Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arah Explorable -- <spoilers inside>

Giganticus Lupicus. Has anybody downed him in live? He's the last boss of Arah Explorable and we can't get past phase 2. Phase 1 is easy. CC Grubs so he can't eat them and stack his power/armor buff. Once he gets to phase 2 and ports around to players and does massive AOE we just get owned. The AOEs don't all appear at once either, so you can dodge out of one into a newly spawned one. They hit for 13k Damage and he often times stacks them on top of each other, so all of my party members excluding me (Necro 29k HP) get insta gibbed. Maybe there's something we're missing, but we just can't seem to get past this phase let alone put a dent in him during this phase.

Has anybody killed him in LIVE (he was much easier in beta) that can give any tips?

Edit: It's not gear either we are all fully "Best in Slot" in exotics.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-09-05 at 07:24 PM.

Awwwww...put a spoiler tag in it pl0x

Quote Originally Posted by Cpand671 View Post
    Has anybody killed him in LIVE (he was much easier in beta) that can give any tips?
    Uhhhh.. who exactly did Arah explorable in beta? Unless of course you're referring to people who were in the super closed internal beta, which they.. you know.. wouldn't tell you about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not reading thread but you should get a mod to change title and add spoiler warning
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Uhhhh.. who exactly did Arah explorable in beta? Unless of course you're referring to people who were in the super closed internal beta, which they.. you know.. wouldn't tell you about.
    Two people in our guild were in closed beta. It wasn't internal.

Two people in our guild were in closed beta. It wasn't internal.
    I doubt that, and it was pretty close to being internal. If it spread too far out of close friends/family, there would have been a lot more leaks than there were.

I doubt that, and it was pretty close to being internal. If it spread too far out of close friends/family, there would have been a lot more leaks than there were.
    It wasn't internal, or close to being internal. It may have been selective, but not anything internalish about it. These guys that were in it can back it up with knowledge of a bunch of level 80 events and dungeon mechanics that helped us do them when we were the only 80s in the high end zones. Why we are even talking about this is beyond me, it's not the topic of this thread, and not something I would lie about, so can we get past this please?

when we were the only 80s in the high end zones.
    Wurld furst.
    Anyways, I doubt anyone here will be able to help you. Not a huge amount of people are that far yet.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's not the last boss, he's the half way mark of all 4 explorable paths.

here's our video. http://youtu.be/11djaxcpwDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    He's not the last boss, he's the half way mark of all 4 explorable paths.

here's our video. http://youtu.be/11djaxcpwDQ
    I swear i thought i was watching a WoW raid boss there. The way you were stacked and all that.

Anyways, nice video, kinda nice seeing Giganticus Lupicus in the game.

It wasn't internal, it had a fair amount of people in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    gave him a Real spine chil: Pics or it dident hapen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqsI6WkZJK8&feature=plcp here u go

Essentially first part is easymode if you stack and don't dodge. Problem is that he's the first (and probably only) boss in the game to require this, so people don't really realise they need to work WoW-style tactics.

Key to P2 is timing. You need to dodge after he lands all the red zones, but before they "blow up". It's kinda lame in that regard, basically about dicking around with his huge health pool while mechanically dodging at exact right moment.

Third is about not standing in the crap and ressing fast. And not having any stacks on him from P1.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I swear i thought i was watching a WoW raid boss there.
    GW2 dungeons are not like WoW dungeons. They are literally 5 man raids.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    GW2 dungeons are not like WoW dungeons. They are literally 5 man raids.
    I know I know, i've been doin em for some time now.

He is really easy once you realize what to do.

Phase 1 = all 5 together, let your melee which you probably have a couple, kill the grubs/locusts, rest on him or if they have AoE, in my case Chaos Storm, to help out with locust when they are many.

Phase 2 = Moment he turns Immune, run, as far away as possible and just keep running, having a running speed buff makes phase 2 easy mode same goes for every time he goes immune to "teleport" to a player, just dodge him that moment or make sure you were running.

His aoe its the same, its 5-6 aoes hitting for 15k each, the best part would be to run and dodge after cause he likes to time his auto-attack on whoever has agroo at the same time the last ~2 of his AoE land, and you get hit for 15k anyway from his auto attack, and if timed correctly, whoever has agroo dodges everything, also if you are really far away, he wont send anything to you, so try to in-out him if you cant dodge properly.

Phase 3 = Dont try to escape the circle he closes you in and dodge inside of it , not really easy, many times you end up at the edge and die ;p and dont let him life drain you, kite and spank mostly, breath might down you if you dont realize it its on you to dodge it, and his melee dragonball like spam of bolts can hurt if you dont react fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downed him for the first time over a week ago and haven't been back since. Can't even remember what we did exactly, but it only took my group 3 attempts.

15+ Year Old Account
    WAIT.

I thought GW2 didn't make challenging end game content?

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I know I know, i've been doin em for some time now.
    It's funny how people don't know this
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    WAIT.

I thought GW2 didn't make challenging end game content?

That is supposed to be challenging?