Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    K guys, buying 2 new sets of card sleeves this week. I need to pick the strongest ones possible, so my opponents will surrender at the site of them. Help me pick two!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    K guys, buying 2 new sets of card sleeves this week. I need to pick the strongest ones possible, so my opponents will surrender at the site of them. Help me pick two!
    [img]http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig20/10208678.jpg[/ig]
    [img]http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig20/10208679.jpg[/ig]
    [img]http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig20/10204581.jpg[/ig]
    [img]http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig18/10185209.jpg[/ig]
    [img]http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig18/10181838.jpg[/ig]
    If you play competitively at all, from FNM or higher, I would advise you not using the first or last one. People can become offended by it and judges may make you resleeve your cards.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If you play competitively at all, from FNM or higher, I would advise you not using the first or last one. People can become offended by it and judges may make you resleeve your cards.
    I dunno. I feel like if it escalates to that, regardless of the outcome of the match, I've beaten that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I dunno. I feel like if it escalates to that, regardless of the outcome of the match, I've beaten that person.
    It has apparently become quite common for some folks to be offended and it costs people game losses, if they are actually offended, either because the playmat or sleeves is actually offending or because the person has crazy high moral issues about them, but it has happened before.

15+ Year Old Account
    People forteiting due to playmats or sleeves? Wow.

You know, I had a friend back in the day that loved the gameplay of demon decks, but couldn't look at some or most of the artwork because they were too demonic, and would cover the artwork with a sticky note. I thought that was silly, but at least he'd continue playing.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    People forteiting due to playmats or sleeves? Wow.

You know, I had a friend back in the day that loved the gameplay of demon decks, but couldn't look at some or most of the artwork because they were too demonic, and would cover the artwork with a sticky note. I thought that was silly, but at least he'd continue playing.
    Players are not forfeiting, but causing others to be forced to not use those sleeves or playmats.

15+ Year Old Account
    DLd Magic 2013 demo on Xbox last night. Got to say it was pretty fun. Want to get the full version, but I don't know how easy it is to transfer the game from one Xbox to another (moving soon and buying my own Xbox).
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Myself, my 3 brothers and our mom started playing this a few months ago. We are having a blast, we've been playing with 60 card decks and just started messing around with Commander decks. My cousin and uncle played pretty hardcore about 15 years ago or so and recently sent us a huge box of their old cards(it weighed in at close to 50lbs).

Edit: Kalyyn, where do you get card sleeves with artwork on them?

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you go to Anime Expo in Los Angeles, there's usually a booth or two that sell card sleeves. I swear I spent most of my money on them last year rather than other anime related stuff. lol Some samples of my sleeves from Anime Expo..

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy of mine actually just bought the fox girl ones on the bottom left just a few days ago >.>

My only problem with special sleeves like that is if they start to rip you are throwing away more money than they need to, plus as you play with them more and more you can feel them start to wear down a little. At least that has been my experience with them. They are still awesome if you want to pimp out a deck some more, but I usually like the cheap 50 sleeves for $3.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with special sleeves like that is if they start to rip you are throwing away more money than they need to, plus as you play with them more and more you can feel them start to wear down a little. At least that has been my experience with them. They are still awesome if you want to pimp out a deck some more, but I usually like the cheap 50 sleeves for $3.
    You can get some of these sleeves really cheap (like $4-7 usually) if you know the right suppliers. You gotta buy them in bulk, though, because shipping them from Japan ramps up the price a good bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They usually last a good 2-3 years for me as long as I'm careful with them. Have to buy two packs for most of them too, so there's plenty of extras I have stored away in case any of them break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They usually last a good 2-3 years for me as long as I'm careful with them. Have to buy two packs for most of them too, so there's plenty of extras I have stored away in case any of them break.
    ... shit, I didn't think about that.

Just bought 3 packs of card sleeves (60 per pack) and did not even think about getting replacement sleeves... I wonder if it's too late to add to my order?

Anyway, here's the sleeves I just bought.

My order hasn't been confirmed yet, so now that you've said something, I'm thinking about dropping the Reimu pack (honestly doesn't look that good) and getting an additional pack of the Marisa and Sanae ones. Or... I could just get 3-4 Marisa packs... hrmm...

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 09:36 PM ----------

Never mind... I tried to change my order to 4 Marisa packs, and the website is all like "You're only allowed to buy 1 because FUCK YOU! Also, we're in short supply"

I wonder if I can find a website that will sell me multiples? Preferably from an American source, but I'm sure that won't happen.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2013-02-12 at 09:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you determine Lazavs p/t after he copies a card? Does he take over their p/t, keep his 3/3, or does it become additive?

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:43 PM ----------

The way I'm thinking is he retains his 3/3, unless he copies a */* as those numbers are based off other things happening in the game. Example. Copying Dakkon would change him to hexproof and a */* based on # of lands.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you determine Lazavs p/t after he copies a card? Does he take over their p/t, keep his 3/3, or does it become additive?

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:43 PM ----------

The way I'm thinking is he retains his 3/3, unless he copies a */* as those numbers are based off other things happening in the game. Example. Copying Dakkon would change him to hexproof and a */* based on # of lands.
    Well, at my last draft I played him as copying the target creature's power/toughness. And since I was actually playing against one of the judges, I feel like he would have said something if I was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOH nice.

So i;ve been looking at getting into magic any advice on where to start?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    If any of you go to Anime Expo in Los Angeles, there's usually a booth or two that sell card sleeves. I swear I spent most of my money on them last year rather than other anime related stuff. lol Some samples of my sleeves from Anime Expo..

Was playing cards and keychains at my local one LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    OOH nice.

So i;ve been looking at getting into magic any advice on where to start?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 07:52 AM ----------

Was playing cards and keychains at my local one LOL.
    I just started playing again recently (played from 95 to 04). The advice I was given here and at the local shops I went to was to start simple with the current block. If you're playing casually with friends, see if they'll allow you to use one of their decks so you get the hang of what's going on, or buy a pre constructed deck (check forums to see which ones are good and which ones to stay away from). Once you see how decks are built, you can try your hand at your own, or add to a preconstructed. There are many game types, so choose which one you'd like to play. Casual with friends, pretty much everything goes card legality wise; house rules. I myself bought only M13, Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash packs so I could try my hand at some local standard games.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing again recently (played from 95 to 04). The advice I was given here and at the local shops I went to was to start simple with the current block. If you're playing casually with friends, see if they'll allow you to use one of their decks so you get the hang of what's going on, or buy a pre constructed deck (check forums to see which ones are good and which ones to stay away from). Once you see how decks are built, you can try your hand at your own, or add to a preconstructed. There are many game types, so choose which one you'd like to play. Casual with friends, pretty much everything goes card legality wise; house rules. I myself bought only M13, Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash packs so I could try my hand at some local standard games.
    Ah okay thanks for that. And yeah i was planning to go premade deck.

Power of it doesn't matter since it's intended to be a starter anyways so i may just buy what suits me. I have found that i will put ALOT of work into making something work if i find it to be fun/cool.