Thread: Server hopping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    From what I was told, they transferred there because the queue times were horrible. OR maybe it was the other way around.. Maybe they transferred off Henge. I don't remember. All I know is they transferred because of queue times.
    They started on henge the moment of headstart release and have been there since. They haven't left yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they do soon considering they can't get their people in WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    my server isn't even full and map chat is 'like barrens chat'

it's called being on the internet on a public channel, it never actually changes.
    Tarnished Coast wasn't like that at all. I only left because it was too quiet. I went from one extreme to the other. >_<

even the lower pop servers have long wvwvw queues. they need overflow pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Server hopping is worthless imo. I'm in that camp that refuses to touch WvW until it switches properly to the 2-week battles.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on Furgesons Crossing. Seems to have decent population but no clue on the WvWvW side. Server hoping seems silly since populations are going to fluctuate a lot right now with free xfers and being so early to release.

GF picked Henge because her LoL buddies were there so there we went. 2 days into leveling our characters they tell us they're transferring cause the queue's are shit. She doesn't want to leave. Big fight ensued so we've been playing tf2 for the past 2 nights. Good times.

IMO the queues are going to be bad everywhere, and it will be unless the huge influx of players starts to die down.

About the only thing I can think of them doing to alleviate this is add more maps for all 3 servers to fight over. Which could hurt in the long term when populations start to stabilize. Don't want ghost maps...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    IMO the queues are going to be bad everywhere, and it will be unless the huge influx of players starts to die down.

About the only thing I can think of them doing to alleviate this is add more maps for all 3 servers to fight over. Which could hurt in the long term when populations start to stabilize. Don't want ghost maps...
    You have to appreciate the idea of a bunch of players all queueing, and the queue is too long, so they all move to a new server and all queue and complain that the queue is too long. Like a bunch of people trying to get through a door, getting frustrated, then all moving to the other door at once.

The only thing that will smooth it out is time, though an overflow WvWvW would work, I can't see it being "for benefit". Maybe just a fun one that assigns you (and your allies) to a random side of a battle.

This is probably a silly question.
    If you transfer servers and you still have items on sale on TP/AH do they get transferred or removed?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiSeFooL View Post
    This is probably a silly question.
    If you transfer servers and you still have items on sale on TP/AH do they get transferred or removed?
    I believe the trading post is cross server so it wouldn't matter. I could be wrong though.