What Spec Are You Leveling As on The Beta? (Rogue)

First of all I don't know whether this topic should be here or in the MoP seqtion. I assume it fits in both.

Anyhow, I was wonder what you guys found the fastest leveling spec on the beta to be. Because atm I'd have to say it's assassination for me. Combat I haven't really bothered playing more than a few hours cus I dont see how it would be better in any way, but between Assa and Sub I think I prefer Assa.

Anyone share this opinion, anyone disagree?

With the current gear I'm in, BiS in every slot apart from one, everything dies quickly in any spec abviously. BUT, I find the fact that you rarely get to use backstab while questing rather annoying and that's what makes sub not as good as assa. With assa it's one free mutilate, mutilate, (normally one free dispatch proccs here), one envenom and then one dispatch" and it's dead. If not even faster.

With sub it would be "free Ambush, hemo hemo evisc hemo hemo hemo" and it's dead, or something like that atleast.

Not to mention the fact that with Assas spec you basically keep SnD up for the entire "quest area" once you started on a quest. Also a plus for that spec.

On the other hand, I rarely/never use Vendetta while leveling, but Shadow Dance on the other hand could come in handy at some points where u just wanna nuke one creep down in notime with Cheap Shot and ambushes.

Share your thoughts on this matter please.

Take care, Muckey.
    Last edited by Muckey; 2012-09-04 at 11:00 PM.

In that gear, wouldn't Sub with CS -> Backstabx3 -> Evis mostly kill a mob without it even activating? While I know you can ambust for more up front damage, perhaps alot of backstabs make up for it. Also glyph of CS gives you one extra second to backstab in the stun. Atleast everything is dying in Twilight Highlands this way, and that's in regular green levelling gear. I haven't actually leveled on beta, just dicked around a bit with 85 premades. Take it for what it is

Well I think they're all pretty much the same, and knowledge of your particular spec is going to be the difference between the three. I know Assa inside out, so that just makes sense to play that spec to level up.

I know stereotypically combat is the best way to go with it's ability to control multiple mobs at once better than any spec but it seems that with the improvements to all defensive CD's, our new AoE and of course stealth hopefully giving us the advantage of not having to vs any greater than two mobs at once, all seem pretty viable now.

To reiterate, Assassination for me, it's quick, especially now with Dispatch to kill enemies fast, but I don't see any other spec being at a disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were a couple of lively discussions on this topic already; one thread had a similar name, and the other was about speed-leveling and should still be on the front page. I'm not sure where, but we even had a spec-specific talent/glyph discussion of soloing 4.5M HP mobs at 90 based on whether or not they can be stunned. I'll see if I can dig that up...

Edit: (click on the >> next to Tekloth's name to head to the thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    I did my own speed leveling back at WotLK with realm 1st alliance, 2nd rogue, 3rd overall 80. These days I don't have time for it anymore but I wish all of you good luck in taking up the competition!

Oh, btw. Some leveling builds:

Combat: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!01110.!XRmNML
    Switch Recuperate around with Sprint when you need speed, and use Recuperate when you're in a situation where you need more healing.

Assassination: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!01110.!XQOmNL

Subtlety: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!01110.!XQOmNL

Tough mob solo builds:
    Stunnable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!11100.!XdeOmN
    Subterfuge+Pray on the Weak for CS+Ambush/+Garrote starter

Not stunnable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!02102.!XdeOmN
    Not sure if Subterfuge would be better than Nightstalker here as well. It has its own obvious benefit of getting a free hit on the mob with an extra Ambush or Garrote.

Note that at level 90, it's possible to solo those 4.5M HP rare mobs without using any special specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lvl'd in beta, to come to the point of not purchasing MoP
    Happy on a Classic Realm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Muckey View Post

Not to mention the fact that with Assas spec you basically keep SnD up for the entire "quest area" once you started on a quest. Also a plus for that spec.
    Any spec has that now and recup with Deadly Momentum glyph. But its hard for me to say what would be best when I lvl'd in beta the glyph wasn't there no dmg buffs were there on ss, mutilate, dispatch, evis, or envenom, killing spree etc. Every spec hit like a kitten, anyway sub is probably the best until 88ish when alll your crit and mastery are gone.

Sub with current gear means Ambush-Eviscerate any mob, but it will be punished a lot by stat decaying while leveling up.

I'd take assa because of no more positional requirements, great CP generation and with Shadow Focus you'll get a free Garrote for every mob (so energy buff and poison ticks). Deadly momentum glyph shouldn't even needed - if you like to roll recuperate is fine, but i grinded my way to 90 without it and having no problems.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.