Deleted

[WoW 5.0.4] Strange behaviour of liquid detail and sunshafts video option

Hello,

I'm having performance issues since patch 5.0.4
    While searching for the cause of the performance drop I noticed a strange behaviour of both the liquid detail and sunshafts video settings.

If both settings are set to the lowest possible (low/deactivated), this is what I get
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/892...haftlowest.jpg

If I set liquid detail to good *or* sunshafts to low, this is what I get
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6...nshaftgood.jpg

You can see that the border of the herbs is getting dark (in the red underlined zone) as soon as I set one of the option to a higher setting.
    It seems to me that's a bug since I can't imagine how these options would normally affect herbs.

On the performance side, I go from 60fps / 68% Gpu usage to 52fps / 100% Gpu usage just by going from sunshafts:deactivated to sunshafts:low (all the while there is *NO* sunshafts displayed at all).
    I was not using any addons during the tests.
    The rest of the video options are: texture res->max, anisotrope 4x, projected texture->on, viewing distance->max, details->high (both), shadows->min, particle:high, SSAO->off

I was wondering if anybody else noticed the same thing?

Deleted
    Are you running the game in DX11 mode? Does your GPU support DX11?

Also to note, this patch is new and I believe they are still ironing out some quirks. I remember having far greater texture issues at larger patches in the past. (My guess is that it's just related to the engine-overlay that controls the sunshafts/liquid detail.)

Deleted
    Are you running the game in DX11 mode? Does your GPU support DX11?
    You can't run anything in DX11 mode if your hardware doesn't support it.

Ensure you're running the latest graphics drivers, otherwise hold on and hope a fix comes along sometime soon.. If that is indeed the root cause of the problem. I've seen many problems with graphics in this game, the biggest problems I am currently experiencing don't seem to ever get fixed. Just life with WoW imo.
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2012-09-06 at 12:30 AM.