Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

When will the profession balancing begin?

Hi, atm I am playing a ranger and most of it feels pretty well balanced, (except spirits) but I just hate seeing all these theives, warriors, mesmers, guardians with these all mighty powerful builds and then me trying to fight the mass burst or mass control. Now I know i have zephering or what ever it's called but really it just doesn't cut it in comparison.

I really do enjoy playing ranger for most pve part but man if I'm not hiding behind a wall of people or an actual wall (WvW) it gets ugly pretty fast. Sure I'm probably not playing like the best ranger in the game but either we need to be toned up or they need to be toned down.

Just wondering how long people think it will take Anet to bring the professions back into line?
    And also any tips on WvW, PvP, for ranger would be nice. I like mostly power builds. Atm using longbow/shortbow crit/zeph swapping in WvW mainly
    Lvl - 80 ranger

may have to roll a thief >.>
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

I haven't tried any PvP yet so I can't corroborate any of what you've said, but I'd be willing to wager that most responses will be along the lines of "This game is perfectly balanced, l2p n00b".

Thieves have some of the lowest HP in the game. They are as durable as casters.

Deleted
    WvWvW is not balanaced it never will be, its a game of who brings the most force to the battle.

I just reached Rank 10 in sPvP which I gained through my ranger. I have to agree with you but I would also add elementalists. It's not every Warrior, Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, or Elementalist...but there are a few builds that have definitely one-shotted me time and time again.

I've messed with my Traits quite a bit but I do feel Warriors and Thieves have a little too much burst.

Deleted
    Can't wait for a Warrior nerf. Ridiculous how much damage they can do via facerolling. Tsk tsk tsk

I love my thief, but if you're having problems keeping a ranger alive inside WvW you probably won't have much fun bringing a thief there.

I'd like to see staff elementalists get a bit of a buff.

Don't know about pvp - but in pve it feels like we're behind the other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tournament teams seem to consist out of allmost full guardians teams most of the time. They become almost imposible to kill

If there is annything like a healing class in this game its themm making it feel like they are almost mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Thieves have some of the lowest HP in the game. They are as durable as casters.
    except every hotjoin pvp match is like 5 thieves and 3 warriors. Who cares if you are as durable as a caster. Try and survive 4 people spamming Heartseeker on you.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Can't wait for a Warrior nerf. Ridiculous how much damage they can do via facerolling. Tsk tsk tsk
    L2move out of 100 blades. If you stand there and eat it you deserve to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    L2move out of 100 blades. If you stand there and eat it you deserve to die.
    L2Stun/Immobilize the enemy. If you let him get away, you deserve to do no damage.

Is this thread heading towards another "Class X killed my Class Y so therefore X needs to be nerfed or Y needs to be buffed!" black hole?

Deleted
    Classes don't hold power, builds do.

Try a different build than your current one and see how that goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Classes don't hold power, builds do.

Try a different build than your current one and see how that goes.
    Actually, classes and builds hold power :P

I think the melee classes do too high damage atm, especially the platies considering their defence. Rogues also steamroll content, was watching one meleeing mobs next to me the other day, killing them easily in like 5 seconds flat. Whereas on my engineer I have to roll around for ages etc (same level and no my build does not suck)

I'm not going to argue, but thinking classes are all balanced is crazy talk, I'm sure arenanet will get around to testing/balancing eventually. They haven't been afraid to nerf things to the ground in the past, or buff other classes up to a standard.

'nade engineers can do quite a lot of damage too if they can endlessly land grenades...

2400+ power and 20 stacks of vulnerability hurt...

Personally the only people i have lost to so far in spvp were a ranger and a mesmer. Granted I am still rank 2 or something so I am not that far yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    'nade engineers can do quite a lot of damage too if they can endlessly land grenades...

2400+ power and 20 stacks of vulnerability hurt...

Personally the only people i have lost to so far in spvp were a ranger and a mesmer. Granted I am still rank 2 or something so I am not that far yet...
    Yeah, so I've heard people say, yet to actually see it happen though, I'm also spec'ed into explosives myself. They can very slowly whittle people down if you decide to stand in the same exact area and not move for a very, very long time. Pretty useless in pve i've found except for "tapping" mobs in aoe. They are good in the ocean though where it changes to single target mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Yeah, so I've heard people say, yet to actually see it happen though, I'm also spec'ed into explosives myself. They can very slowly whittle people down if you decide to stand in the same exact area and not move for a very, very long time. Pretty useless in pve i've found except for "tapping" mobs in aoe.
    well from my experience in spvp they were doing at least 400 a grenade, so 1200+ a throw with the regular grenades. The hard part is just hitting people with them over and over.

However... elixir U and grenades underwater is just plain awesome.

PVE... I haven't gotten too far (still level 34-35) but they can still do a lot. I noticed they don't scale quite as well in to high levels (wvw), but that is what grenadier is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I think what the Ranger needs are much stronger pets, just like in WoW pets are easily ignored because they do so little damage, Rift has the exact same problem.

Pets are half the class make up yet do about a 20th the damage, if they make it so pets have to be dealt with and it would go a long way to balancing the Ranger type classes in MMO's.

I'm not even trying to discuss balance in this game anymore. I tried to bring up several things in game and was instantly flamed by rabid fanboys screaming how everything is bubbly and amazing and how I'm just terribad. Okay, whatever.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Pets are half the class make up yet do about a 20th the damage, if they make it so pets have to be dealt with and it would go a long way to balancing the Ranger type classes in MMO's.
    Define "deal with" the pet? Cause the problem is, unless pets go down in a single hit or something, there's never really gonna be a reason to "deal with" the pet if you can get rid of the pet by just killing the owner. That's just common sense, why waste time dealing with 2 targets when you can get rid of both of them by dealing with a single one?