Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I'd have to say the Draenei. At least in appearance. The whole fleeing from some bigger evil has been done before, but like that matters. Everything's been done before.

The way the Worgen came into the world and work as a faction seem kinda original too. Unless I'm mistaken, I really haven't seen werewolves brought to the world by night elves and then spread as a plague in an isolationistic country to be brought into an alliance with dwarves, gnomes, elves, space goats and humans after being attacked by zombies. Weird long sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    I'd LOVE to give Blizzard murlocs, but The Deep Ones beg to differ...
    What's that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    What's that?
    A creature from the Cthulhu Mythos. From Wikipedia:
    The Deep Ones are creatures in the Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft. The beings first appeared in Lovecraft's novella "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" (1931), but were already hinted at in the early short story "Dagon". The Deep Ones are a race of fish-frog-like, ocean-dwelling creatures with an affinity for mating with humans which occurs regularly along the coast.
    A fish-frog-like, ocean-dwelling creature which occurs regularly along the coast. Sounds familiar

Actually a great deal of Warcraft is inspired by Lovecraft. The old gods is a prominent example.

What makes Azeroth unique is being able to bring so many different stories, characters, cultures and places together and make it work. A world with an undead plague caused by demons being fought by cartoony fantasy characters that use guns, mechas and spaceships. And it makes more sense than many almost-sterotypicaly-average fantasy universes.

Deleted
    Dranei maybe, but i'd like to think they knew Warlock Nemesis (warlock's T2 is named Nemesis raiment, hurr clever reference) when designing them. (or they just copied typical horned devil and painted them blue because they were no longer evil (non-eredar))

And eredar = warlocks etc. Dunno.

And i'm sure that some cheap scifi series had some kind of blue horned aliens, even Star Wars (cant remember which movie, old or new) had one big blue rubberface with horns.

One of old (from 90's ?) Usagi Yojimbo comics had one small additional comic strip where some kung fu-using pandafurry beat up normal bearfurries. Would link it, but cba to find it.

Edit: yeah, it seems to be Panda Khan, that one was in one 1990's Usagi Yojimbo comic.

Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2012-10-06 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Honorable orcs
    Fel-hungry elves
    Playable undead

The setting and lore isn't original, i mean hell warcraft started as a Warhammer game. But the tweaks made to the races are whats different. Even though Warcraft Orcs are basically Klingons.
    Also for Dreanei there is a race in D&D that are extremely similar in look and design.
    The fact that they switched the rolls of Drow and Moon Elves is interesting though.
    As was said earlier, its the execution of ideas that makes the different fantasy worlds interesting.
    Same with Sci Fi. its all in the details.

And goblins are bascally ferengi.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]