Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so i have a few questions.

1 is the Gruul Goliath premade really weak or am i just sucking(i've also made changes with an old players help that have strengthened it some).

And 2. If i sign up for MTGO will i be able to transfer any of my real world cards to it?

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 was announced and there is a possible cards that might show up in M14.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    That seems REALLY powerful though, especially in legacy. It fetches for every dual, Karakas, wasteland, tabernacle, sol lands like ancient tomb, maze of ith, etc.

It would either need a higher activation cost, no tapping for mana, or both. And even then, it'ld be very powerful.
    For how much life gets thrown away some may not want to throw away more life to do so, plus it could lead to some running Stifle effects for people being even greedier with their mana bases, but that was only an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ok so i have a few questions.

1 is the Gruul Goliath premade really weak or am i just sucking(i've also made changes with an old players help that have strengthened it some).

And 2. If i sign up for MTGO will i be able to transfer any of my real world cards to it?
    1. If you are talking about the Gruul intro deck then I wouldn't be too worried how well it does, but I can't say for certain if you are playing with it wrong or if the deck has a fundamental flaw in it.

2. Unfortunately you are unable to transfer real to online cards, but on MTGO if you have every card in a set you can transfer online cards to real ones.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 was announced and there is a possible cards that might show up in M14.

For how much life gets thrown away some may not want to throw away more life to do so, plus it could lead to some running Stifle effects for people being even greedier with their mana bases, but that was only an idea.

1. If you are talking about the Gruul intro deck then I wouldn't be too worried how well it does, but I can't say for certain if you are playing with it wrong or if the deck has a fundamental flaw in it.

2. Unfortunately you are unable to transfer real to online cards, but on MTGO if you have every card in a set you can transfer online cards to real ones.
    Ok thanks for the help...And you'd think they would've taken a note from yu gi oh and let us transfer cards over....Still nice to know about the set thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don, that card is really weak for a mythic. 5/6 flying for 5 isn't amazing, and killing a single creature is nice, but with a drawback like that, it doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don, that card is really weak for a mythic. 5/6 flying for 5 isn't amazing, and killing a single creature is nice, but with a drawback like that, it doesn't add up.
    This wouldn't be the first time we learn of cards from DotP early and I will agree that as a mythic it is pretty weak. As a rare it would have been fine, but the other card found from DotP helps a little bit with the demon. It has pretty neat flavor in that their are always groups of humans always trying to summon demons by killing themselves.

Creature-Human Cleric
    A deck can have any number of cards named Shadowborn Apostle.
    , sacrifice six creatures named Shadowborn Apostle: Search your library for a demon creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
    1/1

Here is another one that was found.

Staff of the Wild Magus

Artifact
    Whenever you cast a green spell or a Forest enters the battlefield under your control you may gain 1 life.

At the very least it isn't those other core set cards, but it still sucks incredibly hard core. Just another case of Wizards making a core set card that people will learn not to play with.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 06:41 PM ----------

Ok thanks for the help...And you'd think they would've taken a note from yu gi oh and let us transfer cards over....Still nice to know about the set thing.
    To do something like that would be a ton of work and Wizards wouldn't really know what to do with the cards they are sent as they couldn't resell them. Plus things like condition would be a factor and Wizards would have to possibly ship back whole sets back to the person if a few cards got damaged or were previously damaged or if the person thought they shipped every card, but forgot one or even more cards, which would cause even more hassles. If Gamekeeper or Wizards stores were still open then there would be a place for it, but unfortunately that would be too much now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that artifact will be a playset of five, one for each color. I don't know about that. As much as people seem to rag on the current ones (2 mana, whenever you play an x spell, gain 1 life), nobody's gonna like these. I like the current ones myself, but they seem to get rated really low.

I'm guessing that artifact will be a playset of five, one for each color. I don't know about that. As much as people seem to rag on the current ones (2 mana, whenever you play an x spell, gain 1 life), nobody's gonna like these. I like the current ones myself, but they seem to get rated really low.
    My problem with them is that there are 5 cards when you could easily make the same effect on one card by choosing a color. These new ones are even worse than the lucky charms.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with them is that there are 5 cards when you could easily make the same effect on one card by choosing a color. These new ones are even worse than the lucky charms.
    True. A "Story Circle" version of the artifact set would work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't be the first time we learn of cards from DotP early and I will agree that as a mythic it is pretty weak. As a rare it would have been fine, but the other card found from DotP helps a little bit with the demon. It has pretty neat flavor in that their are always groups of humans always trying to summon demons by killing themselves.

Creature-Human Cleric
    A deck can have any number of cards named Shadowborn Apostle.
    , sacrifice six creatures named Shadowborn Apostle: Search your library for a demon creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
    1/1

Here is another one that was found.

Staff of the Wild Magus

Artifact
    Whenever you cast a green spell or a Forest enters the battlefield under your control you may gain 1 life.

At the very least it isn't those other core set cards, but it still sucks incredibly hard core. Just another case of Wizards making a core set card that people will learn not to play with.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 06:41 PM ----------

To do something like that would be a ton of work and Wizards wouldn't really know what to do with the cards they are sent as they couldn't resell them. Plus things like condition would be a factor and Wizards would have to possibly ship back whole sets back to the person if a few cards got damaged or were previously damaged or if the person thought they shipped every card, but forgot one or even more cards, which would cause even more hassles. If Gamekeeper or Wizards stores were still open then there would be a place for it, but unfortunately that would be too much now.
    LOL i meant a way to transfer our real cards to a digital format...NOT the other way. Such as how Yu Gi Oh has a numerical code on each card. I'd need to take a look but pretty sure magic cards could have something like that even previously made ones.

That's what i meant.

True. A "Story Circle" version of the artifact set would work out.
    Something as simple as

Prismatic Charm 2
    Artifact
    When <name> comes into play choose a color. When a player plays a spell of the chosen color you gain one life.

Still just as bad except if RDW needs to run this lucky charm they can use it against other decks if need be.

LOL i meant a way to transfer our real cards to a digital format...NOT the other way. Such as how Yu Gi Oh has a numerical code on each card. I'd need to take a look but pretty sure magic cards could have something like that even previously made ones.

That's what i meant.
    I did not know Yugioh was doing that. I fell out of Yugioh when I needed a motorcycle to play the game. The code makes much more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something as simple as

Prismatic Charm 2
    Artifact
    When <name> comes into play choose a color. When a player plays a spell of the chosen color you gain one life.

Still just as bad except if RDW needs to run this lucky charm they can use it against other decks if need be.

I did not know Yugioh was doing that. I fell out of Yugioh when I needed a motorcycle to play the game. The code makes much more sense.
    LOL yeah lets you put your real cards into the video games. Not all cards are in every game but it does work LOL. I figure something like that would work pretty well for Magic Online.

Ruric Thar was about the only interesting thing that happened at PAX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. An "attacks each turn if able" creature with vigilance, never seen that, add in a little Kaeverk and that's badass.

I'm more interested in the "Whenever a player casts a non-creature spell, it deals 6 damage to that player". Obviously he's far too expensive to put in any conventional burn deck or anything, but with a solid mana ramp, it could put some serious pressure on your opponent (pending on opponent deck, of course).

Deleted
    Ruric Thar was about the only interesting thing that happened at PAX.

Wow that looks amazing, I especially like the "Whenever a player casts a non-creature spell, it deals 6 damage to that player".

Enchantment is the next YMTC and I am slightly disappointed. If it is an aura it pretty much has to come with a return to hand or battlefield clause to do much, unless the hexproof creatures are just as abundant as they are now. Choosing the color first is also not a very good thing as the color will prohibit what can go on the card, unless we will be able to choose multicolor.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I'm more interested in the "Whenever a player casts a non-creature spell, it deals 6 damage to that player". Obviously he's far too expensive to put in any conventional burn deck or anything, but with a solid mana ramp, it could put some serious pressure on your opponent (pending on opponent deck, of course).
    He is definitely a six drop worth dropping. Their isn't many ways for him to not deal 6 damage before he is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Wow that looks amazing, I especially like the "Whenever a player casts a non-creature spell, it deals 6 damage to that player".
    Bloodrush is his best friend and if you can give him lifelink then you can cast spells as normal.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-03-25 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    He's made to be played in EDH. Either as a general or in the deck, this guy is probably going to see a lot of play in EDH. I'm putting him in my Mayael deck, because I think I run all of maybe 6 non-creature cards in it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Looks like we are heading to Theros next block, and it looks to be greek mythology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops, I read the card wrong. It affects you too.

Would have to build a deck around it I guess. Don is right though, Bloodrush works perfectly with him. Though I still stand that Bloodrush is terrible. Not as bad as Cipher, but still.

Oops, I read the card wrong. It affects you too.

Would have to build a deck around it I guess. Don is right though, Bloodrush works perfectly with him. Though I still stand that Bloodrush is terrible. Not as bad as Cipher, but still.
    Gore-Clan Rampager is used quite often in aggro decks. I wouldn't mind giving Ruric Thar +4/+4 and trample.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 05:25 AM ----------

And finally Maze's End is shown.

And Dragon's Maze trailer.