Page 1 of 2
LastLast

healbot or vuhdoo whats more recomended for a healer

what do u guys perfer between the 2

also who gets updated more.

For me Healbot was easier to set up and there's not anything from a healing standpoint I can't do with it, from my array of heals (pretty straight forward to setup) to dispelling anything I'm able to including custom spells (some of the more powerful functions, which can be a little more complicated to setup).

I haven't tried Vuhdoo in a while, but when I did, it appears to require more configuration right out of the box, at which point I just canned it and went back to Healbot.

I've never had a problem getting an updated Healbot on patch day, though I'm sure Vuhdoo can make the same claim.

Depends on w hether you prefer simplicity and you are OK accepting default, not so customizable settings and just use stuff out of the box. Or whether you want something you can customize in every possible way beginning with how it looks, what things are displayed and in what way and tons of other customizable stuff. Im the second type person and I just love to make my UI and its functionality adjusted ideally to how I want it to be.
    Hence my recommendation goes to VuhDo.
    And about updates - the Vuhdo author and maintainer is very responsive to users' suggestions and develops the addon according to feedback as well as there are tons of manuals and setup walkthroughs.
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2012-09-04 at 10:39 PM.

Healbot and VuhDo are honestly about equally customizable, healbot just requires less out of the box. You can easily adjust scale, colors, style, where frames are, if they're split into groups or all together, who is displayed, what is displayed, and how, it's just that most people don't bother since it works fairly well right when you set it up.

You can use either and you'd be fine. I used VuhDo on beta when Healbot didn't have a build working, and it was totally fine. You can really not go wrong with either as far as actual gameplay goes. Maybe you should install both and try them out and see which one is right for you. Everyone thinks differently and everyone has different aesthetic tastes so the only way for you to really know what will work for you is to try both.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-09-04 at 10:47 PM.

Vuhdo has direction, cluster and AoE. That alone beats Healbot.

I love VuhDo, for any class because of the buff bars.

With VuhDo you can make it easy to set up or play around with a lot of stuff. A lot of the spell effects such as HoTs are already implemented, but you can customize them to be a little more visible. Without customization they're usually small boxes. ❤

I love vuh'do - I use it for all my healers (I have at least one of each) - I also use it for my dps characters just because I like the way it looks, the buff bar is nice, and I can bind things like decurse to my mouse. It gets updated very frequently, and it's the type of addon that even though it might require a little work to set up the first time around it's easy to setup again for any other characters or if you want to make any changes to it.

Standard raid-frames with clique

It is clean, doesn't get in the way and simple to set up..

I personally used Healbot for a long time I was too stubborn to try Vuhdo. Once I did try Vuhdo I instantly liked it better, for whatever reason it just felt easier to me and was a better fit for me. I'd say try them both out, play with them both and see what one feels like a better fit for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me what advantages or disadvantages vuhdo has over grid?

I personally love Vuhdo, I found it so much easier to customize. Like others have said, the author of Vuhdo is very much involved with the community. He answers questions users may have and is always putting out updates/fixes when needed. He takes users suggestions and tries to work with them.

There are several videos from the healing community showing how to set up Vuhdo or there are several healers/players that have went through the trouble of making a detailed information page on their blog/website showing how to configure it.

Out of the box, it does show hots, etc. All you need to do is configure it to your liking. You can configure it to show the hot icons, timers on those icons, etc.
    There is even a layout style called "bit o grid", which essentially looks almost like grid.

You can use mouse over macros, have it able to proc on use trinkets...so much to do with it. You can use keybindings, modifiers. Everything is configured through Vuhdo's interface.

I know it might look daunting to try when you first install it, but I promise you, it really is very simple, especially if you take the time to read a walk through or watch a video.

I also use it on all my other non-healing toons. DPS need to innervate, yep, one click away. Auto Brez by just clicking the player frame. Even my pally tank uses it, I found it so much easier to configure my pally spells though vuhdo.

You can set it up to show threat, either by a bar, or the entire player's raid frame can be outlined in red threat. If I remember correctly, you can even have the threat shown as small arrows in red. You can change the colors of debuffs, move the debuff icon around. That's just off the top of my head. I can't begin to list everything Vuhdo offers, but it's well worth the time spent to configure it to your liking.

One of the best features I love about Vuhdo is the directional arrow. Let's say you need to rez someone that's out of range, the arrow in the center of that players frame will point to their direction.

You can change health bar colors, having it go from black for full health, to yellow for ok toss a heal, to red omg I need to heal that person. Or whatever colors you choose.
    Last edited by Madisyn; 2012-09-05 at 04:07 AM.

Grid. Been using it flawlessly for 4 years.

This question comes up every couple days, the answer is always the same. Healbot takes the least configuration, grid is medium, and vuhdo the most. There is no "best." They are all preferential. The thing about Vuhdo that most people don't like is the configuration, but you can make it do anything, it is updated extremely frequently. Vuhdo has a history of being able to do things really well that the others can't right out of the box, wrack on Sinestra for example. I haven't used Healbot recently, so I can't comment on that.

My preference: Vuhdo & mouseover macros
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-09-05 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    From my own expirience, and word from other healers:

Healbot is harder to configure to its full potential, but it's a great addon for sure! - I use this myself, and have done so as holy paladin through most of DS10 HC.

Vuhdoo is easier to configure, but still more than viable just aswell. My good friend used this while raiding with me, she was healing just fine with it.

It's a matter of personal preference, try out both if you have to - But my personal recommendation between the two would be Healbot, if you like mouseover macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisyn View Post
    have it able to proc on use trinkets...
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. VuhDo can proc on use trinkets? Please elaborate.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. VuhDo can proc on use trinkets? Please elaborate.
    Vuhdo has an option to auto-use On Use trinkets when casting a spell clicking on the Vuhdo grid (and possibly using the target=vuhdo macros; not sure).

Vuhdo, I love the private tank group for raids and bgs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdres View Post
    Vuhdo has an option to auto-use On Use trinkets when casting a spell clicking on the Vuhdo grid (and possibly using the target=vuhdo macros; not sure).
    Ah, interesting. I would usually just macro into the spell if I was going to do that, though.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Vuhdo.

healbot is, in comparison, just a meager excuse of a raidframe. Often enough you meet healers which can't make the correct choice of action because they lack vital information on a bossfight which can't be or is extremely hard to display whilst using healbot.