Installing a SSD in a Sengar (Xoticpc.com) Laptop?

Curious if any of you have experience with this. I ordered my laptop yesterady, and todday I snagged a 128GB SSD off Tigerdirect for $60. I didn't plan on getting it this soon but that was a deal I couldn't pass up.

But I'm curious if anyone knows how difficult it is to install a new HD in a Sager. I've never installed a new HD/SSD in a laptop (only memory).
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2012-09-06 at 06:26 AM.

Think you mean a Sager, and it would help to know the model. That being said, it's usually really easy. Think I had to remove the DVD drive and a screw or two to access the original HDD. Then I put the SSD there and the original sata in the second hard drive area.

Yes i did mean Sager, sorry.

Sager NP9130 / Clevo P151EM1

^ Model

You might run into a problem because some SSD manufacturers make their SSD's a tiny bit thicker making them unable to fit into the space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotter11 View Post
    You might run into a problem because some SSD manufacturers make their SSD's a tiny bit thicker making them unable to fit into the space.
    No.... Just no...

Any SSD will fit into a 2,5" Drive bay, as they follow the exact same officially laid down international standards for size.
    An SSD may even be a tiny bit smaller (7mm on the Z-axis rather thern 9,5mm) to make them able to fit into Netbooks.

If you have an original drive in it, you will be able to fit the SSD, just find it and replace it. (or add if you have a 2nd drive bay)

10+ Year Old Account
    sager's are renown for being easy to service, open the bottom up, remove the drive, and put in the SSD, close it back up and run the OEM installation disc

It's a easy step process, you can find easily on Google.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    No.... Just no...

Any SSD will fit into a 2,5" Drive bay, as they follow the exact same officially laid down international standards for size.
    An SSD may even be a tiny bit smaller (7mm on the Z-axis rather thern 9,5mm) to make them able to fit into Netbooks.
    The OP is likely talking about a standard 2.5" SSD but he might have interpreted it as an M.2 format where single and double-sided can have varying impact on compatibility since it's about a millimeter of difference in thickness.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-10-19 at 01:00 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

You are both reacting to a post of 2012.
    I doubt that OP is ever gonne read this. or need this :')

ps:
    Pretty sure there was no m.2 back than.