Ok, so the pre-launch has been going for 3 days now and you've all had some experience with the game and made some mistakes others need not repeat.
So what tips and cues can you share with your fellow gamers that might improve their gaming experience?
I'll start with:
1. Purchase your gathering items asap. That's a pick, an axe and a sickle that only cost a few copper and allow you to loot resource nodes.
2. There's an option "melee targeting assistance" or similar that prohibits you from walking through enemies. It might be better to turn it off, depending on your preference.
3. Type in "/wiki" to open the GW2 wiki.
4. When playing on a foreign client you can instantly translate any game-text into English by pressing the right Ctrl button.
5. You can edit your own music into the game and have it play during different times as explained here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._music_in_gw2/