Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Woops forgot to post the new cards. I am loving Omnath, although he probably doesn't seem great outside of Commander, but I am certainly not great when it comes to card evaluation. I guess he could be good, but until Dragonlord Atarka leaves he probably won't do too much.

Archive is a nice middle ground between Dreamstone Hedron and Mind Stone. I was expecting them just to reprint Dreamstone Hedron.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell the new Ulamog makes me wish annihilation was back http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/ba...aseless-hunger

Apparently Eldrazi Drones are now Scions. And it seems the mechanics of Eldrazi is manipulating exiled cards.

Got a bunch of cards from PAX, more will probably appear later as well.

We see Processor and Scion are new creature types.
    Converge is like Sunburst for non-permanent spells.
    Titan's Presence is probably going to be full on annoying.
    Ulamog is sort of insane. Those who complained about Annihilator, how do you feel about it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Gideon is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Those lands and duals.

- - - Updated - - -

And these are just two of the "treasures" in BFZ packs.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-08-30 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they mythic because of the art? What the fuck?

And the trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Those are special versions you can open, they have normal rare versions like any other land. The special ones are slightly less rare than mythic foils.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow cats can destroy enchantments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice callback to Felidar Sovereign. Damn I want Felidar Sovereign. Although, that card doesn't really have any gameplay allusions to the Sovereign.

- - - Updated - - -

Nissa's Renewal is cool. It costs a lot, but it seems worth it, especially since six mana is at least mid-game, so you could always use a pick-me-up. http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/ba...nissas-renewal

That art.

- - - Updated - - -

Nissa's Renewal is cool. It costs a lot, but it seems worth it, especially since six mana is at least mid-game, so you could always use a pick-me-up. http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/ba...nissas-renewal
    I feel that could have been uncommon, but I guess while we are in the land of landfall it might be too good at uncommon in limited, still feels uncommon though. Harrow did two basic lands at instant speed and it was common.

This will be the card I open 5 of in one box.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-08-31 at 08:16 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Hey guys sorry for a likely really stupid question here.
    My son was playing around in my old cards, and asked me to teach him how to play, and a game shop opened up nearby and he went there and played. Anyways, he wanted to start trying the "standard" rules, and I was going to buy him some of the Orgin cards. But reading here I see the talk of Battle for Zendikar, will BfZ become the new standard, or will it be both of them? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm just trying to avoid dumping money into the current sets for him if they will be replaced in October.
    Edit: Nevermind sorry found the answer after more Google-fu'ing.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2015-09-01 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice callback to Felidar Sovereign. Damn I want Felidar Sovereign. Although, that card doesn't really have any gameplay allusions to the Sovereign.

- - - Updated - - -

And Boundless Realms does as many lands as you have for 7.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2015-09-01 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And Boundless Realms does as many lands as you have for 7.
    If it weren't rare, it would be good. Explosive Vegetation cost four, and Rampant Growth is two. So a three mana search would be six. Basically, you're getting the seven life for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Retreat to Emeria is cool. I like the idea of enchantments with landfall too. http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/ba...reat-to-emeria

If it weren't rare, it would be good. Explosive Vegetation cost four, and Rampant Growth is two. So a three mana search would be six. Basically, you're getting the seven life for free.
    Life gain has been getting pretty cheap though. Feed the Clan was 2 mana for 5 life and ferocious for 10. Before that I believe the highest life you got for the mana spent, not counting anything where you gain life per something, was Rest for the Weary which was 4 with a landfall of 8.

Nissa's Renewal only saves you about one mana total when all things are said and done as a mana ramp for 3 lands would have been 4 mana, or 3 with something special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Life gain has been getting pretty cheap though. Feed the Clan was 2 mana for 5 life and ferocious for 10. Before that I believe the highest life you got for the mana spent, not counting anything where you gain life per something, was Rest for the Weary which was 4 with a landfall of 8.

Nissa's Renewal only saves you about one mana total when all things are said and done as a mana ramp for 3 lands would have been 4 mana, or 3 with something special.
    It kinda has to be. With creatures getting bigger, cheaper and more efficient, spending 3 mana for 4 life or 2 mana for 3 or something like that just won't do anything for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Oath of the Gatewatch is the name of our next set. Looks like Chandra comes into the picture, and between her and the other 3 (Jace, Gideon, and Nissa) we may be getting a Captain Planet vibe from what they showed.

Looks like Ob Nixilis and Kiora are also confirmed for BFZ.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    This article about the foil full-art fetches and shocks is very much well worth a read. I remember this happening with sports cards and would hate to see Magic tank because of "ultra rares".

http://blog.mtgprice.com/2015/09/02/...-to-the-chase/
    This treasure idea was also back in the first Zendikar. I wasn't playing at that time, but I heard of people opening Power 9.

To be fair this isn't going to do much to the game as all the foil full art lands you can get are available elsewhere for cheaper, and it isn't like other games don't have more rarities than Magic. Yugioh has a little more than 20 different rarities, most of them being a slight variation of foil, and that game is going strong, for some reason.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-09-03 at 12:02 AM.

They are mythic because they only exist in the place of mythic foils.

Deleted
    My latest card decks are from the early 2000's; after the Invasion series I've only bought a couple of decks just to see how the game is these days.

I wonder how an "old school" deck would do in a game without any dumbass "this card has been removed" rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    My latest card decks are from the early 2000's; after the Invasion series I've only bought a couple of decks just to see how the game is these days.

I wonder how an "old school" deck would do in a game without any dumbass "this card has been removed" rules.
    Depends on how it's built. My elf deck would probably demolish a lot of newer decks due its speed and quick zerg. Also, Standard decks tend to be slower due to the limited card use. At least from what I've seen.

I love the art for this.

Spoiler season is upon us.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like Eye of Ugin on a stick.

- - - Updated - - -

We got our other PWs.