Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Quoting old post, but whatever. Im just so bucking happy that torment met EVERY. SINGLE. STRETCHGOAL... As well as grabbing the titles of "quickest kickstarter to $1m" AND "most funded video game kickstarter ever". There is not a word in english dictionary that describes the levels of excitement that i have for this game, so i will just have to invent one. Gasdrunkle. That is how excited i am.

That, and dreamfall. Dreamfall, torment, dark souls 2, beyond:two souls - dont think i want and/or need anything else ^^
    Whoa whoa tone it down if you get too excited you will end up disapp.. oh who am I kidding?!

WOOOOH HOOO TORMENT! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Hex!

Crytpozoic, the creators of the WoW TCG, and a lot of other cool board games/card games are making their very own TCG MMO, it looks pretty awesome, but their kickstarter video is too funny to pass up :P

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ding-card-game

There is another thread for Kickstarters and I imagine this will be removed to there by a mod shortly. This video was pretty funny though, I had to toss something their way for that alone.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

apologies, I didn't see the kickstarter megathread :V

[Megathread] Fabled Vale

I recently came across a start-up for a game in the works called Fabled Vale. It looks very interesting to me with a older feel of past games mixed with modern new technology concepts. So I figured Why not share it with the community.

The game has multiple classes.

A Unique feature no other game I have came across has with a program called Newtbot, it allows you to collect minerals and resources for crafting.

Everyone should check it out at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fabled-vale?c=home and support a future mmo.

Deleted
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...45/stonehearth

Another very intriguing sandbox, still pondering if I should pledge or not.

Oh it was posted on previous page, oh well. :P
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-05-16 at 06:57 AM.

It looks great, reminds me of the RTS games I played as a kid with even more depth to the tech trees etc.

Deleted
    http://www.darkwoodgame.com/
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darkwood

A game that needs help, lots of potential to be awesome. Shame though that multiplayer is a $170k perk, because that is where the game would really shine.

Edit: Not a kickstarter (indiegogo) but I think it fits here just fine. :P

Also, 4 days left on Stonehearth. $496,756 pledged of $120,000 goal. Next goal is Upgraded Musical Score at $550k.
    Upgraded Musical Score: The Japanese RPGs from which Stonehearth draws its artistic inspiration were as much defined by their soundtrack as their visual style. Help us draw on the talent of a variety of professional musicians to create an enticing score that will stand up to a decade’s worth of play.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-05-25 at 02:26 PM.

Armikrog - Adventure Game from Doug TenNapel and the creators of The Neverhood

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

Just heard about this Kickstarter and got super excited. Loved both Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood, and what they've shown on their Kickstarter page looks amazing so far. If they can make a high res modern Neverhoodesque game (certainly looks like it so far!), I will be incredibly happy.

Anyone else excited for this, or was The Neverhood a bit too obscure for most people to remember it?

Awesome! The Neverhood was a great little adventure game with a sense of humor. The claymation and presentation of the game was quite good, and it has one of the most bizzare soundtracks ever.

The guy who did the last soundtrack will be back for this game too. I still get some of the old tracks stuck in my head sometimes, like:

Also, $182,221 pledged of their $900,000 goal now with 28 days to go. Really hope they get tons more than they hoped for and can make an even better experience than they planned!

Wow... a spiritual successor to Claymen? Never thought I'd see the day!

Now, if they can just get Joe-head-joe back as a Boss! :P

Can anyone explain to me the logic of merging my thread with this dead one? There's still the same number of active threads on the forum, one, so it's not clearing up any clutter. All it has done is made it so that no one is going to bother coming into this one as it's completely generic Kickstarter crap, where posts are all about different games, and there's no organisation. One thread, about one game, where it was obvious from the title what it contained so interested parties could actually find it made much more sense, which is exactly how it works for every other game.

Why does this "Megathread" even exist? It makes talking about anything that just happens to be on Kickstarter completely impractical. I doubt many people specifically seek out Kickstarter games to back, and if they did, they'd just go to Kickstarter.com and look at what's around, not try and wade through some un-organised thread with outdated info, hoping someone happened to post about an interesting one.

There are many situations where merging threads with megathreads is more than silly and has killed conversation rather than contained it. It's nice idea but at times mod push it too aggressively.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Almost $250k out of $900k needed for Armikrog with 28 days left to go!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

How are you guys finding out about these kickstarters? Do you have to go to the kickstarter website or are there ads for these things? News websites? Didn't have a clue there was another "neverhood" like game coming out! I loved that game though it was hard as hell... I'll never forget the hamster scene lol

Deleted
    Double Fine's new Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...assive-chalice

MASSIVE CHALICE is a single player turn-based tactics game within a multi-generational strategy campaign built for replayability.

As an immortal King or Queen, you must unite your kingdom under a powerful dynasty, eliminate the demonic threat, and reforge the MASSIVE CHALICE!

The game is structured into two main layers: strategy and tactics. In the strategy layer, you oversee your kingdom, arrange royal marriages, conduct research, and make the far-reaching decisions that will determine the fate of your legacy.

In the tactics layer, you fight brutal turn-based battles to defend your kingdom using small squads of customizable heroes.

Permadeath is inevitable: your heroes will grow, age, and eventually die. You'll have to choose between keeping your favorite heroes on the battlefield or retiring them from combat to foster a new generation of warriors.

Drawing from roguelikes we love, content is modular and randomized. Each playthrough begins with a random assortment of male and female heroes from various bloodlines, guaranteeing that each game is unique. Your knowledge and skill will increase over multiple playthroughs, but the details of every game will change based on your decisions and the whims of fate.
    ETA: September 2014. Want. Now.

Armikrog is up to $354,372 out of $900,000, and Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE is up to $598,129 of $725,000, both with 26 days to go!

Deleted
    Screw you guys, turn based strategy is my bloody weakness. Instant pledge on chalice >.<

Meanwhile, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...hon-platformer has reached double its original goal in just a few days, is nice
    Platformer with hilarious themes and inspired by old N64 games.

Indiegogo campaign

Hi there. I just wanna leave a quick reply here. I'm 17 years old programmer from Serbia , and i currently work for Wolt Studios. I have formed this game developing studio in WoW a year ago , but we have gathered the last members in last few months and started working on indie games. Our first indie game is up on indiegogo , tho the game footage is in early alpha , the game looks better already. Video updates incoming soon. Even sharing would mean alooot to me , and if you donate you have a big thanks from me.

The game is on Indiegogo.com , and the title is The Great Chase.