Page 1 of 27
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,728

    The most powerful fictional character?

    As the title says, who is the most powerful character to ever be created in any fictional series?

    I know people are thinking Goku (probably), but what about other characters such as the Beyonder, The One Above All? etc.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    TOAA isn't a fictional character, it's Jack Kirby, and Beyonder has been retconned into a simple cosmic cube.

    My philosophy on, "who is the most powerful character" is that the question is nearly impossible to answer in a satisfactory way, because it depends a lot on the terms that you set. Even something seemingly simple like, "who would win in an all out fight" can be incredibly difficult to answer, because some powers are almost impossible to quantify or pit against each other in a meaningful way.

    I think both Goku and Superman could fit a lot of definitions of "most powerful". Greatest power while still having limits shown, probably Goku. Highest verifiable output of kinetic energy or lifting strength by a character, (meaning shit that actually happened, not potential) probably Superman.

    If you want to talk about infinite power god beings, I could name no less than a dozen of those without much difficulty. The problem I have with god beings of infinite power though is that some fictional characters have defeated or defied beings like that, and those character could very likely be outclassed by numerous other characters concerning their shown and/or stated relevant combat attributes. Then you have the problem of trying to compare different infinite power beings to each other, who is stronger The-One-Above-All, (taking him at face value as a character for a moment) or The Being of Pure Light from D&D. Both beings of supposedly infinite power, and we have absolutely no way to determine what would happen if they were to somehow clash, and no bullshit fan explanation like, "they can't both exist at the same time in the same universe" is good enough to be anything more than a shitty cop out.

    Also, what counts as "fictional" what's to stop me from dreaming up a character that I say has the power to be more powerful than anything else that has ever, is and will ever be conceived, and can output Graham's number times more energy than Superman and Goku put together without even trying and can increase his power as much as he needs retroactively in the past? The question's fucking impossible to answer correctly.

    tl;dr There is no right answer, but Goku is probably the best answer.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2013-10-31 at 04:41 PM.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  3. #3
    I have no idea what a Goku is.

    I loved having the Blade vs Batman debates at work. I miss those days.

    Most powerful fictional character ... I vote for the character of God in the Christian fable called Holy Bible.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-01 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  4. #4
    The Insane Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    16,734
    God, created by the series Earth. Also Goku, Dr. Manhattan
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,959
    Mankriks wife.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  6. #6
    The Patient expectwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    233
    Goku, saiyans have no limit!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    God, created by the series Earth. Also Goku, Dr. Manhattan
    As far as DC characters go, Manhattan isn't that powerful. I mean, Darkseid has every power Dr. Manhattan does, just amped up on super crack, especially if we're talking about one of the really strong versions of Darkseid like COIE or SFF. As someone whose only power is crappy matter manipulation, (I say crappy because he clearly can't rewrite someone's brain or Watchmen would have been way more simple) he would die against someone that isn't entirely physical based like Darkseid, Larfleeze or Parallax, or people that are immune to his powers and would have a good way to boot stomp his ass like the Flash or Superman.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Deathpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    no alpha club
    Posts
    579
    Go'el'ku

    /ten chars

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I have no idea what a Goku is.

    I loved having the Blade vs Batman debates at work. I miss those days.

    Most powerful fictional character ... I vote for the character of God in the Christian fable called Holy Bible.
    Seriously?
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Lefeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

    Most powerful fictional character ... I vote for the character of God in the Christian fable called Holy Bible.
    I was just going to say that!

  11. #11
    God

    >.>

    <.<

    *flees*

    Infracted. Don't bring up or bash religion
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-01 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

  12. #12
    Can we stop it with the real world religion crap? It's not funny and it's just gonna get you a free 5 point infraction...

    Also, if anyone really doesn't know, Goku is the main character of Dragon Ball Z. The following video is from a mid-late point in the series and follows Goku's son. By the end, Goku is much more powerful. See my sig for a rough idea of what full power Goku is capable of.

    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  13. #13
    the chaos gods have to be somewhere here. but somehow, some way, superman will probably wind up being the strongest. so there's no point in even asking really, since superman is always the winner.

  14. #14
    Jean Grey. She can pull atoms apart.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I have no idea what a Goku is.

    I loved having the Blade vs Batman debates at work. I miss those days.

    Most powerful fictional character ... I vote for the character of God in the Christian fable called Holy Bible.
    Its over 9000!!!! doesnt ring a bell?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  18. #18
    Goku will faceroll all of them.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Fus Ro Yay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,203
    Enter, the doctor.
    Cirno is the strongest!

  20. #20
    It's either Goku or Kal-El aka Superman. If you consider their "final form" then it would be hard to argue against Goku, but Superman was born with all his powers, so if you take the sum totals of their lives, Superman would be the winner.

    Question is most powerful though, so since Goku probably does surpass Superman, you'd probably have to give it to him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •