Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    oh really? not when you chose a green headband >.>
    ugh, so true. I ended up remaking my Norn mesmer because my bandana choice was the wrong color. Will be so happy if they add a barbershop option so those of us who chose hair accessories can change their colors to fit in with our chosen color schemes.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    You haven't been to Orr yet, have you?
    Doesn't matter when you already realize at character creation that you're really limited. A human thief without parents living in a gang on the streets, worshipping the god of lies and abiding the laws of ferocity.... but I use my power to intimidate to do good things! Aww look, there's a kitten on the tree, must. rescue. it. :3

Wait.. haven't made a Necromancer yet, should try it, sounds hilarious. "Worshipper of death and summoner of demons. But I'm a good guy, really!".

Oh well, that's just a minor point.

I just wish we could be one of them bears for a race. those things are the definition of badass. Oh and a hairdresser.

I'm in a bit of a love/hate relationship with this game as of late. Here are my issues, in no particular order:

1) Level scaling. I think in theory it seems like a good idea, as I guess it's intended to make things a little challenging, but (although these aren't the exact numbers) it's really annoying when I'm lvl 27 and I get downranked to a lvl 20 to do a quest where the mobs are lvl 22 and I end up dying. There's a satisfaction achieved when you reach max level and feel like a god, but sadly will I ever get this feeling in this game? I don't think you should ever be scaled down below the level of the mobs you will be facing. It's going to be really annoying for someone who wanted to go back and level up another crafting skill.

2) Why does every class besides the thief only have one main ability that does not have a cooldown? I think that's one of the main reasons I went with a thief because I was so annoyed that every other class was like that. Maybe I'm still used to the thinking of a dps rotation, but it seems like all you do is use one or two abilities with cooldowns and then spam your autoattack #1 ability. Especially when one of your abilities misses. I think there should be a change so when your ability misses, the cooldown is cut in half or something.

3) Aside from the main quest line, there does not seem to be any direction in the game. Around level 23 I realized there were two zones that were 15-25 and then at 25 I stumbled upon a zone that was 25-35 and had to go through a bunch of 30+ quests and areas until I discovered the level 25 quests. At the same time, I appreciate that it wasn't completely linear and boring.

4) The main quest line "indicator icon" on the map was very buggy. It told me to take a portal one place and then I ended up walking a long distance to only discover I could have gotten there much quicker by going a different way.

5) The AH system is cool when you want to sell and look for things to buy, it's very nice to pull it up from anywhere, but it's extremely annoying to have to run to the vendor to pick up your items. Just an annoying waste of time in my opinion. If I can get mail at any time, why make me do something different for the auction house?

6) Unless I'm mistaken, the first dungeon instance isn't until lvl 30. For someone who really enjoys dungeons, this is a fairly big letdown.

7) No mounts? I like the waypoints and being able to teleport places, but really miss not having a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    I absolutely agree with this point. I made the most ferocious Necromancer (Necro's being as evil as you can get) male Sylvari I could and it annoys me beyond belief at how camp and pathetic he sounds in dialect. I assume above all he still follows the sylvari ways, despite battling undead... with undead :P

But for the sake of GW2 being so awesome, I'm willing to let that fly
    Technically Necromancer minions aren't undead... they're constructs of flesh...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    There IS far too much similarity between the female Norn and female Humans, it's undeniable. The males are easy enough to tell apart because Norn males are basically bulldozers on legs, but you can make the females look almost identical with enough tweaks (max height on human, min height on norn, same facial expression/hair color/etc).

Hell I can't tell norn and human females apart period. They're both way taller than me (asura FTW) so unless they're standing beside each other it's impossible to tell them apart, especially with armor on.
    There's still a 1-2 foot difference between the smallest female Norn and tallest female Human, I play Asura and have no trouble telling them apart .

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why are Norn considered dumb? I don't play one but can't they become spell casters as well? If so they can't be THAT stupid.
    One of the early Asura pesonal story quests has a segment where they've done research into which is the smartest race (kind of) and they state the results as:

Asura
    Sylvari
    Charr
    Human
    Norn

Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Arenanet went to great pains to ensure a racial experience with GW2.

Outside of WoW and TERA I cannot think of an MMO with a better diversity of races. Heck unlike TERA all the GW2 races have female and male variations.

If you are in the mood for pallet swapped bland races, try RIFT (still a great game) and SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Technically Necromancer minions aren't undead... they're constructs of flesh...
    Well... author here again. :P

Un·dead [uhn-ded].
    Adjective.
    No longer alive but animated by a supernatural force.

Flesh [flesh].
    Noun.
    The soft substance of a human or other animal body, consisting of muscle and fat.

So, the flesh comes from some sort of animal body (counting humanoids in there), which is obviously dead (because who've you ever seen alive without any flesh?), which then qualifies as no longer alive, but animated by a supernatural (necromantic) force.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing WoW, Rift and Aion I'm quite happy with GW2. I have had a few lag spikes and bugs, and the Trade Broker being down or lagged out so often is getting kind of irritating but other than that I can't complain too much.

I haven't quite worked out the currency system yet and how much they expect to be rich versus poor. I do wish they had a hairdresser like other people said. The dye system is amazing, and adding in the ability to reskin your gear to what you want makes me very happy. I am the type of person who changes skins and dyes constantly. The shared bank and the "collectable" system is great.

I haven't Pvp'd at all yet or even joined a guild but I'm very very glad that a "battleground" type option is available for when you want to go find some pvp. I'm a bit concerned about end game pve-wise...I wish there was large scale raiding like WoW but I suppose I will have to make do with dungeons.