Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Tiger vs Polar Bear. Who would win?

    Just wondering. No weather restrictions. If you put a polar bear and a tiger in an area together, who do you think would win?

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,318
    Polar bear, much bigger and much stronger. All that fat will protect the internal organs against a lot of damage.

  3. #3
    Warchief Reqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,110
    Polar Bear. Straight up...

    Raw power and size.

  4. #4
    A tiger isn't even a match for a polar bear. In fact, it is probably the most powerful animal on the planet (1v1)

  5. #5
    polar bear would destroy the hell out of a tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

  6. #6
    polar bears pretty much kills everything but humans with guns

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,318
    When you say Tiger, what kind do you mean? Bengal? Siberian? Tank?

  8. #8
    Polar Bear by a clear mile...


  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Well Siberian tigers regularly hunt down and kill the local bear population in Siberia. But polar bears are the most deadly members of the ursidae family. Hmmmmm
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-28 at 11:46 PM.

  10. #10
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,901
    didnt they do a show about this once... pitting animals against each other...? Where they measured their bite strength and claws, and behavior and stuff like that and then made a computer sim out of it. I remember Tiger vs Lion... Lion won because the mane protects the lion from getting bit in the neck by the tiger

  11. #11
    Polar bear. No contest.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

  12. #12
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    When you say Tiger, what kind do you mean? Bengal? Siberian? Tank?
    haha, oh man, that was awesome! Well played sir!

    Also; polar bear outright.
    Ex-coder, gamer - Stepped away from dev.
    Done/Planned: Leedsfest 2014, Mallory Knox (Nov 2014), Deaf Havana (Dec 2014) | Upcoming: Soundwave (Feb 2015)
    Awaiting UK/EU tour dates: Of Mice and Men, Jimmy Eat World, Architects (>Mar. 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    If NSA is building my profile from tonight's "browsing habits", they're in for a treat: women with three breasts, men with two penises, fake nipples...

  13. #13
    Yeah I'd say polar bear as well, though the tiger would likely maul the hell out of it before dying.

  14. #14
    The Patient Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Posts
    340
    Polar bears aren't the largest land predator for nothing

    The only non-human terrestrial animals which could handle a polar bear would probably be elephants and rhinos.
    Shadows are cruel.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    didnt they do a show about this once... pitting animals against each other...? Where they measured their bite strength and claws, and behavior and stuff like that and then made a computer sim out of it. I remember Tiger vs Lion... Lion won because the mane protects the lion from getting bit in the neck by the tiger
    Show isn't really accurate. Tigers have been known to frequently maul lions to death when in captivity easily. In any case I voted polar bear, since we're talking about this taking place in an arena setting. The tiger wouldn't have much room to run and exhaust the bear, nor does he have any terrestrial objects (trees/rocks/cliffs) to hide or pounce from.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-28 at 11:53 PM.

  16. #16
    Hah, my friend loses. Thanks

  17. #17
    Polar bears hands down!

  18. #18
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,398
    Polar bear. A tiger might be able to kill a polar bear on a lucky swing at the neck, but most times, the bear would win.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Slic View Post
    A tiger isn't even a match for a polar bear. In fact, it is probably the most powerful animal on the planet (1v1)
    Well RL isn't balanced around 1v1. Everybody knows that.

    OT: polar bear, paws down

  20. #20
    The tiger would not attack a polar bear. And that's with good reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •