Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warning about crafting disciplines

Probably a lot of pll don't know about it, and I found it only like today. I'll put a link to one site which says it all. It's not my site.
    (might be outdated, check wiki for 100% right combo: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Weapon)
    http://segmentnext.com/2012/08/30/gu...where-to-find/

In 2 words, if you want cool weapons aka legendaries you need to pick 2 specific crafting disciples to craft them... I made this topic so pll can see and don't repeat my mistake. Thanks.
    Last edited by Malderon; 2012-09-06 at 08:49 AM.

You keep the same level crafting even if you switch so.. not a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    While I kinda wish I had read this before choosing Artificer/jeweler, It just means ill have more to do when I hit max level!

Hmm. I can make the legendary focus with A/J though. Maybe i'm not completely out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    So I should look into a Shortbow build for my Thief I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are wrong, they're the old beta ones, gw2 offical wiki has the real profession to weapons chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Those are wrong, they're the old beta ones, gw2 offical wiki has the real profession to weapons chart.
    can you post link, just searched and couldn't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Weapon
    If you check the vendor, the recipies say which weapon they are for etc, name wise.

Indeed, found this out yesterday and immediately started weaponsmithing from 0, dropping artificing I'd worked so hard on ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Indeed, found this out yesterday and immediately started weaponsmithing from 0, dropping artificing I'd worked so hard on ;_;
    Your progress in artificing wasn't lost though, at most you lost 3-5 silver for switching.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Fixed the thread title because crafting is termed as a discipline. Not "profs" or profession. Misleading title.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Quote Originally Posted by Redheal View Post
    You keep the same level crafting even if you switch so.. not a problem
    Yes, that's true. It doesn't change the fact that you will have to lvl it again.Imagine if you need jeweller for example on main and u already have this on alt...

And to mod, thanks for changing title, it was quite late yesterday when I created topic.

Deleted
    For my Necromancer I'll need 4 disciplines if I want Scepter/Dagger combination. I'll probably go for staff first, and then pick up the other 2 professions to make the other weapons.

wait, there is still not known if these materials needed for the legendary are soulbound, account bound or even not bound at all...I don't think it will be soulbound..At least there will be account bound so you can share them with alts
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just switch discipline and take the one you need or are you referring at the time consuming procedure of leveling the missing discipline?

10+ Year Old Account
    They might not even be bound at all, like papa said. So, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Yes, that's true. It doesn't change the fact that you will have to lvl it again.Imagine if you need jeweller for example on main and u already have this on alt...
    The gifts aren't soulbound as far as I know. But they do need 250 dungeon tokens, which are soulbound.

Anyway levelling a profession to 400 is pretty easy if you know what you're doing, it costs 5-10g worth of mats which is nothing compared to the effort the other components take to get. Think I actually made a profit on making the level 80 tailoring yellows.

Deleted
    Oh god... farming all that ore again... so much farming... oh god..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    The gifts aren't soulbound as far as I know. But they do need 250 dungeon tokens, which are soulbound.

Anyway levelling a profession to 400 is pretty easy if you know what you're doing, it costs 5-10g worth of mats which is nothing compared to the effort the other components take to get. Think I actually made a profit on making the level 80 tailoring yellows.
    You'd also get skill points when doing it, even if you were already 80, which go towards that 200 you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about alts? Can't I have armorsmith on my warrior and then weaponsmith on a thief alt? I think the idea to be forced into two professions is stupid.

Why aren't there combos for all disciplines? With armorsmith and chef I could make a fine armor made of pans and cooking pots...
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

You don't need to have the professions themselves, only someone does to make some of the things.