Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Last 3 days for Torment: Tides of Numenera if you were on the fence or hadn't heard of it yet I hope you decide to back it!

Concept Video of what they want to go with (This is not what their game will look like it is a prototype created in a weekend)

10+ Year Old Account
    Throwing http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin in here.

The games coming out regardless of the kickstarter, but if funded:

We want to put together a secondary design team, backed by extra programmers, artists, animators and testers. We want to make this team as large as we can.

The designers' mission will be to increase the amount of interesting things you can do in the world, as much as possible. The artists, animators, programmers and testers are needed to ensure that all the necessary assets and features to do this are present.

Now is a good time time for expanding our team because we have a very mature RPG editor and the more people we put on it, the more of our game engine's potential will be unleashed.

Our main interest is to increase the depth and diversity of the game. For instance, we want to guarantee that each quest has a meaningful choice/consequence mechanic. We want to ensure that where it makes sense, there are multiple ways to solve a quest. And when you move off the beaten path, no matter where, something interesting awaits you.

In practice this means that we will add

more choices and consequences
    more quests and puzzles
    more areas to explore and discover
    more npcs and creatures
    in places where we feel the interactions with the game world aren't interesting enough yet. Our ambition is to create a memorable experience for you, and we know that that's only possible if we offer you a very diverse, surprising and consistent game world. That takes a lot of time and effort, but it's what we love doing.

Should we exceed our target budget we can start thinking on implementing systems that affect the entire game and not just the game world. Features such as perks, more character customization, more party members with extensive backgrounds,more playable races,more game editor features, more levels of interactivity, more skill classes etc.
    Really looking forward to this.

Bumping this thread for Torment.

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/

The more we pledge the better it gets and only 24hrs left. It makes me excited to see a comeback of Classic Computer RPG's, and the more we fund them on sites like kickstarter the more quality products we'll get because of the passion of the people willing to do this projects.

Back Torment for the sake of RPG's.

Final chance to support the making of a proper old-school RPG. Torment KS has 7 hours left.

Deleted
    I'm so stoked for torment
    gief it now

10+ Year Old Account
    Divinity Original Sin passed the 400k mark, now working towards stretch goals.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin

Paypal now also an option
    http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/kickstart.php

Deleted
    So did you see the latest update from Project Eternity? Look gorgeous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUleDEFkUtE

My mind blew in an orgasmic fit when I saw that video.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Divergence: A real Hardcore MMORPG on IndieGoGo right now...

VvV Link to Fundraiser Below VvV
    http://igg.me/at/divergence/x/2960494

I found this a week or two ago and have been watching the kickstarter indiegogo toiling over if, and how much, I should donate. It's definitely going to hit its very modest goal and though it looks real bare bones and dated graphically I'm tempted to take a chance on it solely based on the purposed mechanics. No rules pvp, perma-death, player housing, and a malleable world are basically all I ever want from an mmo. What do you guys think?

$100 for 1 temporary overpowered toon in an indie game made by some random dude is ridiculous. So why am I still considering it?
    Last edited by crosscoastgaming; 2013-04-10 at 02:49 PM.

As i would need to dig deeper and google stuff to give you a good answer i wont answer this.
    You could have given some more info for those lazy guys like me.

Deleted
    The fact that he even wants to make stronger characters for people who pay makes me believe this game won't be any good, even if it's just temporary. It sounds like another EVE with permanent death, which is a shitty concept for MMO's imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    As i would need to dig deeper and google stuff to give you a good answer i wont answer this.
    You could have given some more info for those lazy guys like me.
    The link to the fundraiser is right in my post. Go there to find more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    The fact that he even wants to make stronger characters for people who pay makes me believe this game won't be any good, even if it's just temporary. It sounds like another EVE with permanent death, which is a shitty concept for MMO's imo.
    Eve is a point and click movement with spaceships how is that anything like an RPG with real time movement and physics? At any rate people like you are the majority and the reason why more hardcore games like this don't exist. But with the overwhelming success of the dayz mod and the mounting interest around the standalone I hope more games like this materialize as there is certainly a market out there for them.

Read "Open PVP everywhere" in the mission statement.

This will not be a successful project.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Read "Open PVP everywhere" in the mission statement.

This will not be a successful project.
    Haven't you people ever played on a Hardcore PvP Minecraft server? That is some intense fun and pvp in minecraft is terrible. Imagine perma-death in a game with combat mechanics tailor made for competitive play.

I never played Minecraft, no.

But I do think this project is too niche without any brand or prestigious developer behind it for crowd funding. Very likely this will not see the light of day or will fade into obscurity.

Guys, this person created 6 or 7 threads of which only 2 are currently still open. It seems he's mostly trying to get views based on catchy thread titles. Isn't this just another referral link? Since the actual link to the fundraiser is: http://igg.me/at/divergence and not http://igg.me/at/divergence/x/2960494.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I never played Minecraft, no.

But I do think this project is too niche without any brand or prestigious developer behind it for crowd funding. Very likely this will not see the light of day or will fade into obscurity.
    I mean it's going to be funded by the end of the week. So if you are saying they won't raise the last 1500 in 13 days your nuts. If instead your talking about the developer taking the money and a game never materializing then I agree there's always a chance of that with these types of things. I did check his youtube channel out and he has a number of videos about the game but who knows, 15,000 does not an mmo budget make. I played it safe and threw money at Richard Garriot's shroud of the avatar game instead since that's somewhat in the same vein as this and guaranteed to come out. You know you can always trust a cosmonaut with a rat tail.

How can they build an MMO with $15,000? That doesn't even pay one full-time salary. Some guy's part-time project?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervacious View Post
    How can they build an MMO with $15,000? That doesn't even pay one full-time salary. Some guy's part-time project?
    It's an Indie game. Amazing what it costs to make a game without paying full-time workers, marketing costs, branding, etc. We also don't know what funding they currently have. $15,000 could pay for a lot of good, professional software.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    My mind blew in an orgasmic fit when I saw that video.
    Mine too. I can't wait for this game.