Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

IBM - Virtual Reality MMO - Sword Art Online: The Beginning - IT'S HAPPENING!

official site: http://www.vrmmo-project.jp/

While we don't know much about what the VR game will actually be like, it will come with at least one unique twist: players will be scanned to create a 3D model for their in-game avatar. The Beginning will also use some kind of motion control in place of a traditional game controller, letting you use your body to interact with the virtual world. The game looks to be in the early stages — the trailer primarily shows clips from the show and not the game, and features an old Oculus Rift DK2 headset.
    Can't believe it. Of course development will take awhile, but I didn't actually think this'd happen anytime soon.

The game as we know now will act essentially as if we're using a wII system with VR-Headset on. Using physical movement instead of controller. The extent of the physical movement required is not yet known.

Website references with more early speculation:

Last edited by Blitzo; 2016-02-25 at 09:35 PM. Reason: official site, information

Being in a virtual anime world sounds like a fucking nightmare to be honest.

I would be interested if it weren't for the anime. Nothing good can come of that.

The anime was shit. The manga was shit. The game is going to be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The anime was shit. The manga was shit. The game is going to be shit.
    Well, Justin Bieber is also shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Base the game on the world and all but keep the characters out of it. I'll keep my eyes on this since it might be a gate opening for future things like this.
    It's easier to find a thousand flaws in someone than to find one in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

to soon the technology is still in development and not ready for a vr mmo.

The googles are still to heavy ,expansive and the runtime is only around 6h.

Not to forget that most pc dont even have the hardware to support VR at the moment.

Well at least the world will get some valuable date for further projects.
    Last edited by Durandir; 2016-02-24 at 10:17 PM.

it's not full dive. it's a step in the right direction, but we need to go further.

It won't float. Ver few people have a computer that can run VR and even less people are willing to buy a new computer just to be able to play a game. They would have better luck waiting for a new generation console to do it in 5 years.

And that is looking past the horrible anime with one of the most unlike able main characters in the history of anime and a complete disinterest in any kind of story pacing.

I'll try it.....but I'll most likely stay away from trade chat and general chat as much as possible....dem weeaboos/otakus be trippin.

The gameplay for this game will most likely be shit

Imagine watching someone playing this in real life

Scan the player in as an avatar?

Prepare for waves of lanky or overweight people in the game...!

My mind and body are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

While this is destined to be an ambitious but ultimately disappointing first foray into the world of VR MMOs, it'll be a necessary stepping stone before future games pull off something similar a few years down the line.

Ten years from now we might be able to get excited about a good VR MMO coming out.

Ahhh, just like Pokemon GO people will be freaking out thinking this will be just like real life fantasy bullshit =/
    But hey! I'm glad they are starting from somewhere =D

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ahhh, just like Pokemon GO people will be freaking out thinking this will be just like real life fantasy bullshit =/
    But hey! I'm glad they are starting from somewhere =D
    Meh, I know this will be bad...I'll only try it so I can hear people in trade chat cry while I laugh playing legion!

I Might be evil...but I AM PART OF THE LEGION!

Everything has to start somewhere. If it takes off with early adapters, it's a good thing for gaming I'd say.
    "Look around you. We're all liars here, and every one of us is better than you" - PB

I'm not into the whole VR scene but I'm sure it'll be fun for those that enjoy it. Here are two pictures from their site, showing a few 3d assets. Sorry they're a little big.

SAO season 2 was shit and SAO 2 was shit season 1 of SAO 1 was good ......
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    SAO season 2 was shit and SAO 2 was shit season 1 of SAO 1 was good ......
    SAO 2 was awesome dude.