Thread: Upgrade advice.

Deleted

Upgrade advice.

Been meaning to upgrade my PC for quite some time and needed some information. Note that my main and only concern is World of Warcraft.

Current setup:

Processor: i7 870 2.93 GHZ

Ram: 4 GB (corsair)

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 series

Motherboard: ASUS - P7 P55D

PSU:Cooler Master 650W.

So i was thinking of upgrading my Graphics Card to an ATI Radeon 7850 and replacing my ram with 8gb ddr corsair vengeance. Will the above to the trick for high performance in WOW? Plus will i also have to replace my PSU in case i go ahead with those changes?

Feel free to make other suggestions which will cost me more or less the same or i suppose not much more than the above.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deepack View Post
    Been meaning to upgrade my PC for quite some time and needed some information. Note that my main and only concern is World of Warcraft.

Current setup:

Processor: i7 870 2.93 GHZ

Ram: 4 GB (corsair)

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 series

Motherboard: ASUS - P7 P55D

PSU:Cooler Master 650W.

So i was thinking of upgrading my Graphics Card to an ATI Radeon 7850 and replacing my ram with 8gb ddr corsair vengeance. Will the above to the trick for high performance in WOW? Plus will i also have to replace my PSU in case i go ahead with those changes?

Feel free to make other suggestions which will cost me more or less the same or i suppose not much more than the above.
    Thanks
    I'd say to hold off on upgrading your processor until Haswell (Intel's next generation) releases. You would see an increase going to their current gen i5/i7 line, but your current processor should be able to handle MoP relatively well.

Your correct in assuming your 5770 is the weak point. It's definitely no longer up to task for maxing settings in the new MoP content. A 7850 will definitely be able to do the trick, no doubt about it. It should also more than likely last you all through the expansion -after- MoP. Also, your PSU is more than enough. A 7850 only consumes 95w~ under full load.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    thanks for the swift and constructive reply. Just one more thing, is there a certain brand/size of RAM i should be aiming at? Specific examples would be much appreciated.

Price wise G Skill Ripjaws are the best bang for your buck reliability wise. I'd also suggest making sure they run at 1.5v simply for compatibility reasons. An 8GB kit should run you around $35-40 USD or 40~ Euros.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics