Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    and if you build like i do ... your kitty gets 10 stacks of might
    That's not hard to figure out. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    No one mentioned necromancers. Are all the others overpowered? I haven't noticed, since they can't kill me.
    Necro is like a SL/SL lock on crack. I just run away from them cause you cant kill them. Is Season 2 all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's not hard to figure out. O_o
    he only knows at least 15 points go into one of the trees, he doesn't know how many are actually spent in there, nor does he know what major trait was taken, nor anything else on the traits...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDraLiNsK View Post
    I hate thieves! I don't mind them power wise, but I think cloaking and finishing is a bit OP. For example, yesterday I was pvping and it was me vs a theif. He got me to a downed state first (he had maybe 1/4 or a bit less health) and I started doing my drain (I'm a necro) now I have the +50% power while downed trait, and I know for 100% fact I would have killed him and rallied before he could finish me (I have a fear spell too while downed) and just before I was about to kill him and rally, he cloaks, I am unable to target him, and he finishes me while cloaked. That to me is a little OP. I don't mind the quickness or normal cloaking because I have a ton of AoE, but being able to cloak near death run up and finish a downed player without them having a chance to even rally or see them is a bit retarded.
    So he already beat you to a downed state? But you felt sure that you could launch a come-back from there?

I mean, are you saying that being downed was all part of the plan and he ruined it by continuing to whup you ass?

Deleted
    Well, its rather balanced already but some things might need to look through. Like thiefs with no skill using only one ability. It needs to be sorted out, game should reward smart use of skills and Im sure there would be more creative and still viable thief play if they nerfed heartseeker.
    Guardians needs to get healing nerfed, and its as simple as the game says that the holy trinity is gone and there will be no healers. That's not the case with guardians today and needs to be fixed if they want the game to work as intented.
    Perhaps look through mesmer downed state that might be too powerful compared to others, if played well with friends you can never die which all other professions pretty much can. A solution might be delaying possibility do clone yourself while down with perhaps 10 secs and not getting ability instant.
    Other than that it's just bugs, and engineers seems to be hit worse with it now. Also, now every profession except engineers are sought after in tournaments, so they need to give people a reason to bring engineers as well.

he only knows at least 15 points go into one of the trees, he doesn't know how many are actually spent in there, nor does he know what major trait was taken, nor anything else on the traits...
    dont care to know what your build is mine works as my teams 30-4 so far in spvp tournaments and i dominate the battleground so keep doing what your doing and ill do what im doing

Deleted
    I've been playing staff/sw+sh guardian which has been fun - to an extent. Lots of people don't know how to act around a healer though so I just end up trying to cover as many people as I can. On the side I've been playing the default build of the warrior to get a feel for it. It's good fun and I can see myself playing more of it as I get to more weapon / sigil | gem | trait combos.

On to the thread, I haven't seen anything that's particularly ridiculous in SPVP. Yes, there have been times that GOOD PLAYERS were able to lay waste to a group but that has a lot more to do with them understanding their build and playing well than it does with "omg mage burst". Can certain builds take other builds down quickly? Sure, but you are by no means confined to running the weaker builds. If you're going into SPVP with a build that is made for good conditions, you're gonna have a bad time. Plan for the worst, pray for the best and play knowing that you will most definitely run into people that are better than you.

Also, matching your sigils / runes to cover some of the stuff your traits / weapon choices don't address helps.

ArenaNet is notorious for 'balance', so it won't take long lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    necros are more of a support class... they can`t really kill stuff in pvp unless that guy is afk and the necro has 1 minute to make 20 stack bleed on him then wait until 70dmg ticks eat up 25k hp.
    Not true, if you have a condition build then it’s somewhat true what you write but if you go for an axe or dagger build with high power/high crit combined with 3 pets you do much more upfront damage. Not like a thief or warrior but enough to kill ppl handily and that was the primary reason I switched from the much overrated fotm condition build to an axe/focus build with power/crit/deathshroud build for faster damage and better survivability. The pets also offer good cc in addition to extra damage if you know how to use their skills.

I’ve killed plenty of ppl in WvWvW with this build. I don’t know how this build would work in structured PvP though because I haven’t tried them yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    dont care to know what your build is mine works as my teams 30-4 so far in spvp tournaments and i dominate the battleground so keep doing what your doing and ill do what im doing
    Fair enough, to each their own

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Not true, if you have a condition build then it’s somewhat true what you write but if you go for an axe or dagger build with high power/high crit combined with 3 pets you do much more upfront damage. Not like a thief or warrior but enough to kill ppl handily and that was the primary reason I switched from the much overrated fotm condition build to an axe/focus build with power/crit/deathshroud build for faster damage and better survivability. The pets also offer good cc in addition to extra damage if you know how to use their skills.

I’ve killed plenty of ppl in WvWvW with this build. I don’t know how this build would work in structured PvP though because I haven’t tried them yet.
    It makes sense though that you don't kill people like a thief because you're SIGNIFICANTLY more survivable then a thief, especially if you spend points into having a larger life force bar (and since that thing fills up on %'s you don't have to worry about it taking forever to fill!)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Ranger complaining about pvp balance? Now I've seen everything.

I've played Ranger extensively in pvp and they are a solid profession when used appropriately.

I do feel like Elementalists need a bit of work (numbers-wise, their utility is fine), and Necro is just a wonky concept as they only really have 1 viable build.

Deleted
    It makes sense though that you don't kill people like a thief because you're SIGNIFICANTLY more survivable then a thief, especially if you spend points into having a larger life force bar (and since that thing fills up on %'s you don't have to worry about it taking forever to fill!)

I never said it would be ok to kill as fast as a thief, I'm totally ok with higher survivability and less damage and the other way around. That's the way it should be in mmo:s and one reason I left WoW where now days you can have both.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-09-06 at 02:54 PM. Reason: mispost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    Hi, atm I am playing a ranger and most of it feels pretty well balanced, (except spirits) but I just hate seeing all these theives, warriors, mesmers, guardians with these all mighty powerful builds and then me trying to fight the mass burst or mass control. Now I know i have zephering or what ever it's called but really it just doesn't cut it in comparison.

I really do enjoy playing ranger for most pve part but man if I'm not hiding behind a wall of people or an actual wall (WvW) it gets ugly pretty fast. Sure I'm probably not playing like the best ranger in the game but either we need to be toned up or they need to be toned down.

Just wondering how long people think it will take Anet to bring the professions back into line?
    And also any tips on WvW, PvP, for ranger would be nice. I like mostly power builds. Atm using longbow/shortbow crit/zeph swapping in WvW mainly
    Lvl - 80 ranger

may have to roll a thief >.>

Balancing will be on hold until they've sorted out the more important issues that come with a new MMO launch. But the good news is GW2 will b efar mroe frequently balanced (and well baalnced) than your typical PvE MMO as their aim is competitive PvP.

Saying that, they will largely balance for 5v5, so even though a warrior may seem very OP in a pugged 8v8 for instance, in 5v5 it is less so, so you may be waiting a while.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Thieves have some of the lowest HP in the game. They are as durable as casters.
    Thy also have the best mobility, medium armour and one of the best escapibility, and perhaps more importantly do a ridiculous amount of burst damage which is often very difficult to avoid as it can be done from stealth and is simply out of balance currently.

Thieves, along with certain guardian builds and mesmers (though this will be difficult to be balance, because their core mechanic has certain issues) will be nerfed and conversely Necros & Eles will be buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    Thy also have the best mobility, medium armour and one of the best escapibility, and perhaps more importantly do a ridiculous amount of burst damage which is often very difficult to avoid as it can be done from stealth and is simply out of balance currently.
    That's the trade-off in the Thief design. They're extremely squishy - as a result, they have to be highly mobile and be good at getting away, or else they'll just always die. They also need to be good at killing their enemy, or else they'll be completely useless in a fight, with how much running around they'd have to do to stay alive. You ever see an under-leveled thief try Personal Story on his own? It doesn't work out pretty, because they can't do any damage to the enemy mobs, even just one on his own. It's the same thing there as in PvP - if the Thief can't do any reasonable damage to the enemy, they're fighting a losing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    Thieves, along with certain guardian builds and mesmers (though this will be difficult to be balance, because their core mechanic has certain issues) will be nerfed and conversely Necros & Eles will be buffed.
    Not entirely so sure that will happen. The meta game will move forward once people learn how other professions work.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-06 at 03:31 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Realy?Just did spvp on my ranger and some elemental had no cd on attunement and was outhealing 5 ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, except you just made that up. There's no way to have no cooldown on attunements, and if he was "outhealing" 5 people then they need to get their act together, that's more an issue of them sucking than him being broken.

Granted, support staff elementalists are really durable, but not THAT durable.
    Didnt made that up.He was switching between water and earth attunement every 2 sec.

Warrior here
    Only profession that gave me hard time was engineers tbh, though i do not like spending a slot for stability so its annoying to try to reach em with my hammer in a field of mines constantly getting knocked down :P
    Other than that thieves are annoying when they pop thieves guild , i usually run away and let them waste that cd
    I do run a semi durable hammer/longbow build though so my problems may not the same as other hundred blades warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Didnt made that up.He was switching between water and earth attunement every 2 sec.
    Considering that is literally 100% impossible, I have no reason to believe you. Maybe he just had some kind of healing sigil on his weapons, but he certainly couldn't swap between attunements like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Considering that is literally 100% impossible, I have no reason to believe you. Maybe he just had some kind of healing sigil on his weapons, but he certainly couldn't swap between attunements like that.
    that healing sigil even has like a 6-9 second CD (i'm almost positive it's 9), so i highly doubt that was the case either especially since that Sigils CD is on the effect itself and NOT the weapon like some of the other ones are... My guess would be he probably had some conjures so it gave the APPEARANCE that he was switching to someone who isn't very observant, but isn't actually switching.... Like the rock shield alone isn't very noticeable, and all the spell effects scream "I'm using earth abilities!"

Deleted
    Would want to see a nerf on guardians and warrior could use less burst too, a bull's charge followed up by hundred blades deals way to much damage.