Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    If so, that just makes your posts even more sad. A real crybaby.

From what I've read, glyphed Holy Shock crits were capable of one shotting most players well into the Outland levels (and possibly beyond?) and if it didn't crit and kill you, a glyphed WoG probably did.

BTW don't most mobs at that level have under 600 health? lol
    Before hotfix:

Holy shock was grossly overpowered till level 85
    Holy shock was hugely overpowered from 85 to 89
    Holy shock was overpowered when used with avenging wrath at 90 and slightly OP when not in avenging wrath (at 90 with pvp gear)

After Hotfix

Holy shock is doing ridiculously low damage till level 85
    Holy shock is realy low damage 85 to 89
    Holy shock is even doing less damage than our castable spell at 90

I think holy paladins just want a middle therm... but, as always, blizzard nerfs and buffs by 50-75% at a time, no clue why such drastic steps lol

Hopefuly they'll hotfix it back to perhaps 20-30% more damage than after the previous hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Before hotfix:

Holy shock was grossly overpowered till level 85
    Holy shock was hugely overpowered from 85 to 89
    Holy shock was overpowered when used with avenging wrath at 90 and slightly OP when not in avenging wrath (at 90 with pvp gear)

After Hotfix

Holy shock is doing ridiculously low damage till level 85
    Holy shock is realy low damage 85 to 89
    Holy shock is even doing less damage than our castable spell at 90

I think holy paladins just want a middle therm... but, as always, blizzard nerfs and buffs by 50-75% at a time, no clue why such drastic steps lol

Hopefuly they'll hotfix it back to perhaps 20-30% more damage than after the previous hotfix.
    Paladins have spells other than Holy Shock, right?

Just logged my paladin and thought something was not right. Went from 109k crits on a target dummy to 40k. Fun while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Afaik a Blood DK in patch 4.2 did all three roles, DPS, Tank and Heal.
    5.0.4 is better. I was doing 60 - 80K DPS in LFR on Bosses, while being second in healing, and holding agro the entire time :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Paladins have spells other than Holy Shock, right?
    Ah.... sarcasm, so fresh and new!

Yes, we have. Two other if you are talking about damage spells. One is a finisher that you can only use every 18 seconds if you have a glyph and the other is a castable spell that hits like a wet noodle. You can also count judgement as a damage spell, but it does less damage than our wet noodle aswell.

I can tell you the names of the spells if you don't know them, or even link them, just don't be shy to ask.

As i said, i don't want to be OP, i just want to be able to solo stuff, like in PVE leveling stuff. If the PVP damage was overpowered (wich i already admited it was), then nerf the burst potential, not out ability to level as a healer... wich is so pre-TBC not being able to do.
    Last edited by mmoc40e5aa3799; 2012-09-06 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Well, it was needed, it was ridicoulus (even if it was hilarious to slaughter people in BG's for once, and not the one getting slaughtered. ;D ). But still, feels rather weak, why would I now sacrifice healing just a little bit more damage? They could at least take away the healing reduction on the glyph then.

And I still ask, why the plipers dont they just make Shockadins a spec, like druids have had four specs all this time. It would probably be far easier to balance. Maybe not, but I think it would be. : p

10+ Year Old Account
    But ...but...I was able to two-hit Chillmaw Couldn't they just have waited till I got those 150 Champion's Seals? :P

To be fair this was always going to be a problem. Long ago I pointed out pumping all of Holy's dps into Holy Shock was going to cause problems, particularly in conjunction with Sanctified Wrath (remember when it made Holy Shock spammable?!). Even levelling you spend most your time just waiting for Holy Shock so you can actually do some damage.

The current nerfs pull Holy Shock out of being useful, however. Make the glphed damage be the base damage and make the glyph do something else, ie your Holy Shock causes your Denounce to do 30% more damage for the next 10 seconds. Makes Holy Shock part of a rotation but forces the damage to come from a spell that can be interrupted and roots to the spot.

Same old story for paladins, blizzard wants to give us damage, just buff a certain ability to OP levels. When the QQ starts, which they know it will, just nerf it till its weaker than it was before.

This is how blizzard 'buffs' paladins.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't receive a dmg boost, Shockadin should get a new name as Holy Shock will not be in your rotation :P Perhaps if enough people make a ticket wondering why Holy Shock is suddenly useless, without even any patch notes, they might investigate if they overnerfed it.

I personally love holy dps specs. Too bad they are always made worthless Energizer spec was great fun too.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Agree with the nerf of burst damage, low levels one shotting people in pvp is silly ( but i secretly did love it) as the burst damage from it now is lower it would be nice to see some sort of DoT added to the end even if only a little to match it with a priests holy fire

Deleted
    Blue post on the hotfix:

"
    In a recent hotfix to the game, we reduced the base damage and increased the spellpower coefficient of Holy Shock.

Details:
    At level 10, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 85%.
    At level 85, with LFR gear, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 39%.
    At level 90, with normal raid gear, Holy Shock damage will be approximately equal.

"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9376?page=4#68

So, if this is true, holy shock will scale very well and at level 90 we'll be able to quest as holy back again, lets hope the transition from 85 to 90 is a smooth one in therms of leveling as holy aswell.

Holy Shock is buffed again (at 85). At 85:

Denounce: 16.2k
    Holy Shock: 23.7k
    Harsh Words: 23.9k

That's more like it. It's no longer completely OP but it is still worth using in a rotation. By comparison after the initial nerf it was doing about 15k for me. Before any nerfs at all it hit for over 30k. This feels about right now. Hopefully no more changes.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2012-09-07 at 05:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's more like it Just hope that doesn't mean at level 84 it still does 85% less damage, and only at 85 will it be 39% instead.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Holy Shock is buffed again (at 85). At 85:

Denounce: 16.2k
    Holy Shock: 23.7k
    Harsh Words: 23.9k

That's more like it. It's no longer completely OP but it is still worth using in a rotation. By comparison after the initial nerf it was doing about 15k for me. Before any nerfs at all it hit for over 30k. This feels about right now. Hopefully no more changes.
    With glyph or witout it ?

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    With glyph or witout it ?
    Sorry, with.