Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Don't think you've been on Kickstarter enough.
    Nah, he's right. Even though it's not really used that way, something like Kickstarter really should be getting used primarily for folks who have already produced something of note on their own, and it's an alternative to slobbing some publisher's knob for funding.

And man, fuck your avatar. Shit's making me fucking hungry.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Nah, he's right. Even though it's not really used that way, something like Kickstarter really should be getting used primarily for folks who have already produced something of note on their own, and it's an alternative to slobbing some publisher's knob for funding.

And man, fuck your avatar. Shit's making me fucking hungry.
    That's always been the point.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

i dont see how the combat is interesting, it seriously looks like they are fighting drunk.

Actually they look a lot like marionettes. I think this gives them a certain charm in their current state but I'm sure their movements will become more natural looking as the game progresses.

I wonder why they only chose 30 days. I'm sure they would've made it had they given the kickstarter 60 days to fill out.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I think if they work on improving their animations and combat system they will get a lot more attention and backing. It looks like they have a great engine but the most vital element, gameplay, is in too early of a development stage to inspire confidence in investors. I hope they stick with it because what they have created so far has great potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people watch the video all animations were made by someone with no animation experience, they one of the aims of the kickstarter is to get an animator involved.
    http://youtu.be/WqaRqih7Cuw about the combat an animations.

Deleted
    Sui Generis? More like So Generic.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If people watch the video all animations were made by someone with no animation experience, they one of the aims of the kickstarter is to get an animator involved.
    http://youtu.be/WqaRqih7Cuw about the combat an animations.
    Like I said, that just isn't enough to inspire confidence in investors. They should enlist the aid of an animator and then come back with videos of improved combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Sui Generis? More like So Generic.
    Actually it is quite unique, thus the name Sui Generis.

Rather than making their own RPG, they should instead spend all the kickstarter money on developing the engine further and offering it up to pre-existing game developers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Rather than making their own RPG, they should instead spend all the kickstarter money on developing the engine further and offering it up to pre-existing game developers.
    most of the stuff they use are already pre-built engine's... it really is weird that its 3rd person view with combat which is probably a hell of alot easier to do in first person. Id love to see some other developer pick up on the idea and go with it. They already have some obsidian devs interested / supporting the project so who knows

[Megathread] Kickstarters (Post all kickstarters here)

Since kickstarters are becoming more and more common, it's time to consolidate the discussion into one easy thread. Since these kickstarter games tend to be fairly small and obscure, their individual threads eventually get lost in the shuffle of more frequented posted-in topics. Having a single thread will end up helping you, the community, keep track of any kickstarters that may strike your fancy, and us, the moderation team, keep these forums lean and streamlined.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-11-17 at 11:07 PM.

I feel like it's going to get confusing when a bunch of people start talking about different topics in the same thread. And no one's really going to bother to look at the earlier pages (assuming this thread gets big) just to see Kickstarter projects they didn't see before. You'd also end up having someone asking something like "well what's the gameplay like" and someone would answer about another game.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-11-18 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I feel like it's going to get confusing when a bunch of people start talking about different topics in the same thread. And no one's really going to bother to look at the earlier pages (assuming this thread gets big) just to see Kickstarter projects they didn't see before. You'd also end up having someone asking something like "well what's the gameplay like" and someone would answer about another game.
    I would agree... Something like a sub-sub forum for this kind of thing might be a bit of a better idea?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    I would agree... Something like a sub-sub forum for this kind of thing might be a bit of a better idea?
    Second this. Maybe you could make a topic in the suggestion forum?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Second this. Maybe you could make a topic in the suggestion forum?
    That's not a bad idea. Post in the suggestions forum.

The way things were before... a thread would get a couple pages, die out, get lost in the old stuff, then a new one would get made two months later. Repeat. Now that kickstarters are more common, maybe these original threads would last, maybe we would just get a lot of duplicates. Maybe a [Kickstarter] format like we use with Megathreads would work, with a sticky directory. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how everyone is on card games and the such, but if you like to play them here's one I've been backing that looks really fun:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-game?ref=live

And here is PC game I backed too already funded, but something to keep an eye out for:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...story?ref=live
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt there will be subforum for kickstarters. MMO-Champion is not an alleyway for advertising, and most threads that are dedicated to advertising kickstarters for a particular game are usually closed anyhow

Megathread is your best option, and if the game really does have a lot of interest, it's own thread for discussion will be started soon enough anyhow
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Unforgotten quest

Unforgotten quest is an upcoming new game that Rurikar is planning on making. Rurikar is the creator of Jimmy the World of Warcraft Story and many other funny and entertaining videos including the hilarious video series Unforgotten Realms. Currently it is in the pledging stage and it still needs alot more people.

Unforgotten Quest is a game in which you go out into the world completely lost until you find a hidden cave in the back corner of a jungle that takes you deep into a mystical dungeon, where a giant Ogre swings a really slow club. If you don't get out of the way, you die, but if you do move out of the way while pressing buttons on your keyboard, you will slay the Ogre, loot his body, and receive an enchanted sword that's a lot worse then your enchanted hammer.

It's a game where there is no quest log for you to follow, but when you talk to villagers, they tell you about the nasty poisonous rats in the innkeeper's basement. He wants you to slay them, but when you go down into the basement, you end up in a long conversation with the King of the poison Rats. While enjoying some tea over a game of black jack, the King of Rats claims the innkeeper is a mean, old man and the rat will pay you double if you go back upstairs, slay the innkeeper instead and burn the entire town to the ground.

This is the kind of game where every time you are given multiple choices, there is no "good guy", "bad guy", or "neutral" choice. Only three random choices, where the game constantly skews the line between right, wrong, and insane. The kind of game where things you always wanted to do can be overdone, and where you can do it all with friends.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...orgotten-quest (for more info on the game and for pledging.
    Urealms.com (for Unforgotten Realms and other projects by Rurikar)
    Last edited by Demitorn; 2012-11-29 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Added alot more info
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear.* They can not fear."

been checking around the space sims out there, got a good few out at the minute.

Star Citizen - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen - made by Chris Roberts who made the Wing Commander series, it has finished its funding, but i thought id make you guys aware, as the game really looks awesome. it broke some crowdfunding records due to the kickstarter and a separate site getting a combined source pool of cash to the sum of about 6.5million dollars. something like that anyway, i at least know its over 6 mill.

Elite: Dangerous - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lite-dangerous - made by David Braben who made the original Elite on the BBC Micro and the Spectrum, still in the middle of funding for this one, but definitely shows some major promise, hoping to see more updates from him soon.

My personal favourite is Limit Theory - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ral-space-game - which is an indie game made by a stanford university student called Josh Parnell (fair play to the kid), he has successfully recieved the money for it, but its still shooting up towards the high pledge goals, he also has posted a fair bit of gameplay footage, and it just looks fucking sweet!

Anyway, thought id bring it to the megathread to show you guys incase anyone was interested. 2013/2014 is going to be big in terms of space sims.