Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    How do you attack multiple times on turn 2?
    Oops, misread. Thought it said "when enchanted creature attacks put three +1/+1 counters on it."
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Looks like enchantment creatures are coming back in Theros, the gods may be legendary enchantment creatures, and their equipment, if they print them, could even possibly read "Legendary Enchantment Artifact - Equipment", although that last part may be a little too much.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Looks like enchantment creatures are coming back in Theros, the gods may be legendary enchantment creatures, and their equipment, if they print them, could even possibly read "Legendary Enchantment Artifact - Equipment", although that last part may be a little too much.
    I think the gods might be enchantment creatures, or at least Saga-style enchantments (Hidden herd for example). I would love actual enchantment creatures, though. Would be fun

Also, the artwork for theros is AMAZING!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all well and good flavor-wise, but I see no gameplay benefits for a creature also being an enchantment. If anything, it's a drawback, due to vulnerabilities to things like Disenchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's all well and good flavor-wise, but I see no gameplay benefits for a creature also being an enchantment. If anything, it's a drawback, due to vulnerabilities to things like Disenchant.
    The same could be said for artifact creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

And the weapons are indeed enchantments and artifacts, it is seen in the FNM poster. It is at the very bottom of the poster.

Bident of Thassa
    Legendary Enchantment Artifact
    Whenever a creature you control deals damage to a player, you may draw a card.
    , : Creatures your opponents control attack this turn if able.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-08-22 at 02:52 AM.

Got some minor spoilers for Theros.

Some Teasers from Theros

Let me start by reminding you all that I am only giving you partial information. Everything I'm saying is true but I might be leaving a few things out.

Here are some things you can expect from Theros:

- A 3/3 with three abilities that uses fate counters
    - Multiple cards with the word "nongorgon"
    - A high-profile cycle of legendary permanents that are not creatures or lands
    - A rare card with five words of rules text in which one of the words is "planeswalker"
    - An artifact creature that appears to be a big horse made out of wood
    - A 5/5 giant snake that can be cast for gg
    - A multicolor Minotaur lord
    - A card that could have been in Modern Masters
    - A giant that brings fire to humans
    - A creature with a saboteur ability (it has an effect if the creature deals combat damage to an opponent) which is one of the Power Nine

Here are a few names of cards you will see:

Anger of the Gods
    Chained to the Rocks
    Lost in a Labyrinth
    Rescue from the Underworld
    Underworld Cereberus
    Witch's Eye

Finally, here are some of the creatures you're going to see (note that not all of these are creature types and is only a partial list):

Catoblepas
    Chimera
    Cyclops
    Harpy
    Hippocamp
    Hundred-Handed One
    Kraken
    Nymph (Alseid, Dryad, Lampad, Naiad, and Oread)
    Pegasus
    Satyr
    Siren
    Triton

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if they are planning on releasing any new cards with recent abilities like battalion, extort, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Anyone know if they are planning on releasing any new cards with recent abilities like battalion, extort, etc?
    Core sets always have a chance to bring back abilities we haven't seen in a long while, they have done this with Scry, Bloodthirst, and Exalted, but I don't think they will be doing any of the RTR mechanics so soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    They said they will likely use those for later sets, but don't expect that anytime soon.

- A card that could have been in Modern Masters
    thoughtseize???

might be the time to sell mine, don't even use them atm
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    thoughtseize???

might be the time to sell mine, don't even use them atm
    People are speculating on what it may be. For an enchantment block the possible MM card could easily be Daybreak Coronet as well. Some are hoping it is Remand, which wouldn't be too bad since Snapcaster Mage won't be in Standard to abuse the crap out of it.

There are three options. Daybreak coronet, thoughtseize, an the one I'd like the most, damnation.

Got ourselves some Theros previews.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-08-27 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    There are three options. Daybreak coronet, thoughtseize, an the one I'd like the most, damnation.
    I'm hoping for Daybreak Coronet, as I absolutely love that card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Got ourselves some Theros previews.

[IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/arc1307_uiojkl_archon.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/arc1307_uiojkl_kraken.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/arc1307_uiojkl_overlord.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/arc1307_uiojkl_swallower.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/arc1307_uiojkl_hero.jpg[IMG]
    Me and Don have already chatted about these, but I'll say some stuff here.

Looks like Devotion is the new keyword for Chroma. Shipbreaker Kraken is a lesser version of Lorthos, a card I love that apparently didn't see much play (all I remember is I got one in the $1 rare bin).

Still not sure about the archon. Seven mana is insanely high of a cost for the enchantment effect. On the plus side, it becomes a creature if the enchanted creature dies. But still, it's a high cost. My enchantment deck should have won by seven mana. It's not much a fix for auras.

Still hoping for a Kiora appearance. Not sure how many planeswalkers will be in each set, but we already have Elspeth, who looks really cool in her white mage cloak

Still hoping for a Kiora appearance. Not sure how many planeswalkers will be in each set, but we already have Elspeth, who looks really cool in her white mage cloak
    There will be 5 total in the block going 3,1,1 per set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thassa, God of the Sea is here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=533172

Fucking OP as hell. Even with the drawback of having to have devotion 5 in order for her to be a creature. I assume that the activated ability, and the static (?) ability are constants no matter if he is a creature or not.

Thassa, God of the Sea is here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=533172

Fucking OP as hell. Even with the drawback of having to have devotion 5 in order for her to be a creature. I assume that the activated ability, and the static (?) ability are constants no matter if he is a creature or not.
    Thassa is basically a great enchantment that can turn into a good creature. I can actually imagine her showing up in Merfolk in Modern, possibly Legacy, but I don't know a whole lot about that format. And yes, those abilities are always available even if she isn't a creature.

Modern merfolk for sure, legacy, not really.

Possible new card right here. Reminds me of Jitte, and probably just as powerful.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-08-31 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ho lee shit.

I mean, "attacking" limits it a bit, but a green enchantment giving all your shit deathtouch. For three mana. With other options.

I bought a booster display box with my brother yesterday so I've got some work to do, gotta take apart some decks and make new ones :3