AOE: Crusader > Hammer of the Righteous ?

So I was wondering during an AOE phase or in PVP when there are a bunch of people, do we switch to Hammer of the Righteous with the Seal of Command or do we stick to Crusader Strike?

What spec? Ret? HotR's damage demands at least 4 targets before it'll keep up with CS's damage. Most likely in PvP you will not be using it, minus those few rare occasions and flag cap preventions.

10+ Year Old Account
    as Mystile says it's dependent on the number of targets, which i think is 4+

for Prot Paladins you need to use Hammer at last often enough to keep weakened blows on all targets so they need HotR even in their single target rotation (unless weakened blows is coming from someone else like an enhancement shaman)

Ive read its 2+ divine storm over templars, 4+ hammer of righteous over cs, 8+ seal of righteousness over truth.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t129896-...g_all_players/

Well if I remember correctly doesn't SoJ's dmg proc off of HoR? So wouldn't SoJ+HoR beat SoR in the first place? Or is it just SoJ's slow proc?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Well if I remember correctly doesn't SoJ's dmg proc off of HoR? So wouldn't SoJ+HoR beat SoR in the first place? Or is it just SoJ's slow proc?
    Seal of Justice is still beaten out by Seal of Righteousness because HOTR is the only time it ever AOEs. Divine Storm doesn't proc Justice but it procs Righteousness, and auto attacks proc Righteousness on nearby targets but Justice only procs on the main target with auto-attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Seal of Justice is still beaten out by Seal of Righteousness because HOTR is the only time it ever AOEs. Divine Storm doesn't proc Justice but it procs Righteousness, and auto attacks proc Righteousness on nearby targets but Justice only procs on the main target with auto-attacks.
    Right I wasn't thinking clearly.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about Ret, Please check the stickied thread. This topic is covered there and further discussion and questions should be posted there instead of making new threads.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-09-05 at 11:08 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    If you're talking about Ret, Please check the stickied thread. This topic is covered there and further discussion and questions should be posted there instead of making new threads.
    Um, why? Not everyone wants to read a long and comprehensive thread on all things ret. Some of us just want to know about topics just like this. By your approach everything ret related should be in the sticky. No thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    Um, why? Not everyone wants to read a long and comprehensive thread on all things ret. Some of us just want to know about topics just like this. By your approach everything ret related should be in the sticky. No thank you
    except all the information you wanted to know was in the first post of the sticky, and instead of looking for the information yourself you made a thread waiting for someone else to post it.

it's one thing if it's something obscure that you can't use the search function for, but everything you wanted to know was in the first post of the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    except all the information you wanted to know was in the first post of the sticky, and instead of looking for the information yourself you made a thread waiting for someone else to post it.

it's one thing if it's something obscure that you can't use the search function for, but everything you wanted to know was in the first post of the sticky.
    So? It wasn't my question and I didn't start the thread. However, I'm glad this specific question was asked in its own thread so us lurkers could click on it and get a focused answer. This is a discussion forum, right? For, you know, discussion? I'm sure most answers could be found by searching past threads, but having some ask a question enables others to think about situations they may not have otherwise.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see your point Owltoid, but the reason for stickies is to help stop multiple threads of similar questions spawning. In the case they do, they are locked and re-directed. Focused questions (like the above) do appear and are harmless generally, but it can also be laziness when it's wrote in a guide and the person didn't bother looking and wants a quick "TLDR version".

OT though: "Ive read its 2+ divine storm over templars, 4+ hammer of righteous over cs, 8+ seal of righteousness over truth."

Is quite accurate as I have been doing, least in my current experience.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-06 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its 3+ targets for both Divine storm and hotr.