Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This actually did happen to a real person, and the real person was me. I had gone to catch a train. This was April 1976, in Cambridge, U.K. I was a bit early for the train. I'd gotten the time of the train wrong.

I went to get myself a newspaper to do the crossword, and a cup of coffee and a packet of cookies. I went and sat at a table.

I want you to picture the scene. It's very important that you get this very clear in your mind.

Here's the table, newspaper, cup of coffee, packet of cookies. There's a guy sitting opposite me, perfectly ordinary-looking guy wearing a business suit, carrying a briefcase.

It didn't look like he was going to do anything weird. What he did was this: he suddenly leaned across, picked up the packet of cookies, tore it open, took one out, and ate it.

Now this, I have to say, is the sort of thing the British are very bad at dealing with. There's nothing in our background, upbringing, or education that teaches you how to deal with someone who in broad daylight has just stolen your cookies.

You know what would happen if this had been South Central Los Angeles. There would have very quickly been gunfire, helicopters coming in, CNN, you know. . . But in the end, I did what any red-blooded Englishman would do: I ignored it. And I stared at the newspaper, took a sip of coffee, tried to do a clue in the newspaper, couldn't do anything, and thought, what am I going to do?

In the end I thought, nothing for it, I'll just have to go for it, and I tried very hard not to notice the fact that the packet was already mysteriously opened. I took out a cookie for myself. I thought, that settled him. But it hadn't because a moment or two later he did it again. He took another cookie.

Having not mentioned it the first time, it was somehow even harder to raise the subject the second time around. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice . . ." I mean, it doesn't really work.

We went through the whole packet like this. When I say the whole packet, I mean there were only about eight cookies, but it felt like a lifetime. He took one, I took one, he took one, I took one. Finally, when we got to the end, he stood up and walked away.

Well, we exchanged meaningful looks, then he walked away, and I breathed a sigh of relief and sat back. A moment or two later the train was coming in, so I tossed back the rest of my coffee, stood up, picked up the newspaper, and underneath the newspaper were my cookies.

The thing I like particularly about this story is the sensation that somewhere in England there has been wandering around for the last quarter-century a perfectly ordinary guy who's had the same exact story, only he doesn't have the punch line.

<3 hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!

10+ Year Old Account
    This one may be slightly on the edge, but dammit, I love it:

It's the day after the Invasion of Poland, and Hitler and Goebbels were being driven through Warsaw. On the outskirts of the city, the driver accidentally hit and killed a loose pig, and the driver told this to the führer. Being in a good mood, Hitler said to Goebbels: "Go to the nearby farm, and pay genereously for the pig." "Jawohl!" said Goebbels, and wandered off. The hours passed, the sky darkened, and Hitler continued waiting, growing increasingly annoyed. In the wee hours of the morning, Goebbels came lumbering back, obviously drunk. "What kept you, man?" Hitler demanded angrily. "I vaguely recall someone opening the door, I said 'Heil Hitler, the swine is killed', then somebody opened a bottle of champagne!"

Now a safer, quicker one:

How long does it take a blonde to wash a basement window?
    Three hours and five minutes. Three hours to dig a deep enough hole for the ladder, and five minutes for the washing!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I saw this on a stand-up comedy tv show. I can't remember who the guy who said it but it was about 18 years ago. Anyways he starts talking about going to one of those coin-operated laundry mats and how you shouldn't drink while doing laundry because you shouldn't "Drink & Dry". Also, he mentioned friends don't lets friends dry drunk. I'm not sure why but I found that to be hilarious.

Also, my brother was at a McDonalds one time and he ordered a "Cheeseburger with Cheese". That also cracked me up.

Finally at my brother's wedding I had to give a speech. I decided to do a top 10 Letterman style things I learned from him. For my #10 I went with "Don't get a dog with an IQ of -1". He had a Black Lab that did really stupid things like shredded the inside of a car or he would eat a electrical cord that was plugged in. Once I said it the whole room laughed for 10 minutes because they knew how stupid the dog was. Ironically, #10 got the biggest laugh out of the other 9 things.

What does a Death Knight and your mother have in common? They're both cheap, easy, and full of disease.
    Your mother is so fat that when the rouge shadow stepped her, he had to wait through a load screen.

They're the only ones I know.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-11-29 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    I can't come up with a decent joke to save my life so I'll just copy something I heard a few months ago:

A noob walks into a bar, pulls the whole fricken building.

i really really really like ceilings. You could say I'm a ceiling fan.

What do you call a black man flying an airplane?

A pilot!
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

A guy with pickles in his ears walks across the street. Another guy looks at him confused and says: "excuse me sir, I'm not sure if you're aware of this ... but, uh, you've got pickles in your ears." He replies: "Oh, I'm sorry? You'll have to speak louder, I have these pickles in my ears."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Finally at my brother's wedding I had to give a speech. I decided to do a top 10 Letterman style things I learned from him. For my #10 I went with "Don't get a dog with an IQ of -1". He had a Black Lab that did really stupid things like shredded the inside of a car or he would eat a electrical cord that was plugged in. Once I said it the whole room laughed for 10 minutes because they knew how stupid the dog was. Ironically, #10 got the biggest laugh out of the other 9 things.
    I had to give a speech at my brother's wedding this past fall. I went up and said "I prepared a short speech for the occasion of my brother's wedding." And then pulled out about two hundred typed pages. The entire place groaned. I said something to the effect of "Hope you two have a long marriage, and I will help her hide the body if you screw up. Bye." Then folded up my novel, put it back in my pocket, and walked off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    A guy with pickles in his ears walks across the street. Another guy looks at him confused and says: "excuse me sir, I'm not sure if you're aware of this ... but, uh, you've got pickles in your ears." He replies: "Oh, I'm sorry? You'll have to speak louder, I have these pickles in my ears."
    Bloke walks into a bar with bits of jelly, blancmange and fruit sticking out of his ears. Barman says, "What you havin'"? Bloke says, "You'll have to speak louder I'm a trifle deaf".

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other, "How the hell do you drive this thing".

My wife and daughter are leaving me because of my obsession with horse racing, they're at the gate now... and they're off!

Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff... Ba dum tsshhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    two:

"Because mages need spirit!" -Drunken Locz (if anyone knows him)

"Because my glasses are famous."

A motorist is driving past a mental hospital when he gets a flat tire. He goes out to change the tire, and sees that one of the patients is watching him through the fence.

Nervous, trying to work quickly, he jacks up the car, takes off the wheel, puts the lug nuts into the hubcap and steps on the hubcap, sending the lug nuts clattering into a storm drain.

The mental patient is still watching him through the fence. The motorist desperately looks into the storm drain, but the lug nuts are gone. The patient is still watching.

The motorist paces back and forth, trying to think of what to do, and the patient says, "Take one lug nut off each of the other tires, and you'll have three lug nuts on each"

"That's brilliant!" says the motorist, "what's someone like you doing in an asylum?"

"I'm here because I'm crazy" says the patient, "not because I'm stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Grown men watching My Little Pony.
    Best so far.

Uh hm. What did the cannibal do after he dumped his girlfriend? He wiped his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethiroth View Post
    One day in the forest, 3 guys were just hiking along a trail when all of a sudden, a huge pack of indians attacked them and knocked them out.

When they woke up, they were at the leader of the tribe's throne.

The chief then said "All of your lives may be spared if you can find ten of one fruit and bring them back to me."

So all 3 left with their guards, and after a while the first man returned with 10 apples. The cheif then ordered him to stick all ten of them up his butt without making any expression at all on his face. He had a little bit of trouble with the first one and started crying while trying to put the next one in. He was soon killed.

Later, the next guy came in with 10 grapes. The cheif soon ordered him to do the same as the first guy. After the 9th grape, the man started laughing so hard for no apparent reason, and was killed.

The first two guys soon met in heaven and the first guy ask the second, "Why did you start laughing? You only needed one more grape and you'd have been let go. The second guy says i couldn't help it, i saw the third guy coming with pinapples.
    this one made me crack up

how did the blonde die at the baseball game

she s=drowned during the wave

Why captain Hook died?

He wiped his ass with wrong hand.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A farmer comes home after long day on the fields, and realized how sick he was of everything at his farmstead, crappy love-life, etc. Eventually he realized he needed to vent, and started to talk to the animals in the barn. After a few hours, and a few bottles of Soco each day, he grabs a sheep and walks into the house and confronts his wife.

Farmer says, "See, this is the pig I've been forced to f**k each night after work!"
    Wife says, "You idiot! That's not a pig that's a sheep!"
    Farmer replies, "SHUT THE F**K UP I WAS TALKING TO THE SHEEP!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boarwood View Post
    Best so far.

Uh hm. What did the cannibal do after he dumped his girlfriend? He wiped his ass.
    hahaha i love this one

1) This man was driving down the interstate speeding pretty badly when he sees a state trooper pull out behind him and turns on his lights. Thinking he might be able to out run the cop the driver floors it but soon sees there's no escaping. Finally, the man pulls over and the officer walks up to his window. The trooper looks at him and says "If you can give me one good reason you were speeding and then tried to out run me I will let you off with a warning" The man looks up at the trooper and says "Two years ago my wife ran off with a cop, I thought you were trying to give her back".

2) What's the most positive thing in Harlem? HIV.

3) A blonde was driving to the airport and saw a sign that said "Airport Left". She sighed, turned around and drove home.

4) Little Johnny was sitting in his math class as the teacher was doing word problems. The teacher asked the class "If three birds are sitting on a telephone wire and you shoot one with a BB Gun how many after left?" Many kids in the class had their hands up and the teacher called on Sussie, whom replied "Two!" The teacher responds that she is correct and is about to move on. However, in the back she sees Little Johnny waving his hand furiously. "What is it Johnny?" she asks.

"I disagree teacher, if you shoot one bird the other two will fly away. So there will be none left"

"Ah, very good, I like the way you think Johnny" The teacher replies.

"Let me ask you this teach, three women are sitting on a park bench all eating an icecream cone. One is biting the cone, one is licking the cone and one is sucking the cone. Which of the three are married?" Little Johnny asks.

The teacher turns red and stutters a little before finally answering "Uh, the one sucking the cone?"

"Well, I would have said the one wearing a wedding ring, but I like the way YOU think."
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2012-12-17 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    This actually did happen to a real person, and the real person was me. I had gone to catch a train. This was April 1976, in Cambridge, U.K. I was a bit early for the train. I'd gotten the time of the train wrong.

I went to get myself a newspaper to do the crossword, and a cup of coffee and a packet of cookies. I went and sat at a table.

I want you to picture the scene. It's very important that you get this very clear in your mind.

Here's the table, newspaper, cup of coffee, packet of cookies. There's a guy sitting opposite me, perfectly ordinary-looking guy wearing a business suit, carrying a briefcase.

It didn't look like he was going to do anything weird. What he did was this: he suddenly leaned across, picked up the packet of cookies, tore it open, took one out, and ate it.

Now this, I have to say, is the sort of thing the British are very bad at dealing with. There's nothing in our background, upbringing, or education that teaches you how to deal with someone who in broad daylight has just stolen your cookies.

You know what would happen if this had been South Central Los Angeles. There would have very quickly been gunfire, helicopters coming in, CNN, you know. . . But in the end, I did what any red-blooded Englishman would do: I ignored it. And I stared at the newspaper, took a sip of coffee, tried to do a clue in the newspaper, couldn't do anything, and thought, what am I going to do?

In the end I thought, nothing for it, I'll just have to go for it, and I tried very hard not to notice the fact that the packet was already mysteriously opened. I took out a cookie for myself. I thought, that settled him. But it hadn't because a moment or two later he did it again. He took another cookie.

Having not mentioned it the first time, it was somehow even harder to raise the subject the second time around. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice . . ." I mean, it doesn't really work.

We went through the whole packet like this. When I say the whole packet, I mean there were only about eight cookies, but it felt like a lifetime. He took one, I took one, he took one, I took one. Finally, when we got to the end, he stood up and walked away.

Well, we exchanged meaningful looks, then he walked away, and I breathed a sigh of relief and sat back. A moment or two later the train was coming in, so I tossed back the rest of my coffee, stood up, picked up the newspaper, and underneath the newspaper were my cookies.

The thing I like particularly about this story is the sensation that somewhere in England there has been wandering around for the last quarter-century a perfectly ordinary guy who's had the same exact story, only he doesn't have the punch line.

<3 hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!
    Haha that must be from an American localisation of the book because "cookies" should be "biscuits" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.