Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    You know, sometimes we have friends that aren't at the same rating. I'm at 2050 rating, while my warrior friend is at 2110, while my hpal friend is at 1981, while my rdruid friend is at 1781, while my hunter friend doesn't rbg at all...

Sometimes you have to think of others.
    You don't need to be at the same rating to do Rated Battlegrounds. If you're so hell bent on playing with your friends then that is what 5 man groups and rated for lager groups is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    You don't need to be at the same rating to do Rated Battlegrounds. If you're so hell bent on playing with your friends then that is what 5 man groups and rated for lager groups is for.
    The way the rating system is designed you cant just go and group with your friends and just go play some BGs. Youl wreck your rating, drag inexperienced people up to higher levels of skill/gear and just have a terrible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you know you can queue with 4 other people WITHOUT circumventing the game mechanics right?

You can play rated battlegrounds with 9 (NINE!) other people without doing it too!
    but i have more then 4 friends... lots more. i want to play with all of them!
    rbgs require specific comps to run successfully. if you just want to goof around with your friends you can't do rbgs. ( plus i play ret, rets don't get rbg invites)

seriously. why do people have problems with premades in random bgs. its not like random bgs matter,they are for fun and sitting on skype with friends, drinking beer and killing horde is fun.

plus nothing is going to stop you from making your own premade.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    seriously. why do people have problems with premades in random bgs. its not like random bgs matter,they are for fun and sitting on skype with friends, drinking beer and killing horde alliance is fun.
    I fixed that for you.

People like to play with friends, sometimes you have more than 5 friends wanting to play.

I don't see a problem with it.
    Hi Sephurik

but i have more then 4 friends... lots more. i want to play with all of them!
    rbgs require specific comps to run successfully. if you just want to goof around with your friends you can't do rbgs. ( plus i play ret, rets don't get rbg invites)

seriously. why do people have problems with premades in random bgs. its not like random bgs matter,they are for fun and sitting on skype with friends, drinking beer and killing horde is fun.

plus nothing is going to stop you from making your own premade.
    Fun for who, its actually meant to be fun for both sides, 1 organised side of friends on voice chat = a win. Simple answer is to match premades, you wait longer but hey its fun playing with your friends against other ppl playing with their friends. Less fun I suspect than playing with your friends and winning all the time, but there again that might be fairer.
    Last edited by Aaryki; 2012-09-11 at 04:58 PM.

Can you honestly say that farming people at a graveyard is fun for more than half an hour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you honestly say that farming people at a graveyard is fun for more than half an hour?
    This.

It's pretty much the same as the whole Twinking discussion we had a few years ago. Twinks apparently didn't do it for the zerg. They didn't do it to feel powerful and unstoppable. They did it because they wanted to maximize their characters and match up to other twinks. Well, that died out quickly when XP-off brackets were introduced. All of a sudden being matched up to equals wasn't as much fun anymore.

Same goes for this.
    Warlock (SL main)

and inb4 "what about those people who just want to win AB/WSG fast for rep"

Why so serious? Are you having FUN basically turning the game into some grind for some arbitrary number and achievement that means absolutely nothing?

Not sure about you guys but I go into battlegrounds to pvp not farm rep. If I wanted to farm rep it'd be for some faction where I could get something useful from.

10+ Year Old Account
    and inb4 "what about those people who just want to win AB/WSG fast for rep"

Why so serious? Are you having FUN basically turning the game into some grind for some arbitrary number and achievement that means absolutely nothing?

Not sure about you guys but I go into battlegrounds to pvp not farm rep. If I wanted to farm rep it'd be for some faction where I could get something useful from.
    Because that's the game was designed around grinding. People want rep for achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because that's the game was designed around grinding. People want rep for achievements.

It's a grind, sure. But not at the expense of fun.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it. Yes. PvP is PvP. The more people that QQ and rage quit the better. Call me a bully. Call me an ass (I am ya know) then so be it. If my fun comes at your cost, then take your football and go home little kiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    It's a grind, sure. But not at the expense of fun.
    There something im missing?
    What part of having to play for the exact same game, hundreds of times, for over 200 hours is fun? And thats only the best case scenario...

As an achievement hunter with almost nothing left to get, these reps are one of the few things left to do and anything to make them faster is welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    I'll say it. Yes. PvP is PvP. The more people that QQ and rage quit the better. Call me a bully. Call me an ass (I am ya know) then so be it. If my fun comes at your cost, then take your football and go home little kiddie.
    Your forum picture matches your comment perfectly. Hilarious
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2012-09-11 at 09:02 PM.

Farming the GY is fun.

It seriously is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Farming the GY is fun.

It seriously is.
    I agree.
    There are few things more fun than slaughtering Alliance at the GY with your team, with a few of them being in Skype with you, and laughing at the Alliance's futile efforts of escape / fighting back.
    Their despair fuels me.

Especially before patch 5.0.4 when there was no PvP power, so I could be in near-full BiS PvE gear, wrecking them to shreds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    Your forum picture matches your comment perfectly. Hilarious
    Working as intended!

why are people still using this crap this early in the expansion?

why are people still using this crap this early in the expansion?
    because its faster to grind honor with wins then it is loses?
    because playing with your friends is STILL more fun than playing alone?

stop bitching about it.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Rated BGs are for premades, use them to play with 10 of your friends. And use random to play with only a couple of friends.
    Problem solved, why still make it so difficult?

because its faster to grind honor with wins then it is loses?
    because playing with your friends is STILL more fun than playing alone?

stop bitching about it.
    it's faster to wait 30mins+ to get your group of 8+ into the same bg?

right.

I play with my friends all the time, we just don't take 10 man premades into the same bg together.