Page 78 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never. It's in their market research a block that did terribly in sales, and only moderately in player perception. MaRo answers that question a lot.

Got some pretty interesting cards. I can't believe they did Infinite Obliteration at 3 when those effects have mostly been at 4 or more. The green mythic is pretty hilarious with Sphinx's Tutelage.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well, at 4 they are for non land cards. This is just for creatures. It may see some sideboard action in standard, but that card can very easily be useless in a match.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Mana rock that copies spells. Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Well, at 4 they are for non land cards. This is just for creatures. It may see some sideboard action in standard, but that card can very easily be useless in a match.
    Seems like it'll be a black answer for things like the Dragon lords...

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    A return of Jaya Ballard finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    A return of Jaya Ballard finally?
    Depends on if she is dead or not. If anything the next time we should expect to see her is in a Commander product and seeing how well seeing characters like Feldon and Teferi went over I am sure they will be trying it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the entire set is spoiled. Lots of thopter creators. I see a few cards I like.

Herald of the Pantheon, because there isn't enough cards I want in my G/W aura deck.
    Pupil of the Ring, which is just...blue.
    Scab-Clan Berserker, shuts down spell-heavy decks.
    Skysnare Spider, a 6/6 vigilance reach spider for only six mana.

I don't understand all the hate for control right now, doesn't seem all that necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Origins is more Theros than Theros. Sigil of the Empty Throne is seeing a reprint.

It is about time they fixed that little cycle of cards and just made it one card. (Bah, it's only when "you cast". Never mind they still didn't fix it.)

This is a better Witchbane Orb.

Talk about mana ramp on a stick.

Decent storage land.

I love this little guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they fixed that cycle of artifacts. They cut the cost in half and reduced it to one card. I'm not sure why the "cast" part is an issue. It could easily be abused if it was "that color permanent enters the battlefield". The older ones were "cast" as well.

I think they fixed that cycle of artifacts. They cut the cost in half and reduced it to one card. I'm not sure why the "cast" part is an issue. It could easily be abused if it was "that color permanent enters the battlefield". The older ones were "cast" as well.
    The others don't care about a specific person casting them though. The ring cares only about you casting it, which doesn't necessarily "fix" the old ones like Dragons Claw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The others don't care about a specific person casting them though. The ring cares only about you casting it, which doesn't necessarily "fix" the old ones like Dragons Claw.
    Oh, right, yeah.

Like the staves. I gotcha. Though, with you having your own colored versions in your deck, it was really just luck that your opponent had the same.

Oh, right, yeah.

Like the staves. I gotcha. Though, with you having your own colored versions in your deck, it was really just luck that your opponent had the same.
    Dragon's Claw was only ever played because of RDW, and if you were in the mirror with it made sure you wouldn't get blown out.

Surprisingly we didn't get any spoilers from SDCC, as for the last few years this was a thing.

All we learned is that Ugin, Sorin, Kiora, Nissa, Chandra, Jace, and Gideon will be part of the Battle for Zendikar storyline, and Ob Nixilis will show up again.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, their twitter just spoiled something. Looks to be for FTV: Angels.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-07-12 at 02:20 AM.

All we learned is that Ugin, Sorin, Kiora, Nissa, Chandra, Jace, and Gideon will be part of the Battle for Zendikar storyline
    Hmmm. I can't help but notice what's not there to be noticed: Nahiri. How the hell is she not on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Hmmm. I can't help but notice what's not there to be noticed: Nahiri. How the hell is she not on the list?
    Could have been left out on mistake. We do see Nahiri next to Sorin in the pic with the statues of the Eldrazi titans and Sorin was tasked to find her by Ugin, so if Sorin shows up that must mean he found her because Ugin said he would do some unkind things if he didn't.

Kozilek seems to have blades for hands, at least the statue does.

It is neat to see Kiora have Thassa's Bident.

That picture is several months old, we'd seen it before. It's also several thousands of ingame years old...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    That picture is several months old, we'd seen it before. It's also several thousands of ingame years old...
    Ah, it is the first time I have seen it, and it did show up as the art in their Twitter with the panel so I presumed a little too much it looks like.

It was shown either with ugin's first uncharted realms or nahiri's. It represents their celebration post-binding of the eldrazi titans.

I love the display of comradery that sorin shows there. The piece is really well done!