Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Lithic, new RTS/God-game with bits of RPG tossed in.

Hey folks, being totally transparent here: Myself and a friend formed a gamedev company a while back and we're currently working on a game called Lithic. It's doing well on Greenlight (nearly in the top 100) and we've just launched a Kickstarter to get the last bit of money we need. I'd like to ask what you guys think of it? This is really the only forum I'm an active member of, and whilst we have a great marketing person, I'd quite like to get some more general feedback from MMO-Champ. The Greenlight can be found here and if you'd like to check the kickstarter, a link is on the Greenlight page, I don't want to ram links down peoples throats.

The team currently consists of 2 generalists, a world builder, 2 part time staff (3D artist and sound designer) and a full time marketing/Commuinity manager. So we're a very small team trying to make a pretty damn big game.

I checked the forum rules before I posted this and whilst I didn't see anything that would make this post against them, I'd like to apologise if it is in violation.

I only watched the one video... Looks fairly promising, and for a 6 man team the graphics, animals, and such seem fairly well done. I personally like the idea of playing in a prehistoric / cave-man / early human kind of world, not many games like that out there from what I can recall. I wouldn't want to see this game as a traditional RPG though. Not exactly sure what kind of gameplay would be best. I wish you and your team the best of luck with the game.

Deleted
    looks interesting, but yeh i do think self advertisement is a no go. Also i do believe there is a topic somewhere for kickstarter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I only watched the one video... Looks fairly promising, and for a 6 man team the graphics, animals, and such seem fairly well done. I personally like the idea of playing in a prehistoric / cave-man / early human kind of world, not many games like that out there from what I can recall. I wouldn't want to see this game as a traditional RPG though. Not exactly sure what kind of gameplay would be best. I wish you and your team the best of luck with the game.
    Thanks for the kind words, the RPG elements tie to each character, giving them differing stat lines, skills and personalities. That's the main thing we take away from RPGs, I wouldn't say we've gone for a traditional RPG. I'd say it plays more like a cross between Black and White and settlers/early civ games. If you have any further question s don't hesitate to ask.

looks interesting, but yeh i do think self advertisement is a no go. Also i do believe there is a topic somewhere for kickstarter
    Ah, in that case I apologise. I couldn't see it in the rules. upon searching I found a Kickstarter megathread (last post 2 months ago!) - I'll ask a mod to merge this there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory bump after merge. Looks promising Jonticus, I hope you get the funding you need.

Let's also not forget the Shenmue 3 kickstarter guys. Start getting that total up! Stat!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Looks promising Jonticus, I hope you get the funding you need.
    Thanks Aiko, it's going pretty well at the moment. I'll drop a direct link to the kickstarter so that people don't have to go through Steam.
    Last edited by mmocf45e30c4c7; 2015-06-26 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Are there still people who need a detailed explanation of Kickstarter?

I saw this earlier in the week. I'm thinking about backing it, not sure. I already spent way too much on Star Citizen.
    The problem with Kickstarter is that it has a diverse set of offerings. The point is that you have an idea and then you seek funding to make that idea a reality. This is fine for almost anything except video games. The problem with computer games on Kickstarter is that any tom-dick-harry can have an idea for a video game, but they are intensely difficult to make and require real technical skills and there are engines ( Unity, Unreal) that are very easy to use and fake a game.

Some of the visual stuff you see in these videos you can do in a few hours with free engines.. and the average kickstarter backer would think those people had done months and months of work. ( see Greedmonger and Trials of Ascension), yet those games are not even 1% of the way finished.

Unless the person has a track record of already making and launching games, avoid donating to their kickstarter until they have a playable demo that YOU can play. Another note.... it is a myth that it takes a lot of money to make a video game. If you are doing it yourself or with friends.. it takes no money to get most things done. if a team has the work ethic required to make a game, then they can easily make a playable demo without any money using placeholder art. And basically any game that is showing you some graphics and website, asking for money, but is not showing any real gameplay is trying to con you. Powerful game engines are free, there is no reason not to have all the systems in place using placeholder art BEFORE you need money.

Deleted
    Seems like this thread is rather dead, but these guys have had little coverage and I'd like to see this succeed, so a necro is in order (I get the impression that making separate threads for kickstarters is verboten):

Kickstarter Link

We’re so excited to be back on Kickstarter with our new game, Copper Dreams! It's an isometric, party-based, turn-based, pen-and-paper-inspired game in a dystopian cyberpunk setting. Think an isometric Escape from New York, or Deus Ex.

As an Agent of Asset Inquiries that syndicates hire to gather items, intel and citizens of value, you'll often be put through sensitive situations not to win but to minimize your level of failure and tackle conflicts with clever stealth (or lots of bullets).

Our previous successful Kickstarter, Serpent in the Staglands, featured a no-handholding philosophy, an open world, and challenging puzzles. We got a lot of great feedback and learned a lot from the experience, and have moved forward with a new RPG we think you'll love with even more systems and mechanics to support this gameplay style.

Copper Dreams emphasizes the adventures that happen between quests and narrative events, which can be just as fun, unexpected and dangerous. To enable this, the player will traverse a cyberpunk world while scaling buildings, taking part in turn-based combat between humans, robots and many other types of foes, all while managing their character’s health through a detailed system of physical ailments.

Players have many tools to help them succeed in their missions. The player can engage in espionage gathering, modifying and upgrading weapons and disabling or killing enemies by targeting specific body parts. To do this justice we've designed a ruleset from the ground up we call the Burning Candle to work with all these mechanics.

Much, much more here
    33k out of 40k so far, with 5 days left.

Blood of November (Legends of Eisenwald)

Aterdux Entertainment is an indie developer team I've been following since their Steam EA stage for their Legends of Eisenwald game.

They have always been very tight in their funding aspect, but still have delivered a very good, but sadly underappreciated hex-based and turn-based game, à la Disciples 2 or Expeditions: Conquistador. Right now they're looking for funding to produce more content for Legends of Eisenwald, in the form of a standalone expansion. I would love to see it done and Aterdux getting the credit they deserve for the hard work and the quality they put into the game.

(...) We considered where we wanted to take the Eisenwald experience following on from Legends of Eisenwald and we decided that the sandbox route might suit our style of gameplay best. This will give the player an opportunity to experience the world of Eisenwald from a new angle, but still enjoy an old-school adventure in a standalone form. It’s also a great option for players scared off by the hefty 50 hours that was in Legends of Eisenwald. No prior knowledge of Eisenwald is required to get the full experience in Blood of November. (...)
    Here's the link to the kickstarter itself:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description

Deleted
    One of my favourite games, AI War, is having a kickstarter for a sequel!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ar-ii/comments

Arcen games is an amazing publisher (read their recent AMA on reddit, they're so open about everything which is great to read), and I really hope this one gets funded.