Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Anet will start more balancing when the e-sport tournaments come around and also when specific setups are coming 1st time and time again.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Can't wait for a Warrior nerf. Ridiculous how much damage they can do via facerolling. Tsk tsk tsk
    I laugh each time I read this. It''s almost impossible to land a full 100b on a competent player in tournaments. Though it does happen from time to time when I get someone else to follow up my knockdown with a stun. But never without proper teamplay. Or when bad teams running around like headless chickens. Heck, I once killed 3 people with one 100b when they were all at 30-50% HP and all 3 were trying to finnish off our Guardian, rofl. They ate it all without dodging and died.

Other than that Warriors are pretty weak in Tournaments compared to Mesmers, Guardians and Thiefs. If you go offensive you get bursted down in seconds and if you go defensive your damage is crap while still being more squishy than a Guardian who does twice your damage.

L2Stun/Immobilize the enemy. If you let him get away, you deserve to do no damage.
    Learn to get defensive abilities and stun-breaks. Bull Rush can be dodged and even if it hits you still wont get hit for a full 100b if you roll away ASAP (and the first few hits dont do much damage). And if you get Knockdown -> Stun by Warrior+other class with your stunbreak on CD... well you were gonna die anyways.

That being said, 100b does do a lot of damage if you somehow land it all on someone (as proved on my example with the 3 idiots). Go ahead and nerf its damage and make us able to move with it... and/or buff the damage/utility in other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Also Elementalist just die when downed, while most other class have a way to avoid the first execute move. They are currently the weakest class in sPvP (and I'm not playing one).

Thieves are very strong, but also extremly easy to play, because of how their ressource system works, they don't need to weapon swap, they don't need to use anyting than autoattack/heartseeker. They need to review the way their ressource work, skill 4 and 5 shouldn't cost initiative and just have cooldown, so thief have somewhat a motivation to weapon swap and use those cooldown.

With the initiative cost on every weapon skills, there will always be a superior skill (heartseeker atm) that will be spammed.
    Heartseeker spamming is a very stupid thing to do. Doesn't really do that much damage unless the target is low HP and it's so easy to counter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    I swear people that complain about spamming heartseeker have never played a thief
    its use the least amount of initiative, and I understand you spot some people uses it 3 times which is wrong but to use leaping death blossom you will do less damage and use more initiative
    they have less health than other classes and can get busted down just as easy or elementalists unless ou control your elite skills
    it is the same with mesmers using decoy in pvp or warriors using evis or 100 strikes or rangers using spike trap or multi shot
    tbh class balance is more even than alot of mmos in its current state ie wow or rift not to drag that conversation out
    I've farmed more than 10 pvp lvl using a rogue, and played a few other class in sPvP too. Overall balance is much more fair than most mmo, but to achieve a given efficiency, rogue are still much much easier to play. Obviously they can die but they are also very good at escaping fight you don't want to fight. 25% passive runspeed multiple low cooldown stealth. Heartseeker can even be used as an escape/movement skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Heartseeker spamming is a very stupid thing to do. Doesn't really do that much damage unless the target is low HP and it's so easy to counter.
    You obviously start with a steal (extra range) that stealth, + 100% crit out of stealth +100% damage backstab that can hit cloth for 6K+ and even guardian for more than 4. They are already close to 50%, you have extra maximum energy, and didn't spend anything yet, so you can chain 4 HS. Using every item bonus/trait bonus to increase damage to low hp targets most of the no thougness equiped player will be dead.

Now if your target is alive just use the stealth trap/area stealth or heal that stealth, and finish them with a glorious +30% damage (low hp target) +100% crit +100% damage ambush.

Overall even if i love to play my mesmer (which is my pve main), when I wanna grind pvp rank, I switch to my rogue.
    Last edited by mmoc5b799d32f5; 2012-09-05 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    you people cry to much and not uping your gameplay

You obviously start with a steal (extra range) that stealth, + 100% crit out of stealth +100% damage backstab that can hit cloth for 6K+ and even guardian for more than 4. They are already close to 50%, you have extra maximum energy, and didn't spend anything yet, so you can chain 4 HS. Using every item bonus/trait bonus to increase damage to low hp targets most of the no thougness equiped player will be dead.

Now if your target is alive just use the stealth trap/area stealth or heal that stealth, and finish them with a glorious +30% damage (low hp target) +100% crit +100% damage ambush.

Overall even if i love to play my mesmer (which is my pve main), when I wanna grind pvp rank, I switch to my rogue.
    Assuming your target just stands there and takes the damage.

And using other abilities to grind the target down is technically not heartseeker spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    Hi, atm I am playing a ranger and most of it feels pretty well balanced, (except spirits) but I just hate seeing all these theives, warriors, mesmers, guardians with these all mighty powerful builds and then me trying to fight the mass burst or mass control. Now I know i have zephering or what ever it's called but really it just doesn't cut it in comparison.

I really do enjoy playing ranger for most pve part but man if I'm not hiding behind a wall of people or an actual wall (WvW) it gets ugly pretty fast. Sure I'm probably not playing like the best ranger in the game but either we need to be toned up or they need to be toned down.

Just wondering how long people think it will take Anet to bring the professions back into line?
    And also any tips on WvW, PvP, for ranger would be nice. I like mostly power builds. Atm using longbow/shortbow crit/zeph swapping in WvW mainly
    Lvl - 80 ranger

may have to roll a thief >.>
    Thieves are for the damage only, and ofcourse the escapability...
    The ranger is really solid and actually very strong... I do not know if it has been fixed cause i don't play ranger atm.. But in the last stress test the Rangers bleed build could wreck anything while staying alive with spirits... I image some potetially really strong builds involving the sword or greatsword...

To be honest i think it is pretty balanced, every profession does it's own thing and it does so pretty well... Including the ranger... However the Elementalist did perhaps everything at the same time which is pretty strong... They have everything exept stealth...

Im not sure if they could do too much balancing... But again ofcourse they will never be 100% as strong, even in League of Legends one of the most balanced games out there are making changes constantly...

Deleted
    I am ranger and I feel much weaker to other classes. I'm keeping my gear on the level so it's not an issue, I even trait for more dps, but I'm shooting and shooting and shooting that stupid mob, and here come warrior, thief, or pretty much any other class and kill same mob in 2 seconds. WTF?

Hi, atm I am playing a ranger and most of it feels pretty well balanced, (except spirits) but I just hate seeing all these theives, warriors, mesmers, guardians with these all mighty powerful builds and then me trying to fight the mass burst or mass control. Now I know i have zephering or what ever it's called but really it just doesn't cut it in comparison.

I really do enjoy playing ranger for most pve part but man if I'm not hiding behind a wall of people or an actual wall (WvW) it gets ugly pretty fast. Sure I'm probably not playing like the best ranger in the game but either we need to be toned up or they need to be toned down.
    Well, the funny thing is that thieves and mesmers feel the same way ^^ Warriors an Guardians have some more armor, but they also die very quickly if not playing smart. The thing about being balanced is that nobody should feel too safe and too overpowered. Even on my Guardian tank build I have to be very careful in WvWvW — I can't just charge in or I will die.

Rangers are actually in a very good spot right now. They are very good both in ranged and melee, they are one of the most mobile professions in the game and they also have many good builds. Pets could use some tuning, but if played right, they do tons of damage and have good utility.

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity (or how you spell it :P) I entered in WvW last night for the first time on my thief. Ofc I avoided zergs but when I found single or two players I nuked them so fast I was amazed by burst damage Thief has. I'm using my sword/pistol solo farming build and it was succesful in PVP also. I heard of good guardians with much HP hard to kill but when I shadowstepped to one I nuked him in 1 combo :P My HP is about 12k atm (80 lvl ). And underwater? 2v1 is too easy for me :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Rogues also steamroll content, was watching one meleeing mobs next to me the other day, killing them easily in like 5 seconds flat. Whereas on my engineer I have to roll around for ages etc (same level and no my build does not suck)
    Well, I have both - the rogue can take things down quickly, in ideal circumstances...but they go down fast. Engineers just keep motoring on...the tables turn when fighting veteran mobs - rogues have to be very defensive and kite, whereas engineers can place their turrets and boom away.

Coming out of fights alive I would place my money on the engineer any day. Personally though, I find them a little boring - I like having to be on the ball all the time...even if it does mean I occasionally get launched in to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Everyone claims their <Profession X> is weak and that <Profession Y> and <Profession Z> do so much more damage, have so much more control, and worst of all they can do all that without taking any significant damage and just by facerolling.
    The difference here is that it takes less than 10 minutes to get any profession up and rolling in PvP to see for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The difference here is that it takes less than 10 minutes to get any profession up and rolling in PvP to see for yourself.
    Takes more than ten minutes to get sufficiently good at any profession to accurately state whether it's overpowered, underpowered, or balanced, however. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Just wondering how long people think it will take Anet to bring the professions back into line?
    And also any tips on WvW, PvP, for ranger would be nice. I like mostly power builds. Atm using longbow/shortbow crit/zeph swapping in WvW mainly
    Lvl - 80 ranger

may have to roll a thief >.>
    Yeah... Thieves are garbage compared to ranger... I mean c'mon poor bastards run into Melee going "lawlz ranger haz bow!" then I bust out sword and torch throw down bonfire and go "SURPRISE BITCH!!" and kill them before they get a heal off... Poor guys, I'm not even built for damage....

Wait? You don't think we can do damage? Let me guess.... You're using the "meta" of an axe/warhorn and a longbow? No? Longbow great sword with all your points in marksman and skirmishing? Oh oh!! Maybe it's a spirit master build or <insert any other build that ignores pet completely here>

In all reality profs seem really balanced wen the people driving them knows what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Well, the funny thing is that thieves and mesmers feel the same way ^^ Warriors an Guardians have some more armor, but they also die very quickly if not playing smart. The thing about being balanced is that nobody should feel too safe and too overpowered. Even on my Guardian tank build I have to be very careful in WvWvW — I can't just charge in or I will die.

Rangers are actually in a very good spot right now. They are very good both in ranged and melee, they are one of the most mobile professions in the game and they also have many good builds. Pets could use some tuning, but if played right, they do tons of damage and have good utility.
    Trust me... Pets don't need tuning, if they buff my pet anymore I'm going to be unstoppable.... When my pet can drop a tank guardian from full to half in the short amount of time it takes them to get me from downed ---> dead pre "tuning" god help you all afterwards...

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Really? Because I see top teams running them quite a bit. More than I see Rangers or Necros, for that matter.
    The top teams also think ranger condition burst uses an axe an warhorn, idk why the "top teams" running an ele means they're super good...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Takes more than ten minutes to get sufficiently good at any profession to accurately state whether it's overpowered, underpowered, or balanced, however. :P
    Well if after 10 minute you are scoring top in every single map with 250+ score, it doesn't take much more time to guess that a class is overpowered, or at least too easy to play

To judge that a class is balanced or underpowered takes a lot more time though

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    except every hotjoin pvp match is like 5 thieves and 3 warriors. Who cares if you are as durable as a caster. Try and survive 4 people spamming Heartseeker on you.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 05:28 PM ----------

L2move out of 100 blades. If you stand there and eat it you deserve to die.
    L2move. Heartseeker targets where you're standing when the thief hits the button- if you move at all it misses. If you stand perfectly still and eat it you deserve to die.

It's pretty exciting how everyone goes WARRIORS ARE OP, DAT DAMAGE when they're a two-hit wonder, which is eviscerate, which is easily dodgeable and hundred blades, which is also quite easily dodgeable.

Deleted
    Thieves are very strong, but also extremly easy to play, because of how their ressource system works, they don't need to weapon swap, they don't need to use anyting than autoattack/heartseeker.
    I weapon swap on my thief. Someone who just spams heartseeker is either a) dead very soon or b) fighting someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    L2Stun/Immobilize the enemy. If you let him get away, you deserve to do no damage.
    L2 slot a stun breaker in utility.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.