Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I heard there's Americans with hundreds of gold from various exploits, and they escaped the bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    I heard there's Americans with hundreds of gold from various exploits, and they escaped the bans.
    I see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    A guildie commented that cooking mats were soulbound now, but I can't attest to the veracity of that.
    Well that's a bummer. I could see making them a "price-less" item for vendors but no option to put them on the Trading Post? Hopefully they'll fix that fix.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 03:48 PM ----------

protip (ATTENTION MY FELLOW COMPLETIONISTS MOST OF ALL) that I didn't learn until ~level 60... zone completion rewards scale, so save 1 POI/Renown heart/WP and leave the zone at 99% to come back and finish it once you hit 80.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 03:49 PM ----------

Hate to pass along the bad news, but I waited until 80 before finishing any zones besides cities (where you get no gear as rewards anyway.) Each zone's gear rewards are capped to the level of the zone; i.e the 25-40 zone's rewards will be lvl 39-40. 1-15 will be 14-15, etc. so if you finish a zone at 10, youre missing out a bit, if you wait until 20, the rewards are a bit behind you but probably still good. also around 40 of a crafting mat of the right tier as gathered in that zone, loads of silver, and rarely a black lion key or some other random thing.

The silver alone is worth it thought; I was well behind the curve when I hit 80 (couldnt afford my lvl 60 traits book, 2 gold). partly due to some crafting, but mostly because I hadnt figured out a good system for what was good to vendor, or better to salvage. Personally I use White or Blue quality gets salvaged (including the little white non-gear), unless i want a sigil out of the green it goes to a vendor. obviously if youre short a mat for a tier it might be more worthwhile to salvage the green, but with the TP finally up... probably not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilynn View Post
    but with the TP finally up... probably not!
    Its up? Crap... And me stuck at work with PTA and Boy Scouts afterwards. Cough, cough, think I feel a cold suddenly coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its up? Crap... And me stuck at work with PTA and Boy Scouts afterwards. Cough, cough, think I feel a cold suddenly coming on.
    Yeah it was up last night...stole 2gold from me to power level artifice and tailoring. Curse you Trading Post!

Got 5 levels from it anyway....so I'm ok with that.

Deleted
    im sitting on 69g because i played the AH (before it got fixed).

15+ Year Old Account
    protip (ATTENTION MY FELLOW COMPLETIONISTS MOST OF ALL) that I didn't learn until ~level 60... zone completion rewards scale, so save 1 POI/Renown heart/WP and leave the zone at 99% to come back and finish it once you hit 80.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but this is 100% wrong. The zone rewards give you two items that are high quality and at the highest level for that zone. You'll get greens until zones that end in level 40 or higher. Once you hit zones that end in 70+ you start getting orange (exotic) items. But all items you get from this method will be within a couple of levels of the zone's max level.

OT: I've been looking up which runes are desirable and buying items with those runes in them that are posted for uber cheap. The ones that turn items into set items, such as "of might" and "of the traveler" sell pretty nicely, and people will often post items with these runes in them for next to nothing. I've bought some level 80 exotic "cleric" items with traveler and might runes in them for 30s, salvaged them, got the runes and sold for 1g, sold the exotic crafting materials I got for another 40s-80s.

What are people actually selling on the AH/TP to make gold? I was able to max out JC and LW with like 8 gold. So obviously tradeskill mats arent worth anything. Once you hit 80 and can farm high level mats and make orange or better gear is that when you start making gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    What are people actually selling on the AH/TP to make gold? I was able to max out JC and LW with like 8 gold. So obviously tradeskill mats arent worth anything. Once you hit 80 and can farm high level mats and make orange or better gear is that when you start making gold?
    I am only level 76 and about to enter my first 60+ zone, but I just sold pretty much all low level mats I had and don't need anymore, brought me around 1,5 - 2g. And I have many mats (like copper, linen or the infamours low level versions of claws and venom sacks) given away to friends before.

Also, since you can max out all professions on a single character if you like, I think crafting mats will play an important role for a long time. Later on besides equip which just looks badass I think jewels and other item enhancements like runes will probably be the big cash cow.

I don't think people can expect prices to go absurdly high like in wow. In gw 2 everyone can gather, thus the value of crafting mats/ crafted items will likely never be as high as some people expect. Combine this with the repair/ waypoints costs and I don't see much price inflation in this game. In fact, I think some of the prices will actually fall (like copper ore) in the near future. I believe they did a great job managing the game's economy (you will likely never end up paying stupidly high prices for lower level materials like in a certain other game, which IMO doesn't make sense).

Deleted
    I've been supplying everyone with money by being the generous man who purchases everyone's crap on the trading post.

Then I covered it up to look like an act of generosity, and not the act of laziness it actually was.

Sell your mats you don't need. I put on the Trading Post several items I knew I wasn't going to level for professions this morning and made a little over 2g when I got back tonight. With that money I was able to buy a new bank tab for 1g 60s (600 gems).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    I make it of stupid players. Normally trading stuff from alliance to horde. Example is say an epic on horde AH costs 3k to buy but its selling for 18k on ally AH i would buy it out trade it other sell and profit. I normally do this with mounts/pets also as you can have huge gains then.

I also have a few guilds level 25 that are "levelling guilds" ofc they have Guild repairs turned off and no one has access to the bank. I collect the money each week.
    Ironically in this post is that you aren't clever enough to check which forum you are posting :\
    And your avatar is kind of a giveaway.

OT: I use same method as I do in WoW, currently hogging up mats & waiting to see which one is in demand, then sell em while they're pricey. 'Buy low sell high' works as well for me pretty well too.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    I came after work when the madness cooled down, people are already sitting on 20+ gold, whereas I have 80 silver (lvl 60), any chance for me to do something? I can maybe invest gems into something if it helps. So what do you do now at the Trading Post?
    Events give a lot of currency, I hear!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually spent a few hours farming the other night, though I was mostly just 100%'ing the starting zones, and sold most of it in five minutes tonight. Making about a gold and a half in the process. So there are definitely ways to make gold in this game that don't require exploits.

made 4g with trading post.Bought gems for more char slots and today i made Another 2g.Only lvl 31

uhh im tempted to tell anyhoo ive made 5g so far off TP started with 2g im on 7g70s now....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm still struggling to find out what to do... :S

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Events give a lot of currency, I hear!
    Depends if you mean the event reward or loot from event mobs.

Event rewards are pitiful - 1.5s per event in level 70+ zones. Loot can sell for another 2s a piece, assuming you don't want to save it up for Mystic Forge.