Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else just get /dced?

i just got disconected while killing the giant fire elemental in the 50-60 zone cant remember the name, now i cant log back in!

Same here for me and my girlfriend, cant get back on neither :<

yes, everyone got dc'd

Yeah same here, EU servers.

The hamster died. RIP. Replacement incoming, hang on and it will work again.

Yeah same here I was almost level 66 when I got dc'd. I managed to get onto the character screen and it now says im level 63. I still can't log in though I hope its just a bug im going to be pissed if I lose almost 3 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    i just got disconected while killing the giant fire elemental in the 50-60 zone cant remember the name, now i cant log back in!
    Funny you should say that, I got disconnected right now too and everyone on vent. Some guy on vent says he saw this guy die a fiery death by fire elemental and then, just before he DC'ed he saw the fire elemental loot all this guy's armour and left him naked on the ground.

I got dced a few minutes ago yeah but back in now.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

MIght be true, I hear lots of ppl losing between 1 to 3 levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Yeah same here I was almost level 66 when I got dc'd. I managed to get onto the character screen and it now says im level 63. I still can't log in though I hope its just a bug im going to be pissed if I lose almost 3 levels.
    Oh dear i really hope theres no rollback, i havnt seen a rollback on a mmo since the early days of wow

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    The hamster died. RIP. Replacement incoming, hang on and it will work again.

You'd think with all that money they could afford a back up hampster.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The databases behind the game are oracle based. If something died they'll be restoring a daily backup (probably a snapshot) then rolling forward with the real-time logs. You'll be fine. I've played since beta and yet to see any amount of DC related problems result in a rollback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Yes. And I’m starting to die inside slowly.

I was going to start making a crafting guide but the wiki is down to and thats where i was planning to steal most of the data from :P

When you log back in all your progress over the last 4 hours will be lost

Its false, no progress is lost. Everything is okay. Pew. Thought I was doomed for a minute there

Anyone managed to get back on yet (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Its false, no progress is lost. Everything is okay. Pew. Thought I was doomed for a minute there
    Idd, login might be screwed. It told me I was 49 while in live I was 52, 1 min later the client connected to live and it is indeed 52.

Restarted router, still no change cant log in (EU), other mmo's work fine so its GW2 problem.

I've a feeling its got something todo with the dam trading post not working again........

From their Twitter:

"We are aware of login issues and are investigating. ^MK"

EDIT: Just as I post the above, this comes up:

"The login issue should be fixed, I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused. ^MK "
    Last edited by Triage; 2012-09-05 at 08:32 PM.