Imp: Cauterize Master

I have played my lock as Affliction for PVP for years and always used my fel puppy, but with 5.0.4 it seems like survivability is a little more important so I was looking at the Imp: Cauterize Master and the healing that it can do. I have no data on this, but seems to help my survivability. Has anyone else tried this or ran any numbers on the healing and damage done by Imp vs Fel Puppy?

10+ Year Old Account
    This should give you an idea at least, it was simmed not long ago. http://simulationcraft.org/504/Pets_...ffliction.html

Healing is 1% per second for 12 seconds. Imp: Cauterize Master

10+ Year Old Account
    It heals for 12% of your total hp as stated in the tooltip.
    The damage of the two pets is almost the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can also heal yourself by glyphing your felpuppy's devour magic but Devour requires a buff that can be purged to work

in terms of survivability though, i feel like the Spell lock versus Singe Master balance outweighs the Devour Magic versus Cauterize Master blance. being able to interrupt or defensively dispel can really make or break specific fights.

The healing of Cauterize master is very small compared to other sources of healing.

Yeah, I've been running the imp for Singe Magic, at least in random play when I can't count on healer support. There's so much CC being thrown around now that having a free and auto-cast dispel is a huge boost. Though I probably will swap back to the observer when I'm back with my rated BG team and it's more important to be able to interrupt a healer.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2012-09-04 at 10:32 PM.

I think Cauterize Master is an excellent ability, both for soloing and PvP. But yeah, a dispell might be even more critical, especially in arenas. I guess it's supposed to be hard to choose between the two.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.