Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Judging by the fact that they got hacked on launch, thousands of account became compromised, horridly slow costumer support with no way to log on the forums to ask for help no way to call to ask for help just sit on your hands and wait for an email? Ya I'd say it will be a ghost town far faster than it should have been. There is nothing drastically wrong with the gameplay but the way they are treating the community with the multitude of errors on their end is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    Judging by the fact that they got hacked on launch
    So does every other major online release for like the past 5 years or so, if not longer. Look at Diablo 3, for example.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Guild Wars 1 hasn't, and it was markedly smaller in terms of the hype it generated.
    GW1 is outdated and no longer Anets concern...Look at Warhammer online and SWTOR. Warhammer isn't f2p yet but SWTOR is. EA cares about SWTOR atm and thinks the F2P will bring in more players and more money.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    GW1 is outdated and no longer Anets concern...Look at Warhammer online and SWTOR. Warhammer isn't f2p yet but SWTOR is. EA cares about SWTOR atm and thinks the F2P will bring in more players and more money.
    Irrelevant. It's still not F2P, and still online.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Irrelevant. It's still not F2P, and still online.
    not irrelevant at all lol. Anet expects this game to keep them afloat I imagine for some time. They might consider F2P if no one is buying...I can see a lot of games doing it if EA is successful with it. You can't say GW2 won't consider F2p just cause Gw1 isn't...its illogical.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

So does every other major online release for like the past 5 years or so, if not longer. Look at Diablo 3, for example.
    Exactly and Diablo 3 killed itself for a multitude of reasons. There is no problem with the game being released with flaws and glitches, but to push the issue into the hands of the costumer, taking your sweet time, and trying to brush as many problems as you can under the rug tends to not set will with a community that expected so much more than that. It's just common respect that I believe a $60+ product should deliver.

not irrelevant at all lol. Anet expects this game to keep them afloat I imagine for some time. They might consider F2P if no one is buying...I can see a lot of games doing it if EA is successful with it. You can't say GW2 won't consider F2p just cause Gw1 isn't...its illogical.
    that's just me, but i think gw2 does more than keeping Anet afloat if you ask me. and judging from how gw1 was improved over time and xpacs, i expect things will go just fine with gw2 with their current B2P model if they do at least as much as they did at that time.

but well, you can just go on and play it the sentationalist drama way.
    as for how EA dealt with SWTOR and why they're planning to go F2P or not, i won't even comment that, i don't care.

A B2P game going F2P with the loyal base of the GW franchise is highly unlikely. Also GW1 is still going and still receives updates. I logged in like 3 days ago to sell some mini pets. There were people everywhere I went.

Anet can sustain themselves quite well off their sales already. They actually said it.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    that's just me, but i think gw2 does more than keeping Anet afloat if you ask me. and judging from how gw1 was improved over time and xpacs, i expect things will go just fine with gw2 with their current B2P model if they do at least as much as they did at that time.

but well, you can just go on and play it the sentationalist drama way.
    as for how EA dealt with SWTOR and why they're planning to go F2P or not, i won't even comment that, i don't care.
    You must misunderstand me...I'm not trying dramatize something...just helping people realize that just cause one game isn't F2P doesn't mean a game by the same people won't (or will) be eventually. Like I said...EA with SWTOR... And its cool that you "don't care" but hey if EA does it right we might see a lot more F2P mmo's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A B2P game going F2P with the loyal base of the GW franchise is highly unlikely. Also GW1 is still going and still receives updates. I logged in like 3 days ago to sell some mini pets. There were people everywhere I went.

Anet can sustain themselves quite well off their sales already. They actually said it.
    blizzard said they'd never allow pve > pvp transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

In 2 years we've had 2-3 expansion and probably a stable player base of around 1 million.
    This, but I'm guessing and hoping for a bigger population. This game has SO much more to offer than other name-brand MMOs for less $. I'd be surprised if it doesn't keep growing.

Deserted. A game that has no purpose, except getting nicer armor or "having fun", will not retain a lot of people. I don't see much content coming out either, with revenues from that shop only

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Companies don't exist to sustain themselves, they exists to make a shitload of money. And whatever a company dude says is completely irrelevant. Just see how many things Bioware (a company much more esteemed than Arenanet, at least back then) said and how they were all shit in the wind, like "we need 500k subscribers to be profitable", yet they've gone F2P even though they said they have "between 500k and 1m" (which is a retarded statement on its own). Or "we will have monthly updates, great times ahead blabla", yet they had shit, "we have the best PvP developers in the industry", right, stunfest and Illum.

Companies are full of shit, you should never trust them.
    Last edited by Mosotti; 2012-09-06 at 07:29 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see them having at least one expansion, a few more smaller 5v5 (or smaller) PvP areas, dueling, and at least one of the more popular professions from GW1 that aren't already in the game (monk, dervish, paragon, etc). Probably have guild housing (or guild bases in PvP) as well.

No, it's more like saying: "Activision is going to switch Call Of Duty: MW2 to F2P", of course it's not type of game but it's the same kind of model, one off purchase and no monthly fees. And the micro transactions can be compared to all the DLCs.

And its cool that you "don't care" but hey if EA does it right we might see a lot more F2P mmo's.
    yeah, it's not like there's a whole shtload of F2P MMOs out there already right?

oh wait...

Deleted
    Well, it looks a bit slow now but hopefully they get a good deal of tournaments going on making it rewarding to be "best pvp player of the year". Hopefully more races and professions added, expansion of traits, changes to wvwvw maps and ofc trillions of sweet looking gear parts.