Today's previews. Garruk is all sorts of fun.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Today's previews. Garruk is all sorts of fun.

no shiz, looks like a fun planeswalker to use now

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    no shiz, looks like a fun planeswalker to use now
    Everyone instantly is brewing G/B decks in their head right now.

T1 Elvish Mystic
    T2 Sylvan Caryatid
    T3 Courser/Nissa or Nissa+Courser
    T4 Garruk

That is all sorts of nasty at that point. He kills Elspeth, keeps the board clogged with hard to get past creatures, and could gain you some life if needed. Plus, with Tomb of Yawgmoth it will be even easier to cast him than it already is, plus some double black cards like Heroes Downfall. The deck would, most likely, have some problems, but it may just work.

Green is looking pretty strong in the coming rotation for Standard.
    Mono Blue still has most of its power.
    Bant Superfriends could have some potential.
    Of course G/X decks being possible.

At least those are the decks I can think of.

Today's spoilers are a little interesting. The red creature has potential to do some silly things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like an odd decision to put a Legendary Sliver in a set with no other slivers, unless they're making a return in the Fall set.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Seems like an odd decision to put a Legendary Sliver in a set with no other slivers, unless they're making a return in the Fall set.
    There are six slivers in this set, plus a land that cares about slivers, plus potentially another card. We already know the land (sliver hive) and two of the six slivers (hivelord and constricting sliver).

Your initial premise is wrong: that there are no other slivers in the set.

Also do remember that until the fall set, both the m14 and m15 slivers are legal in standard, plus these might give potential to sliver usage in other formats.

This just does amazing things in Superfriends.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just does amazing things in Superfriends.

that's a deck full of planeswalkers right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    There are six slivers in this set, plus a land that cares about slivers, plus potentially another card. We already know the land (sliver hive) and two of the six slivers (hivelord and constricting sliver).

Your initial premise is wrong: that there are no other slivers in the set.

Also do remember that until the fall set, both the m14 and m15 slivers are legal in standard, plus these might give potential to sliver usage in other formats.
    My bad. Only saw the Sliver lord and the land on MTGSalvation spoilers. Still seems like a waste of a Mythic slot for a card that will be useful for 3-4 months in Standard (unless they push the six slivers in M15 so over the top that they're all playable).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Dear lord that Garruk. I was already thinking about getting back into Magic with a g/B deck... I might have to for sure, now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Dear lord that Garruk. I was already thinking about getting back into Magic with a g/B deck... I might have to for sure, now.
    Grab some ramp too, he looks like a winner with ramp

Who wants to kick the nest?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to kick the nest?

That card will work wonders with buffs

Also you didn't reply about the super friends thing

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    That card will work wonders with buffs

Also you didn't reply about the super friends thing
    Ah, my apologies, yes that card might as well say "Put this with a Superfriends deck". This card can do rather crazy things, but it isn't as powerful as it seems. You can really only put it in a deck that has 2-3 or more PWs in a deck and playing the Veil won't normally happen until you have at least one Walker out, and since most of them cost an average of 4-5 you won't be playing this until the turn after and then waiting an extra turn to activate it. So waiting two turns to get the effect out of this means you have to be sure you are going to do something or you are ahead.

Of course it is a strong card and when you do have those 2-3+ PWs out you are going to go absolutely nuts.

Good things is that there are so many Planeswalkers running around right now, and even after rotation, that this card will probably find a home. Especially when Jund, Bant, B/G, RUG, Naya, and possibly a couple of other version of Superfriends are easily possible with our current roster.

It is also worth noting that with RUG Superfriends you can go infinite with the Veil + New Nissa + Ral Zarek, this is also true when you replace Ral Zarek with Tezzeret 1.0 in other formats.

Really Nissa herself makes the Veil a shot of steroids to whichever other PWs, plus her, that are out.

You also have this easily possible scenario.

Turn 1 - Land, Elvish Mystic
    Turn 2 - Land, Sylvan Caryatid
    Turn 3 - Land, Xenagos PW, make 2/2 satyr
    Turn 4 - Land, Nissa, activate Nissa to untap 4 forests, cast Chain Veil, activate Xenagos making 3 mana, tap a creature for mana, activate Chain Veil, and then.

At that point you can pretty much do whatever you want, from playing a few other planeswalkers, to just getting ready for ultimates or bigger creatures, thanks to all of that mana.

I personally think that Jund Superfriends might be the best, maybe Bant or Naya.

-Jund has Lilianna, M14 Lilianna (for a time), Garruk AP (or GAP as they are calling him), New Nissa, Vraska (for a time), Xenagos, and Chandra. Here you can also play Tomb of Yawgmoth to make your mana a lot smoother for spells like Hero's Demise and Lilianna.
    -Bant has Ravnica Jace (for the time being), Nissa, Kiora, Theros Ajani, M15 Ajani, and Elspeth. There is also M15 Jace, but I would rather just use Theros Ajani to get more draws. You can also play GAP as a singleton if you want as getting a single black mana should be plenty easy with Mana Confluence and Sylvan Caryatid.
    -Naya has Nissa, Chandra, M15 and Theros Ajani, Xenagos, and Elspeth. GAP can also be played here.

Each deck will have its strengths and weaknesses. I think the Superfriends lists with Green will be the best because of Sylvan Caryatid and Courser, which will make sure you can play the various Planeswalkers and spells that you need to play.

I do worry about the mana base after rotation as with the Painlands and Mana Confluence you could easily be paying 2 life a turn just to play certain cards. This will probably only make aggro stronger, but we do have Tarkir's land cycle to look forward to so things will mostly likely change that.

So there is my long winded discussion on the card.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2014-07-03 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's spoilers are a little interesting. The red creature has potential to do some silly things.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. my sliver deck is gonna make a comeback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. my sliver deck is gonna make a comeback!!!
    If I could get my hands on a Sliver Queen I would make a Sliver EDH deck.

- - - Updated - - -

Got ourselves some pretty decent rares today.

Well, sold off most of one very old deck last night. Thanks to the rares in it, incl. 4x Badlands, I got $325 from it. Need to sell the other two decks off and then I can build a Standard deck. Thinking of a variant on B/g Devotion, 'cause that deck looks hella neat and I love some of the G/B cards.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Oh heck yeh! A green card I can slap it on to my ramp deck

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Slivers are literally my favorite creatures, next to goblins. Got that queen and overlord for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Slivers are literally my favorite creatures, next to goblins. Got that queen and overlord for days.
    I could make shoddy Sliver EDH deck with Sliver Overlord, what with it being the only Sliver legendary I have, but I don't know how well an amalgamation of the Premium Sliver Deck and the slivers from Onslaught.

Back when I first played I made a deck with about every creature type I could. My goblin deck was my favorite of all the tribal decks I made because of Gratuitous Violence and Goblin Sharpshooter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Well, sold off most of one very old deck last night. Thanks to the rares in it, incl. 4x Badlands, I got $325 from it. Need to sell the other two decks off and then I can build a Standard deck. Thinking of a variant on B/g Devotion, 'cause that deck looks hella neat and I love some of the G/B cards.
    I personally would not have sold away Alpha Duels, but if you get enjoyment from the new cards then all the power to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Entire set got spoiled tonight. Some pretty interesting cards.