Engineers have to wear masks?

Do any higher level Engineers know if we get better looking helms? Right now all the helms I can get, they all look like I am wearing a thiefs mask? Kind of disappointing in ArenaNets choice for the Engineer "Mask/Helm" design.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I am having the same problem with my thief. It is either wear a mask or a hat that makes you look like a musketeer...

That's why I've been holding onto my engineer goggles, for transmutation purposes!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That's why I've been holding onto my engineer goggles, for transmutation purposes!
    I can't play GW2 yet, so idk if there's a transmog function Idk about, if the mod was making a joke, or what..
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    I can't play GW2 yet, so idk if there's a transmog function Idk about, if the mod was making a joke, or what..
    There is. You can earn transmutation stones in a few places that do it for level 1-79 gear. Then there's advanced stones that do it for 80 gear from the cash shop. BUT they're extremely cheap, and you can easily exchange gold for gems to get them.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    He wasn't joking. You are able to pick up certain transmutation gems either through map completion, random chests or through the game store and those items allow you to change the look of your armour into something else. Certain circumstances apply of course, so I would go to the GW2 Info thread to answer more of your questions if you're looking to get into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are transfiguration stones. The whole purpose of them is to customize the way you look. I've gotten 20 of them without buying a single one. I've held onto one dagger skin for 20 lvls.

Deleted
    Meh, I wish I knew that yesterday when I sold a beloved helm for my necro that looked badass

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we get stuck with a lot of theif/ranger looking gear and not a whole lot of actual "engineer" looking gear.

Good thing there's transmutation stones, although that would be an inconvenience until lvl80, when you're not replacing gear often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharjax View Post
    Kind of disappointing in ArenaNets choice for the Engineer "Mask/Helm" design.
    There's no such thing as an "engineer design", really. Apart from the item you pick in character creation, any medium-armor class can wear any medium-armor item in the game.

That said, I too wish that there were some more engineer-looking headpieces while leveling up.

Then again, I also wish they'd make the initial choice of cosmetic headwear / backwear / shoulderwear much like the heritage armor - that you could "buy" it for no charge at your profession vendor and it'd act as a transmutation stone, and you could just apply the skin to whatever item you actually use.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize how the transmute stones fell out of completion chests like Halloween candy... every time I get a new headpiece, I'm going to apply the engineer monocle skin to it. (Can you carry the transmute from one item to another? Please please say yes....)
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctanessa View Post
    I didn't realize how the transmute stones fell out of completion chests like Halloween candy... every time I get a new headpiece, I'm going to apply the engineer monocle skin to it. (Can you carry the transmute from one item to another? Please please say yes....)
    Yep. You can carry it all the way to 80 with every upgrade you get, if you so choose.

I got a few transmutation stones.

I went to use one yesterday and it opens a window with two slots to drop items into but no explanation at all to say which side is which. Lets say I have a blue sword that looks rubbish but is level 30, and a green level 25 that looks ace. Which side do I put each item into to keep the stats of the blue, but the looks of he green?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

I went to use one yesterday and it opens a window with two slots to drop items into but no explanation at all to say which side is which. Lets say I have a blue sword that looks rubbish but is level 30, and a green level 25 that looks ace. Which side do I put each item into to keep the stats of the blue, but the looks of he green?
    Left side is the skin being kept, right side is the attributes being kept.

Also, if you toss two items in, you should see exactly what happens before you accept the transmutation - they will combine (kind of like a "preview" thing) with the icon of one and the stats of the other. If it's the wrong icon and stats, cancel and do it again, putting the items in the other sides. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Left side is the skin being kept, right side is the attributes being kept.

Also, if you toss two items in, you should see exactly what happens before you accept the transmutation - they will combine (kind of like a "preview" thing) with the icon of one and the stats of the other. If it's the wrong icon and stats, cancel and do it again, putting the items in the other sides. :P
    Actually, thats only for HOM gear, with the stones u just click which part of each one u want. the top being the image, the middle being the stats and the bottom being the rune or gem. So you can drop ye awesome stats olde crap sword in either side and shiney sword in any side, then click the shiny sword graphic at the top, then awesome stats crap sword's stats, then whatever runes/gems they have in them, if they have them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Actually, thats only for HOM gear, with the stones u just click which part of each one u want. the top being the image, the middle being the stats and the bottom being the rune or gem. So you can drop ye awesome stats olde crap sword in either side and shiney sword in any side, then click the shiny sword graphic at the top, then awesome stats crap sword's stats, then whatever runes/gems they have in them, if they have them.
    Oh, all right. Then I concede defeat in this question.

I have the same scepter/staff skin on my necro for 50 levels now....
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Same, they look awesome!

It's the only item I've been using my stones on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

It's pretty self-explanatory if you click the interface.

You've got two sides with three boxes each for each item, the top which is appearance, the middle which is stats, and the third which is rune/sigil. Choose one side for appearance, one side for stats, one side for rune/sigil, make item, done.