Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Elite: Dangerous being made!

Im sure some of u r very interested to hear that the next Elite game is currently in development... 17 years after the last release!

After XCom recently got a makeover it look slike more classic games are being re-made, re-worked or re-invented. The thing with this game is its going to be multiplayer and theyre rather tight-lipped on exactly what form this will take. David Braben has simply made the point that with current technology they can finally make the game which gives the Elite universe its maximum potential.

Its being funded through Kickstarter so anyones welcome to pledge funding

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lite-dangerous

To anyone who doesnt understand Kickstarter, its a way of raising enough cash for any project u want to post up. The reason that alot of videogames are using this method of raising the budget for games is to avoid being tied into a publisher. As we all know Publishers end up owning pretty much all of the game rights which then can take a gaming franchise down a road that the game devs and programmers dont want it to go. Just think of Activision as the most famous publishers taking control of World of Warcraft for example. True game programmers these days r trying very hard to produce games without getting tied into publishers.

Lets hope this game gets made cos i for one look forward to a limitless universe with real atmosphere

~Ende~

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are there still people who need a detailed explanation of Kickstarter?

I saw this earlier in the week. I'm thinking about backing it, not sure. I already spent way too much on Star Citizen.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Are there still people who need a detailed explanation of Kickstarter?

I saw this earlier in the week. I'm thinking about backing it, not sure. I already spent way too much on Star Citizen.
    Star Citizen needed 2mill and got over 6mill so i think people can split their pledges and then we get 2 games right

For anyone interested in seeing another great sandbox MMO like old-school Star Wars Galaxies or Ultima Online, Pathfinder Online is sounding great! It's on Kickstarter now, and there's a dev blog out explaining in great detail all of the game systems. The way the beta stuff sounds on the main page makes it sound bad, but read the developer comments- it's really a beta in name only.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sy-sandbox-mmo

https://goblinworks.com/blog/index.html

Deleted
    Hi guys,

My name is Ashley and I work as a community support manager at Frontier. I thought I would sign up and make myself available to answer some questions for you, and hopefully help with any concerns some of you may currently have in relation to Elite: Dangerous. Obviously there are things that I won't be able to help you with, but I'll try to be as candid as possible with my replies!

Thanks, Ashley

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Ashley.

Why did you guys decide to lock away early game access/involvement (alpha, beta) in the higher pledge tiers? 50 British pounds is a lot to ask. That's $80US. Some people might say that if you're going to have a beta phase you might want to involve the people who helped you get there in the first place. Other Kickstarters extend that "benefit" to much lower pledge tiers. What's going on there?

Potential stretch goal?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

hello guys,

i hope alot of you out there also grew up with dungeon keeper 1 and 2 it was a amazing game back in the days.
    EA bought up the small company off bullfrog back in the days and they never continued the work for dungeon keeper 3

there are some guys that are going to do a remake of the concept, they trying to get the project running with kickstarter.

if you want to see this game become a success you can pledge there kickstarter

see the trailer of the game on youtube
    the game is called War of the overworld [ i cant post any links yet ]
    check out the kickstarter page and support plz

I feel like those Sui Generis people cheated. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...63/sui-generis I was following their progress the entire time just to see if they'd make it, and I think like a day or two before their deadline, they were still several ten thousand pounds behind. I have no idea how they did that unless they donated the rest of the money themselves.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I feel like those Sui Generis people cheated. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...63/sui-generis I was following their progress the entire time just to see if they'd make it, and I think like a day or two before their deadline, they were still several ten thousand pounds behind. I have no idea how they did that unless they donated the rest of the money themselves.
    Someone a bit more known person probably took a closer look at it and decided to spread the word.
    Happened for Maia too, as totalhalibut/biscuit decided to make a video about it and in couple of days it raised about 70k more, 40k above the goal.

Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-12-04 at 02:07 AM.

I literally only just found out about this game today since it releases, but it looks fun and it's only $20 bucks so I'll probably check it out.

Sitting on the fence wheter to buy it or not.

Curious how friendly the game is going to be for a casual player, and by casual I mean someone who'll play public with randoms and not team up.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Why would this game be any better simply because it's indie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I'm intrigued by this game but it's slightly too pricey for an impulse buy for me. I'll wait a bit to see how it goes first. A few years ago another game came out that tried to do something very similar, it was called Fury. It didn't last too long. I hope this one works out a bit better.

Deleted
    Certainly seems interesting, have to wait and see how it turns out.

Seems like the beta is still active, and to my surprise; free to register. Don't know if this is intended, so if you're quick you might get the chance at trying it out to see if it fits your boat.

Go here http://account.playforgewar.com/Login.aspx and register, then register your key with Steam and later redeem the key once again inside of the game.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    And indie developers save the day again!

I've heard of Forge through TB. Looks like a lot of fun.

However I'm not sure how it will support itself with a regular payment model, considering that it claims continuous content updates, not to mention the online nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    And indie developers save the day again!

I've heard of Forge through TB. Looks like a lot of fun.

However I'm not sure how it will support itself with a regular payment model, considering that it claims continuous content updates, not to mention the online nature.
    I would imagine with a cash shop. Cosmetic items will most likely be in there, but I don't want to speculate what else. I'd be surprised if it sold power in any way, but since I haven't read anything about their longterm business model, I can't really say.

Looks like it could potentially be really cool! I'll wait to see what some reviews look like, but I'll probably end up buying it.

Was gifted to me, and been playing it for the last three hours none-stop.

First of all, it's a rough product in the sense that there is very little polish. Adding to that, the game is also not done.

But before you go on red alert, game-play is there! What's missing are features. Currently, there is 'Quick Play' and 'Join Player' as the only options to get into a game. 'Quick Play' takes you to a random server, with a random game-type.

A lot of the menu options are greyed out because they have not yet been implemented. No friends list. No guild. A lot of the rewards for leveling up is completely absence. Some are still marked with 'No info yet available'. There is no vertical sync. You can re-bind keys, but I found myself unable to completely unbind a key.

Getting past all of this, I have enjoyed my experience immensely so far. Once you get a hang of what's going on in the game and your abilities, it is amazingly fun. Class customization is there, but you unlock it by leveling up, and so I don't have a lot of things I can change around as of yet.

Game-types I've done so far have been Team Deathmatch, Territorial Dominance, and Dominance CTF (think EotS with one tower).

A game lasts from anywhere between six and 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-12-04 at 11:20 PM.

Merged. Made a hot mess out of it too.