Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Pre-form AV enabler

Any news on blizzard taking any action against this addon?

Sick of this crap 8-10 man premades in 10v10 bgs. Don't even understand why people are doing it still, surely with account wide achievements you have 100k or 250k hks by now?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol if your so against it, why not form your own premade?? this addon was made purely for pvp guilds that wish to do apparently what your soo against.

also, to my knowledge there has only been one addon that blizz took a stance against, in the form of changing something about the code therefore making the addon useless...blizzard wont flat out ban some addons simply because they give one side a unfair advantage...brings me back to, the only way to possibly "combat" this (if combat is even the right word) would be to fight fire with fire

my 2c

But I like playing with friends....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If you hate Cheese Sammiches, eat Cheese Sammiches to show how much you're against them!
    yes because you know food and addons are sooo totally alike....but you could also use this logic to the OP's argument

i hate cheese sammiches, so blizz why arent you doing anything to ban cheese sammiches

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    yes because you know food and addons are sooo totally alike....but you could also use this logic to the OP's argument

i hate cheese sammiches, so blizz why arent you doing anything to ban cheese sammiches
    More along the lines of "I hate cheese sammiches so Blizzard why are you allowing them to eat cheese sammiches?".
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The ability to use this addon to enter a RANDOM BG should be disabled. It bypasses Blizz's own constraint of allowing a group of five into a BG.

I have no problem with people PvP'ing with their friends and that is what RBG's are for. The only reason I can see that a large group of friends would do this is to faceroll the opposition (who are likely to be ten random people with little to no co-ordination).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i can agree but the reason why they do it is because they wanna faceroll a bunch of random people with their friends....isnt that the reason why they do random bgs is because they feel like killing people??? because unless they are a bg hero, most pvpers dont go into a bg to take a it super derper serious

they generally go in there, maybe follow the objective a couple times to secure a win then just farm HKs...at least thats what i would do xD

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Blizzard couldn't care what you think about PVP. Blizzard themselves don't even care about PvP. My tip, form your own premade... that's what I did all the time. When I still played, I was that very prick that would have a gang of 10 people in a BG, all with t2 weps and what not. It's fun, but slaughtering people over and over is only fun for a short time.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    LOL Blizzard couldn't care what you think about PVP. Blizzard themselves don't even care about PvP. My tip, form your own premade... that's what I did all the time. When I still played, I was that very prick that would have a gang of 10 people in a BG, all with t2 weps and what not. It's fun, but slaughtering people over and over is only fun for a short time.

this is what i thought, it can only be fun for a little while, but this long after realid was released, people are STILL doing it?

I don't mind people who want to play with friends and such, but honestly who has 9 other people online at the same time who they can really call a "friend" (not some random you met off forums asking to form premades) who is interested in pvp and wants to do a premade with you? It'd have to be organised ahead of time and a specific time set.

I play bgs with my friends all the time, 2-5 of us (rarely ever more than 3) and we already do very well in 10mans because 3 people coordinating is a big impact in a 10vs10 situation

10 people all on voice comms dominating 10 randoms who probably still have some people in levelling gear does not seem, to me at least, any kind of sustainable entertainment because it's almost as bad as pve.

Also blizzard have stated they do not condone the use of this addon they just won't punish anyone for using it. It's clearly not possible to do very easily within the game mechanics and using a 3rd party program to enable something that's not already available in the game just really feels like exploiting to me.

I like organized AVs. This is a good addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Any news on blizzard taking any action against this addon?

Sick of this crap 8-10 man premades in 10v10 bgs. Don't even understand why people are doing it still, surely with account wide achievements you have 100k or 250k hks by now?
    i have almost 350k hks across all my toons

doesn't mean i enjoy bgs with my friends any less.

nothing makes me sadder then having friend number six and seven come online and say "hey vlad, can i get in on that bg action?" and have to tell them " sorry my group is full"

i love all my friends!
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    It's sooo not fun to meet a premade group, if you're queuing alone but there's several reasons to why I myself love this add-on.

First of all, a guildie on mine is now the highest rated EU player on OR due to this. He's been making AV and IoC Honorable Kill farms since OR started and people just love this. No way I could get that many HK's, had it not been for AV Enabler. Going a premade group of 10 people into BG's (except AV, IoC and SotA) makes it possible to do the achievements for Battlemaster, achievements that would otherwise be really hard or take ages to get.

Then there's the social part. We're always lots of people from multiple servers, we've met through OR and we want to have fun together. Specially now where classes are so imbalanced, you really want a premade group for BG's. Going RBG is to achieve a victory, doing premade random BG's, is to have fun in a more relaxed atmosphere and you don't have to be "in to" more serious PvP, in order to have a chance at winning i.e the right set-up.

So while I can understand your frustration, I also have to ask, how often you actually meet these 10 man premades. Cause I rarely meet them and I do BG's a lot. I do however often meet groups of 5 man premade and I also meet 2x5 man premade and they don't use the add-on. Every time you have a full group of 5 people with 2 healers and 3 dps, you're pretty sure to lose, unless they actually suck.

So tbh I think your complaint is rather silly and to ban AV enabler would just be sad.

it's not even 10 man. I meet 6-8 man premades daily and that's enough in a 10v10 to completely stomp the other team.

I just wish blizz could somehow categorize premade bgs with the random ones (they already have to an extent with rated bgs), im sure most people won't object to fighting another premade team.

It just seems to me we need to bring skirmishes back but with bgs involved and some kind of special queuing system for AV where you actually are allowed to join as a raid group.

Got sick of trying to argue and debate about it on the european servers like a civilised person and tried a couple out at one point, wish they'd just fucking make Random random only with 1-3 friends to fit in with this new scenario feel and everyone that wants premades for kills, organised pvp, feeling part of a large, coordinated team with garanteed healers or just 'cause they like the lulz of killing random spackos repeatedly put into a seperate queue to play against other premade teams.

Watch them die out, and then the whole process repeat itself in another MMO or WoW again in a couple of years time.

Yay.

Fuck me sideways.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    As I said, even without AV enabler (which this topic is about and not 5 man premades), people are still able to queue up 5 people. In TP or WSG that's normally a guaranteed win. And to prevent 5 man groups to queue for random BG's is even more silly.

I really don't see the big issue in this. I've met "tons" of premade teams, when queued alone or just with 1 other person and yes it sucks. But you do have the option of leaving, soak teh 15 min debuff and queue again. You don't have to stay in a BG that's nothing but a GY farm fest and waiting 15 mins isn't really the end of the day.

Also, you both managed to ignore one of the main reasons, many people queue as a group or with AV enabler; going for Battlemaster achievements or to grind reputation. In WSG you don't reputation, unless you win, it's that simple. So I think it makes sense, why people are doing this and no, it's not just to kill random people repeatedly.

This is kinda like complaining about world PvP, while being on a PvP server. Or complaining about a group of people ganking you out in the open, would you want to prevent that from happening as well?

Easiest solution - Bring your own team and gank back or soak a debuff and queue up again.

As a reminder, you will always see more premade teams at the end of a Tier or Expansion. People have nothing else to do and they get to play around with their new specs.

So yeah, chillax and don't make it worse than it is really.

Edit: I bet none of you mind, if you join a WSG or TP that consists of a premade group of 8 people
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-09-08 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    As I said, even without AV enabler (which this topic is about and not 5 man premades), people are still able to queue up 5 people. In TP or WSG that's normally a guaranteed win. And to prevent 5 man groups to queue for random BG's is even more silly.
    5mans are beatable and once I've managed to overcome a 6man premade in WSG with 3 friends. The more in the premade, the less likely the other side is going to win because fighting together is how you win. Plus the inevitable fact that you will likely have more healers and people peeling for them.

5 is ok, it's within the game design, we accepted that fact and can plan for it.

I really don't see the big issue in this. I've met "tons" of premade teams, when queued alone or just with 1 other person and yes it sucks. But you do have the option of leaving, soak teh 15 min debuff and queue again. You don't have to stay in a BG that's nothing but a GY farm fest and waiting 15 mins isn't really the end of the day.
    That's 15 minutes I could have spent on a real bg. This game isn't free you know.

Also, you both managed to ignore one of the main reasons, many people queue as a group or with AV enabler; going for Battlemaster achievements or to grind reputation. In WSG you don't reputation, unless you win, it's that simple. So I think it makes sense, why people are doing this and no, it's not just to kill random people repeatedly.
    The achievements were set in place assuming you DIDN'T use this addon. Achievements are supposed to be like that, hard to get. That's why they're called achievements not stepping stones.

Some are obviously harder than others and therefore hold more prestige and command respect. Now we just have to look at the date of you "AV perfection" and just sigh at you and realise you got it in one of those 40 man premades organised on the forums.

This is kinda like complaining about world PvP, while being on a PvP server. Or complaining about a group of people ganking you out in the open, would you want to prevent that from happening as well?
    It's NOTHING like world pvp on a pvp server. I knew full well what I signed up for before I rolled a character on a pvp server and even if I didn't the rules are there in place and are unbiased. This addon, as I've said before, is not condoned by blizzard but they just won't take any action on it because it's not high on their priority list and they're too lazy/overworked to provide a solution. However it still means this addon is borderline exploiting and I will never use this addon and look down on anyone who uses it.

If you want organised pvp, there's rated battlegrounds, wargames.

However nobody uses wargames to arrange 40v40 because the primary goal is to, you guessed it, farm easy achievements and hks.

People using this addon are just looking for a cheap way to get achievement points they are missing or just smack a bunch of unorganised randoms about.

There are tools ingame to provide fair fights and they don't use those, they use this addon instead to give themselves an unfair advantage.

Easiest solution - Bring your own team and gank back or soak a debuff and queue up again.
    What's the point in that? I would just play rated battlegrounds if I wanted 10vs10 against another organised team.

As a reminder, you will always see more premade teams at the end of a Tier or Expansion. People have nothing else to do and they get to play around with their new specs.
    I don't see how spamming PvE rotations into players while you're being healed can be fun.

Edit: I bet none of you mind, if you join a WSG or TP that consists of a premade group of 8 people
    In fact I mind a lot. It just turns into a GY farm and if I manage to get the flag before one of the premade spackos do then I turn it in immediately.

If WoW still allowed 10 people to group together and queue, I wouldn't mind the addon. But it's circumventing the system Blizz set in place, meaning it's giving people an advantage Blizz supposedly put forth effort to remove. If you want to run together with 10 people, there are rated BGs for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do a 10M premade without the addon. Just have a 3rd person count down in vent for the 2 party leaders to queue as party. Then call out when the queues pop and go by ear.

Deleted
    Part of my reply was directed at Frazzle.d, I should have made that more clear.

But you can keep talking from now to the end of the world about how bad this add-on is or how it's not intended etc. The fact is, that the add-on has been around for a very long time. The only reason it got so popular, is because of OR.

With OR allowing people to do cross realm BG's, made the add-on even more useful and Blizz must have known that, when they made OR. If they really thought the add-on is so game breaking as you make it sound, why didn't they just ban it?

I don't know if you've ever used OR or even visited the site. But I can tell you, that there's so many BG groups going non stop.

About the achievements; I know very well that they were not intended to be achieved in a premade group of 5-10-40 people but the fact is, that only the non-personal achievements as Alterac Blitz and the like are being done in 40 man premades. Nobody is going for 1 persons 50 retake of a GY, so the farming achievements is mostly done in minor groups of 5 or 10.

Again, I feel you ignore what I say. Cause I already stated, why many people don't wanna do RBG's. And I never mentioned anything about PvE rotations, when I talked about testing out your new spec. Cause we're not talking about PvE (another example of you twisting my words or ignoring what I said), we're talking PvP. People wanna see, how their class works in PvP.
    You also completely ignored the part about people being bored out of their minds atm. There's nothing left to do in-game until MoP, so it's rather natural that people go to BG's to have some fun.

And generalizing all premade teams is just silly. You talk as if every single premade WSG team does nothing but turtle and GY farm, again ignoring what i previously said about grinding reputation for instance. I can't count the number of times my friends and I have gone into WSG with only 1 purpose - Winning and winning fast.

In any case, you're the one who has an issue with this add-on, not those who use it. So why should people who use AV Enabler go do Wargames or RBG, just because you don't like it?

I'd suggest that you go do RBG's or Wargames, cause that way you ensure, that you won't be GY farmed or have to spend time with "spackos" w/e that means.

Overall AV Enabler seems to be a very small issue compared to many other things and in the end this is not the place to complain about something you want changed. Go to the official forums, cause on MMO, you'll only get a debate that in the end leads to nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should take action against this by removing the need for the add on in the first place. Players should be supported for taking the time to organize a group and work cooperatively; not attacked because the lazy casual player feels it's unfair the other team works together. It's an MMO FFS, Grouping together should be supported by Blizzard, not penalized.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.