Mage Bug with Glyph of Momentum...

I have noticed that this does not always work, I never post on here; however, this is bugging (no pun intended) the crap out of me. Is anyone else having this issue?

On another note I doubt I am posting in the right place. Thanks in advance for all the help!

I have noticed same thing. When i am running forward it sometimes makes me go backwards. It has almost killed me a few times so ive taken the glyph off for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we were just getting friendly with Blink and now here we go again...

Deleted
    The best do with bug is to report it in Game with a good explanation of what you're doing, when and where.

did you look back when you have blink ?

Deleted
    I litterally see no use in this glyph, it just overcomplicate things.
    I like how OP say he have an issue but not describe it. He than ask if we have experienced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    I litterally see no use in this glyph, it just overcomplicate things.
    Others would say it simplifies them..but that's only if it works properly

10+ Year Old Account
    The glyph is useless in PvP and PvE. If a player knocks you back off a ledge, you blink even further back instead of putting you onto the ledge again. If a boss knocks you back, you blink even further back away from combat and have more dps down time running forward again.

10+ Year Old Account
    With demon leap as a demonology warlock, iv'e experienced going backwards when wanting to go forwards as well. Kinda similar issue I would guess.
    Probably a lot of bugs around still, hopefully not to long until we get a bugfix patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If a player knocks you back off a ledge, you blink even further back instead of putting you onto the ledge again. If a boss knocks you back, you blink even further back away from combat and have more dps down time running forward again.
    Well in all fairness that's the intention...
    The glyph makes you move in the direction you're traveling rather than facing. just as it says in the tooltip. That doesn't mean you have to be traveling by your own accord.
    If a player or a boss makes you move one way, then your are still moving in that direction. And it's a glyph so you can always change it to fit your needs =)
    Might not be the best on a boss that actually does push backs but great for one with a lot of moving.
    And, in PvP it can be GREAT for getting even further away from a melee trying to pummel you. We are a range class after all. So, distance = YAY!

"hey guys instead of fixing blink which was broken only since 2004, here's a glyph to make you blink in random direction, enjoy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    Well in all fairness that's the intention...
    The glyph makes you move in the direction you're traveling rather than facing. just as it says in the tooltip. That doesn't mean you have to be traveling by your own accord.
    If a player or a boss makes you move one way, then your are still moving in that direction. And it's a glyph so you can always change it to fit your needs =)
    Might not be the best on a boss that actually does push backs but great for one with a lot of moving.
    And, in PvP it can be GREAT for getting even further away from a melee trying to pummel you. We are a range class after all. So, distance = YAY!
    For a time in beta, it functioned like a man-cannon when use over ledges. Of course when combined with slow fall, this was greatly overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    For a time in beta, it functioned like a man-cannon when use over ledges. Of course when combined with slow fall, this was greatly overpowered.
    And MAN did I abuse it! ^^
    Most fun I ever had in WoW using that pre-finnished version of the glyph!
    But sadly they fixed it to work as a teleporter as intended in stead of increasing run speed by 1000% (that's what the beta glyph did) =(

I think the glyph is wonderfull and I havent had any problems/bugs with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait till you find a boss with knockback and try to use it to get back in range

Actually, it works exactly as advertised. It teleports you in the direction you are currently moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm3 View Post
    wait till you find a boss with knockback and try to use it to get back in range
    Thats why im goblin

Deleted
    It's just a choice of gameplay:

• - glyph = blink where you look
    • + glyph = blink where your moving

With the glyph, I can blink while strafing but I can do the same without it by turning my camera.

In fact, the majority of the previous bug was corrected. I can blink upward on stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    It's just a choice of gameplay:

• - glyph = blink where you look
    • + glyph = blink where your moving

With the glyph, I can blink while strafing but I can do the same without it by turning my camera.

In fact, the majority of the previous bug was corrected. I can blink upward on stairs.
    Blinking up stairs wasn't really a problem. It was mostly crossing terrain barriers, like when one patch of dirt texture turned into another dirt texture even if it was flat ground. This shit blocked flame orb too.

Deleted
    And it still block Frozen Orb

with the glyph i killed myself right after the pull on warmaster last week while just goofing around... decided not to use it anymore.