Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mandatory glyphs..

Is anyone else sick of these MUST HAVE glyphs for pvp?

I'm mainly playing a disc priest, and we got 2 glyphs that we must have, ps glyph and inner focus, right now i got penance for bg fun, however at lvl 90 i will probably need to glyph the penance for sw:d when doing some arena.

Are we the only spec that has these stupid mandatory glyphs or is anyone else suffering this too? I was quite looking forward to some glyphs, however looks like that wont happen any time soon..
    Last edited by mmoc6513cc48dc; 2012-09-04 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Paladins right now don't really have any worthwhile glyphs at all. I mean if you wanna run around killing people as holy then yeah, there's "mandatory" ones, but other than that most choices are pretty much meh. For ret there's like one okay ish glyph (less damage after TV, but it's for such a short time) and all the others suck big time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Paladins right now don't really have any worthwhile glyphs at all. I mean if you wanna run around killing people as holy then yeah, there's "mandatory" ones, but other than that most choices are pretty much meh. For ret there's like one okay ish glyph (less damage after TV, but it's for such a short time) and all the others suck big time.
    Lucky.. werent they trying to remove the mandatory in glyph system :/? If i recall correctly it was maybe in a blog of theirs <.<

Deleted
    I also feel like Hunters Glyphs are really bad and none of them make me think "Yeah that would be cool".
    Kind of weird I thought the whole point of this was so you weren't pressured into one style of play.

Thats about how I feel. Even the "good ones" are mediocre at best, I mean 50% chance upon being cc to gain 1 hp every 20 seconds, talk about gimping the hell out of one our of good talents. DP is pretty good I guess... The only "mandatory" glyph I see for hpallys is rebuke, basically turns our interrupt into counterspell and its not like we use it on cd anyway, I only get a chance to use it in kinda clutch situations where the additional lockout rocks.

Its the complete opposite for my warrior. I wish I had 10 glyph slots and they would all be full of glyphs that help a ton. Yet we have that "mandatory" problem bad. Wars need gag order, no question, and death from above is pretty much required at this point with our 4set even after the nerf. After that we have some flexability but hindering strikes is required if you dont take piercing howl or run with a dk/ret.

Arena the glyphs feel mandatory for world pvp and duels. I want to switch them out constantly. My hunter i can't decide 8 second master's call, distracting shot for pets, spell reflect on deterrence, animal bonds, aspect of the cheetah seems kind of cool and will help when warriors get avatar. Arena wise probably gonna go master's call, scatter shot and something else haven't really put much thought about it much.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing felt mandatory for my Frost DK but for Unholy i felt that Icy touch dispells, undispellable diseases, and Death and Decay Slows was a godsend in BG's

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro locks only have a total of FOUR glyphs to choose from. Of which two are basically mandatory too :/

Deleted
    Do pve players get the freedom of more glyphs for their own personal choice? :/

Not trying to blame this on them or anything Just want to see if the choice is the same as pvpers got
    Last edited by mmoc6513cc48dc; 2012-09-04 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Destro locks only have a total of FOUR glyphs to choose from. Of which two are basically mandatory too :/
    In terms of glyphs warlocks are being screwed over by the massive demo overhaul. It's a touch annoying that we seem to be expected to take the spec and that all the useful glyphs are demo only. But then we don't have half so many of the quirky little visual one. My Spriest has archangel and shadow ravens, and im taking confession once its avalable whereas all warlocks have are a recolor for banish- even by visual standards its pathetic and rarely used and verdant spheres..and honestly? the shards look better imo.

So a bit irksome but we can only hope for new, funky glyphs in the future

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Do pve players get the freedom of more glyphs for their own personal choice? :/

Not trying to blame this on them or anything Just want to see if the choice is the same as pvpers got
    most pve specs have a choice tbh. and from an example boomies have basically 0 mandatory except maybe rebirth.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Mage I'll chime in. Mandatory glyphs are not awesome.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

i would argue that turn evil is mandatory in pvp. and harsh words is probably very very strongly recommended even as a ret.

but yeah, i wish i had multiple mandatory glyphs, it would mean that paladin glyphs didn't suck.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    For ret there's like one okay ish glyph (less damage after TV, but it's for such a short time) and all the others suck big time.
    I totally agree on this. Id much rather have warrior glyphs. Even two would be enough for me.

Deleted
    Doesn't ret also have glyph of overpowered AoE exorcism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Doesn't ret also have glyph of overpowered AoE exorcism?
    No we're talking about pvp here. Even in pve that glyph is situational at best.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said they were changing the -talents- so that none are mandatory (apparently) They didn't say the same about Glyphs

That's why they changed the minor glyphs so much, so those are the ones you can just choose for whatever fun reason, while Major are the must haves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Blizz said they were changing the -talents- so that none are mandatory (apparently) They didn't say the same about Glyphs

That's why they changed the minor glyphs so much, so those are the ones you can just choose for whatever fun reason, while Major are the must haves
    If all the major glyphs are must haves... how are people meant to have them all?

"Can you google for the one right choice?" is not compelling game play.
    Of course, if they all feel pointless and sucky, that isn't fun either.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    If all the major glyphs are must haves... how are people meant to have them all?

"Can you google for the one right choice?" is not compelling game play.
    Of course, if they all feel pointless and sucky, that isn't fun either.
    They are all useable(mostly) you just have to know what ones suit your gameplay better my main is a Feral druid, and i feel i would much like a few more glyph slots too lol

Doubt it's possible to make each glyph good in both PvE and PvP, at least without reworking many of the interesting ones.

Re-glyphing between PvE and PvP isn't that big of a deal, compared to the full respec that used to be required. And showing up to a raid with a PvP glyph or two also isn't that big of a deal.