Dungeon question

I just attempted AC with a group, and of course someone left because "it was late" (why even join a group then?) Anyway, the group fell apart because of this. Everyone claimed you can't replace a person once you've started, otherwise the instance resets? Can't just one person leave the instance to find a replacement? Or would that still reset it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I just attempted AC with a group, and of course someone left because "it was late" (why even join a group then?) Anyway, the group fell apart because of this. Everyone claimed you can't replace a person once you've started, otherwise the instance resets? Can't just one person leave the instance to find a replacement? Or would that still reset it?
    It WAS like this to make it so you can't repair your gear during a run, however this got a lot of complaints due to things like D/Cs and leavers from ruining the whole thing so instead they removed tons of waypoints in instances but got rid of the reset mechanic, he'll they even added an anvil to repair your gear at!! So your group was wrong, you CAN recruit someone else!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It WAS like this to make it so you can't repair your gear during a run, however this got a lot of complaints due to things like D/Cs and leavers from ruining the whole thing so instead they removed tons of waypoints in instances but got rid of the reset mechanic, he'll they even added an anvil to repair your gear at!! So your group was wrong, you CAN recruit someone else!
    So we fell apart for nothing.... >_< I kept telling them I'd try to find someone else. I even left the instance and everyone was still inside, so I said, "I think it will work," but they still left. Ugh...impatient people. Thank you for the reply!

The dungeons often bug out if you bring in a replacement in our experience. Either not allowing the new recruit to enter or generating new instances from scratch for different party members.

Not sure how to fix this actually. But would like to know as we [guild] have just given up on even trying dungeons due to all the problems just zoning into them.

I am being patient for the dungeon runs. I haven't tried any yet. Brand new game. Needs some patience.
    There is a ton of stuff to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will reset the entire instance if you exit and bring in another player. Not sure why? I would expect it to be fixed soon.