-par

I'm way more concerned with how clunky the various rotations are

10+ Year Old Account

Well, as others have pointed out, we're in that 'lame duck' period of the game where everything is balanced around the level cap that doesn't exist yet. This happens every expac. In 4.0, holy paladins could tank 6 players , and hunters would just erase you in BGs.

To answer your original question though, it's also a concern for me. We had this period of OPness in Wrath's lame duck period (3.0) - Divine Storm did extreme amount of damage and they were Holy damage unmitigable by armor; you could jump in an AV group and press Divine Storm and everyone would just die - and we've been paying for that mistake ever since. In 4.0 up to 4.0.6, no thanks to cooldown-less WoG and Selfless Healer, we were again hated by everyone, which led to our gutting in 4.1 and we remained pretty bad until 4.3.

Who is to say the same cycle wouldn't continue? I hope this time it'll be a lot better only because this beta works differently from others, but long-time paladin players are more cynical than I am.

So 5.0.4 came out just recently, as you all know, and everyone got changes on their characters!

Thing is.. I HATE the new ret paladins..

We're too OP, once again. My WoGs still heal myself up to 75k crits, but on top of that, we have insane absorbtion too?!

I don't normally mind being slightly overpowered, but to the point where everybody whines about me playing a "noob"-class for another entire expansion? No thanks..

So I'd like to ask you beta testers out there, are we different in 90, compared to 85?
    Don't worry, Ret will probably be the same mediocre crap it's always been at 90. Before you know it, people will be making fun of you for being a "noob" playing a crap spec, rather than for playing an OP "noob" spec, and all your "problems" will be solved. Also, you should really know that Ret is always OP in between expansions, that's how Blizzard raises negative public opinion about us, so that they can then treat us like crap for the whole expansion without anyone caring.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-09-04 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Well, as others have pointed out, we're in that 'lame duck' period of the game where everything is balanced around the level cap that doesn't exist yet.
    No, nothing is balanced AT ALL. Check the timing when they announced this patch, they were constantly changing numbers on beta during that period.

Deleted
    If you believe this question is the same as all others on this forum; My apologies - I just don't (But I'm sorry to bother you with it).

I'm not watching youtube videos for the exact reason that players show crit+CD montage, which is highly uninteresting.
    Thanks for all positive response, I have a good idea of our state at level 90 compared to 85 now.

Still considering if ret will continue to be my main, with the playstyle being changed to this.. might re-roll really (but I can't decide which class before hunters/warriors/OP healers return to a balanced state..)

If you believe this question is the same as all others on this forum; My apologies - I just don't (But I'm sorry to bother you with it).

I'm not watching youtube videos for the exact reason that players show crit+CD montage, which is highly uninteresting.
    Thanks for all positive response, I have a good idea of our state at level 90 compared to 85 now.

Still considering if ret will continue to be my main, with the playstyle being changed to this.. might re-roll really (but I can't decide which class before hunters/warriors/OP healers return to a balanced state..)
    Its just best to play what you enjoy. I love the Ret changes an im not talking bout the OPness. Im talking about the fact that everything now generates holy power which is soooo much better. And no cd on wog like it was originally designed is awesome also.

Ret will be my main in MoP like its been in every xpac. But i will have a Night Elf Monk alt to lvl an got my 85 DK, Rogue, Feral Druid and Warrior waiting for me if i get bored of my main an new monk alt. games are meant to be enjoyed bro. Do that an keep that as priority.

Deleted
    Yeah, also changed to ret from dk. I'm really not into ranged gameplaying and I also like to win at 1v1. Dks are shit in MoP as they have been in cata. Warriors are nerfed instantly if they become able to beat those untouchable mages and holy rogues, in fact you can always bet warriors will be nerfed, even for no reason other than GC wanting to troll them. Enhancement shamans are lol always and forever. Rogues are boring (I dunno, I just find them friggin boring to play) as are feral druids who have way too many keys and stuff for my taste.

If paladins weren't so great and compatible with my wants in the game, I would have definitely quit WoW. Not even a rage quit, more like quitting because of lack of choices.