Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

All nice, but will it merge?

So I've been playing WoW since BC, my brother since Vanilla. He's always been hardcore and taught me the attitude I need for hardcore raiding and we raided separately in top 100 US guilds.

His main is a paladin, in which he attained Yogg+0 lights realm first, grand crusader and Ardent Defender. If he transferred his 80 mage alt to my account, would my druid gain all of his titles as well? Or does it have to be the toon he earned the titles on to be on my account for me to have them? His mage does have everything his paladin does and he'd give me his mage. I understand this may be against ToU or the ToS or whatever but I want to know whether or not if I'd gain the realm firsts and mounts I don't have from his mage being on my account whom has all the titles and mounts.

Doubtful as achievements are now tied to the account not the toons.

I don't think you can transfer between different battle.net accounts unless the names match!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueness View Post
    I don't think you can transfer between different battle.net accounts unless the names match!
    This. The names on both accounts must match to transfer characters between them.

Note that he said his BROTHER.. kinda makes sense that they have the same surname dont it?

No, I honestly dont think so.. it has to be the toon he gained them on. As if you hover over the achivements you see "Completed by: XXX Not completed by: XXXX" etc

So it has to be "Completed" for it to work

Deleted
    too bad though, those are nice titles!

Yes, if you were able to "merg" your battle.net accounts(meaning you'd both have same email/log in, just signing into different accounts) you'd be able to feed off his achievements. I have a raider who for her anniversary gift her husband had gotten her a spectral tiger(pretty cute imo) and when account wide achievements hit, her other accounts that were linked to her Bnet(Her son and her husbands) they had both gotten all her realm first FoS and all the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Note that he said his BROTHER.. kinda makes sense that they have the same surname dont it?
    O
    No, I honestly dont think so.. it has to be the toon he gained them on. As if you hover over the achivements you see "Completed by: XXX Not completed by: XXXX" etc

So it has to be "Completed" for it to work
    Unless I am mistaken, the only times account merges are allowed are when both accounts are under the same name or when two people have gotten married. If his brother has a different first name, a merge would be impossible.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    Yes, if you were able to "merg" your battle.net accounts(meaning you'd both have same email/log in, just signing into different accounts) you'd be able to feed off his achievements. I have a raider who for her anniversary gift her husband had gotten her a spectral tiger(pretty cute imo) and when account wide achievements hit, her other accounts that were linked to her Bnet(Her son and her husbands) they had both gotten all her realm first FoS and all the mounts.
    Link with proof if you could, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, the only times account merges are allowed are when both accounts are under the same name or when two people have gotten married. If his brother has a different first name, a merge would be impossible.
    I am not sure how it works now but it had always been possible to change your first name on battle.net.