Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Am just gonna lol at this. I've seen Illana post before, complaining about something and not even remotely listening to what others have to say. So I'll end my argumentation here and just remind you all, that crying about AV Enabler on MMO will get you no where.

    I've been in contact with someone from OR, they're always up to date on Blizz's stance on anything that regards OR or can affect it. And so far there hasn't been any statement from Blizz about using this add-on is "exploiting".

    So why don't you post on the official forums, since you clearly aren't interested in discussing (ignoring or twisting words).

    In the mean while I'll go back to my premade BG's and have fun.
    i listened to what you said, I didn't agree, I gave my opinion.

    If you don't like it that's your problem, not mine. If you can't handle the truth again, your problem not mine.

    Taken from blizzard ToS agreement itself:

    (i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3390?page=5#94

    blue post about the addon

    (Btw, I've seen you mention OR several times in this thread, what exactly is it?)

    It's been posted multiple times in the forums, quick search can net you pages of results of people who hate this addon and what it enables. As I've already said, I only have access to EU forums and nobody takes feedback from the EU forums back to the development team. If I post it here, everyone who plays wow whatever region can see it and comment.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I saw this in the other thread:



    One type of underhanded play is worthy of scorn but another is fine?
    And the post right after that one where I said: "I don't care about the method, only that justice was served. I'm sure whoever hacked that account will be punished too"

    or words to that effect.

    I can remove all your posts out of context and make you sound like whatever I want to as well, but you know we have a name for that: it's called propaganda.

  2. #42
    It's a nice add-on. WoW has become somewhat akin to lobby game of late. It is now most convenient to consume content solo, from raids to pvp, and grouping is penalized in several instances (long BG ques for premades, damage pentalties for same-realm parties in LFGs, etc).

    So no, this add-on is a god send for those still trying to play a MMO RPG rather than a lobby game like sc/lol or a generic online fps.

  3. #43
    People can do this without the addon. How are you going to stop them?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #44
    you know you can queue with 4 other people WITHOUT circumventing the game mechanics right?

    You can play rated battlegrounds with 9 (NINE!) other people without doing it too!

    of course you'll have to wait longer, that's how the matchmaking system works since people don't always queue in nice round numbers for each bg.

    Also there's not damage "penalty" from premade parties in LFG, you just don't get the boost. There's a big difference.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    People can do this without the addon. How are you going to stop them?
    The blue said maybe in the future there will be a way and I hope that it will be soon.

  5. #45
    I can see the problem with getting into a BG with 9 random people and you get up against a group of 10 premades, you will lose no matter what, most likely you will not only lose you will get crushed.

    But the thing is with this addon is that it doesn't automatically put all the 10 of you in the same BG. What it does is that it queues you to the same BG at about the same time and visually lets you see when the queue pops for people so that you can determine if the chance is good that most of you will get into the same BG.

    What this means is that even if Blizzard would ban this addon people will still be able to do the same thing manually. Do a countdown on vent: 3, 2, 1, QUEUE! And then when the queue pops just check on vent or with a ready check to see how many it poped for. And you can do the same thing with two 5-man groups to make it even easier, only two people need to queue at the same time and only two people need to check if the queue poped.

    Since banning the addon won't change this possibility to make premade BGs I don't see Blizzard doing it since it most likely won't have ant big effect on the premade BGs accept maybe the 40-mans that will get a bit harder to organize just since there are so many people to keep track on.
    Last edited by Ater; 2012-09-10 at 07:19 AM.

  6. #46
    it won't stop it but it will sure make it harder. When things get harder, less people do it. Better for the majority.

  7. #47
    Just FYI, all the premades I've ever been to explicitly DO NOT use any kind of addon. All the Premade Enabler does is make the process of queueing multiple people a bit easier, IF everyone has the addon already. For open premades with lots of pugs traditional queueing is actually easier.

  8. #48
    The Patient Lajkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I play bgs with my friends all the time, 2-5 of us (rarely ever more than 3) and we already do very well in 10mans because 3 people coordinating is a big impact in a 10vs10 situation
    So you're basically aware that any form of organization will give you an advantage (even just 2-5 people) and you are using this form of queuing in random BGs yourself. Yet your only complaint is when there's a bigger group of coordinated people and you lose. I'm sorry, but it just sounds hypocritical to me. It looks like you're complaining only when you lose, therefore it's hard for me to take your argument seriously.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkko View Post
    So you're basically aware that any form of organization will give you an advantage (even just 2-5 people) and you are using this form of queuing in random BGs yourself. Yet your only complaint is when there's a bigger group of coordinated people and you lose. I'm sorry, but it just sounds hypocritical to me. It looks like you're complaining only when you lose, therefore it's hard for me to take your argument seriously.
    yes because im not bypassing game mechanics to get this advantage. I'm using what's available to me in the game already, game's designed to be able to sign up as 5 people, why shouldn't I be allowed to use it?

    Game isn't designed in having 6-40 people in a raid group entering the same bg, hence my complaint.

    And no I don't complain just when i lose, when I enter a bg on the same side as a premade I either leave if they're holding the flag (if in ctf map) or cap the flag as quickly as possible if they don't. The amount of flaming I've gotten from doing the second is hilarious.
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-09-10 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #50
    The Patient Lajkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    yes because im not bypassing game mechanics to get this advantage. I'm using what's available to me in the game already, game's designed to be able to sign up as 5 people, why shouldn't I be allowed to use it?

    First of all, my argument wasn't that you shouldn't be allowed to use game features. It was you doing the same (granted, on a smaller scale), yet complain when others go the whole nine yards.

    Second, lots of premades queue 2x5 man groups in wsg without even using the addon. Does it make a difference? You still meet a coordinated 10m group and no one bypasses anything.

    Third, 10m bgs are not that productive if they're doing it for hks (as in holding the flag and gy camping) - most hk farming is done in IoC and AV. So the cases when you join a premade (due to the addon being faulty btw) that holds the flag are not as common as you make it sound. In fact, I only seen one german team that did it for the hks, rest are just for fast wins.

    Lastly, the addon is great for people that play on dead realms/faction. You want to ban an addon that makes life easier for people that spam trade for couple of days to find a crafter for X (nevermind finding a decent PvP team), just because you're pissed that you occasionally lose random bgs. Sorry, but I still can't sympathize.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    yes because im not bypassing game mechanics to get this advantage. I'm using what's available to me in the game already, game's designed to be able to sign up as 5 people, why shouldn't I be allowed to use it?

    Game isn't designed in having 6-40 people in a raid group entering the same bg, hence my complaint.

    And no I don't complain just when i lose, when I enter a bg on the same side as a premade I either leave if they're holding the flag (if in ctf map) or cap the flag as quickly as possible if they don't. The amount of flaming I've gotten from doing the second is hilarious.
    So you're ok with having an unfair advantage so long as it falls within the letter of the law?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  12. #52
    Preform AV Enabler is ok, but there are better tools out there for making a premade BG group. This activity has been around since vanilla - Blizzard would end up banning millions accounts if they suddenly decided to take action against it.

    Frankly, I think Blizzard should just build the functionality into the game. Being one lone guy with 39 pugs in AV is not fun at all. Being 35+ premade strong changes this, and makes it extremely fun. I joined a guild for a reason - to play with people I like. Why should I be limited to only taking 4 friends with me to a 40-man BG?

  13. #53
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,166
    Shame on you people calling working together in an organized group an unfair advantage in PvP. Nothing unfair about cooperation.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    Preform AV Enabler is ok, but there are better tools out there for making a premade BG group. This activity has been around since vanilla - Blizzard would end up banning millions accounts if they suddenly decided to take action against it.

    Frankly, I think Blizzard should just build the functionality into the game. Being one lone guy with 39 pugs in AV is not fun at all. Being 35+ premade strong changes this, and makes it extremely fun. I joined a guild for a reason - to play with people I like. Why should I be limited to only taking 4 friends with me to a 40-man BG?
    Did you actually play during vanilla or are you just making stuff up to sound knowledgeable?

    You were able to queue as a big raid but Blizzard intentionally removed that from the game and forced single queue only for a while before relaxing it to party queue.

  15. #55
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Did you actually play during vanilla or are you just making stuff up to sound knowledgeable?

    You were able to queue as a big raid but Blizzard intentionally removed that from the game and forced single queue only for a while before relaxing it to party queue.
    Hell, you could do that in Wrath IIRC.

  16. #56
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    lol if your so against it, why not form your own premade?? this addon was made purely for pvp guilds that wish to do apparently what your soo against.

    also, to my knowledge there has only been one addon that blizz took a stance against, in the form of changing something about the code therefore making the addon useless...blizzard wont flat out ban some addons simply because they give one side a unfair advantage...brings me back to, the only way to possibly "combat" this (if combat is even the right word) would be to fight fire with fire

    my 2c
    I'll try to dig up the post on the EU forums, but Blizzard does not like this add-on. They are actively trying to find a way to break this add-on or call it an exploit because it is breaking the balance of pugged battle grounds. If you like playing with your friends cross server or like doing premade battlegrounds then do rated battlegrounds. If you're not good enough to hack it then get better.
    Edit: I'll have to look when i get home. Work runs on an archaic form of IE (I want to say IE6?) that bugs most web pages out...
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2012-09-10 at 08:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  17. #57
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    If you like playing with your friends cross server or like doing premade battlegrounds then do rated battlegrounds.
    You know, sometimes we have friends that aren't at the same rating. I'm at 2050 rating, while my warrior friend is at 2110, while my hpal friend is at 1981, while my rdruid friend is at 1781, while my hunter friend doesn't rbg at all...

    Sometimes you have to think of others.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Hell, you could do that in Wrath IIRC.
    Which one could you do during Wrath? I didn't do much of battlegrounds during that expansion. I do know it was only possible to single-queue for AV during the latter parts of TBC. (when these mods started coming out to bypass that restriction)

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Did you actually play during vanilla or are you just making stuff up to sound knowledgeable?

    You were able to queue as a big raid but Blizzard intentionally removed that from the game and forced single queue only for a while before relaxing it to party queue.
    Curse does have previous versions of Preform dating back to December 2006, so that coincides with Vanilla, although admittedly this was right near the very end of Vanilla (TBC was Jan 2007). Party queue wasn't added back to AV until patch 2.4.0 in March 2008.

    That fits my memories - until recently, I only PVP'd in vanilla and early TBC. And not that it matters, but I've played since day 1 (or before if you count open beta).

  20. #60
    The addon doesnt do anything that you cant do yourself, i have no idea why you are complaining about it other than maybe not knowing how it actually works. Seems like your just annoyed at premades and this is the only real thing you can find that you think you can put some of the blame on.

    All the addon does is let 1 person know that everyone in the group has a que pop or not.
    This can be done using vent or even raid chat, all this addon does is make the process slightly easier.

    In comparison, Its pretty much no different from the DBM you would use in BGs that tells you how long the flags have left... its all information available to the player, its just made easier to see, and it gives you an advantage because you just see it faster.


    From my experience, AV Preform is fairly unreliable anyway, most premades going for achievements or Honor Kills, at least from OpenRaid will simply make several 5 man groups and then que and over vent say when the que pops, much faster and more accurate than Preform could ever be.
    At least that way, for a 40 man BG your more likely to have more of your groups together. So odds are, a lot of the premades you fight against are actually using the system as its fully intended.


    Removing this addon is useless, if you really wanted to stop what it does you would need to change the entire process of entering a battleground.
    Possible ways could be
    Forcing you to take a BG pop or take the debuff would address the issue of trying to force premades together for example, but something like that would just really suck).
    Streamlining all BG start times so that when your BG que pops, its because ALL new BGs have just started, for games like WSG that have a timer this would work well. This would increase the difficulty of pulling together 5 man groups or Preform groups.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2012-09-11 at 02:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •