1. #1

    Warrior or DK in MoP

    So guys my question is what is better in MoP (In your opinion) for PvP (Include PvE if you like) and state reasons why if you could would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Zethus

  2. #2
    Noone can decide this for you, It's personal preference.

    Try both and go with which ever you prefer, both are in a good spot currently.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Noone can decide this for you, It's personal preference.

    Try both and go with which ever you prefer, both are in a good spot currently.
    Got both at 85 with mostly full cata yer they are both doing good so hard to decide, but warriors new move move and talents to look better IMO

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethus18 View Post
    Got both at 85 with mostly full cata yer they are both doing good so hard to decide, but warriors new move move and talents to look better IMO
    I think from a purely survivability point of view DK will win hands down. Warriors are getting nerfed every new build on the beta. Second Wind was nerfed pretty heavily so was Dragon's Roar.

    DKs kinda lack in the talent department in the early tiers. Most of their spells are old. Warriors on the other hand get a lot of new abilities to choose from.

    Secondly Warriors always require a healer if they are to come good. It again depends what kind of playstyle you prefer. Frost DKs and Warriors share a very similar playstyle. An engaging one with a lot of procs. However, Frost is too simpilized. Same can be said about Warriors, actually I wouldn't really see much difference between those 2 today. Warriors generate rage from attacks and then spend them using other attacks. Not that different from DKs.

    But if you are purely looking at it for Random BGs, RBGS, Arenas I would probably chose a Death Knight. Unholy Deathknight have a lot of control if not more than most classes out there. They can lock down healers and pretty much do a good job in putting out damage. As a Warrior you will not get a spot in a RBG team. Arena will also be tricky in getting the right comp. Even Paladins have got a snare and are at a better place than they were during Cataclysm.

    However, if you are wondering which is more "fun", Warriors hands down. I am actually a few years too late to level a warrior cause I love no other class than my Paladin, and I did recently get into a Warrior as an alt with the down time; Warriors are a lot of fun with a 12 sec CD on charge.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I think from a purely survivability point of view DK will win hands down. Warriors are getting nerfed every new build on the beta. Second Wind was nerfed pretty heavily so was Dragon's Roar.

    DKs kinda lack in the talent department in the early tiers. Most of their spells are old. Warriors on the other hand get a lot of new abilities to choose from.

    Secondly Warriors always require a healer if they are to come good. It again depends what kind of playstyle you prefer. Frost DKs and Warriors share a very similar playstyle. An engaging one with a lot of procs. However, Frost is too simpilized. Same can be said about Warriors, actually I wouldn't really see much difference between those 2 today. Warriors generate rage from attacks and then spend them using other attacks. Not that different from DKs.

    But if you are purely looking at it for Random BGs, RBGS, Arenas I would probably chose a Death Knight. Unholy Deathknight have a lot of control if not more than most classes out there. They can lock down healers and pretty much do a good job in putting out damage. As a Warrior you will not get a spot in a RBG team. Arena will also be tricky in getting the right comp. Even Paladins have got a snare and are at a better place than they were during Cataclysm.

    However, if you are wondering which is more "fun", Warriors hands down. I am actually a few years too late to level a warrior cause I love no other class than my Paladin, and I did recently get into a Warrior as an alt with the down time; Warriors are a lot of fun with a 12 sec CD on charge.
    Thanks for the reply man, I do agree with warrior being more fun to play but to me Frost DK do more damage and Unholy DK have good survivability and pretty hard to not be attacked by them cause of pet and death coil. So far I am going to make DK my main but I will definitional still play warrior.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    277
    I haven't played either in any meaningful way since 5.0.4 was released, however I can pass along my experience from past expansions. The classes that change the most also see the most adjustments once it goes live. This comes with ups and downs but always involves change and sometimes dealing with the changes frustrate people.

    I have taken the time to talent both and re-glyph them in preparation for the grind to 90 and the DKs don't seem to have changed much. Warriors got some new stuff so it may take a bit of adjusting once we all get to 90 and get some feedback in. I've played every class in PvP at the level cap and I enjoy them all for different reasons. And a well-played class will beat a lesser-played class. Pick the one you "get" and you also like to play and go for it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •