Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    None of them include "ranged". Does that mean they can all be placed on ranged weapons?

Range weapons get their enchants from Engineers (scopes).

Quote Originally Posted by Thehalfblood View Post
    Firstly you won't be pushed to ORG as that is going to be a raid and secondly it is one of the few, still viable perks for engineering. All of the old "Tinker" stuff is basically useless now and one of the few reasons left to have an engineer atm is for the cool flying mount and making ranged weapons (up to a point). About time something was given back to them. All the stuff they were given for Cata was made obsolete very quickly by other things like rep grinding dailies etc. If you don't like it then don't have one but don't come here to complain about the proffession with the least useful perks at end game.
    Except the glove tinker that gives you an on demand dps/healing boost, which is the best profession bonus in the game ATM save JC. Plus you get toys and teleports. My alt is an engineer, I know what they have, I just think that is silly to make an AH for only one profession. Its like if the bank in pandaland was only accessible by tailors. That would just be plain silly. I really think its a mistake to alienate other people.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You clearly didnt play TBC or WoTLK. Dalaran AND Shatt were freaking packed and there was no AH when the xpacs were relevant. Everything and i mean EVERYTHING you need to do is in pandaria. Oh and if you want to use another AH you can use one that is not Org or SW. Your post just became invalid. Do research before you cry about something you have no idea about.
    First of all I've played since vanilla, and my post isn't invalid.

I game the AH a lot and yes I understand those places were packed, but as someone who uses the AH a lot I was, and will be in MoP forced to spend my time in a city from previous content, maybe not org specifically, but old content. I don't have to do research for something I know facts about, and personally its my opinion, I never once said you had to agree, thats just how I feel, and I feel strongly that it is an unnecessary, arbitrary limitation that they have put on something that is used by the general playerbase.

It isn't something like engineer teleports or tinkers, I understand that those are supposed to be perks for having the profession, but I don't think the damn AH should be one of those.

PS - Don't act like a butthurt fool and attack me without any knowledge of me or my background, I can have an opinion, and I don't have to cater it to yours.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2012-09-06 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed the Eng-only AH in Dalaran for WotLK. I look forward to getting to park my bank alt (who's eng) in Pandaria.

Also, people are really missing out on the other part of the humor for this TDB comic. Here's the alt text:
    'How do you type without arms?' 'I don't know, how you do post without a brain?'
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Enchants as always look poorly. Whole weapon shining like sword in star wars.
    Last edited by keid; 2012-09-06 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G@briél View Post
    None of them include "ranged". Does that mean they can all be placed on ranged weapons?
    Bows, guns and crossbows will have scopes made by engineers and I'd imagine that despite having a "ranged" label, enchantments that have an "on spell hit" effects will be applicable to wands.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Bows, guns and crossbows will have scopes made by engineers and I'd imagine that despite having a "ranged" label, enchantments that have an "on spell hit" effects will be applicable to wands.
    Wands are now main hands like daggers, the enchants that casters can put on daggers are also usable on wands.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    Harvey Dent..... can he be trusted
    I think there is 2 sides on that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Eng-only AH in Dalaran for WotLK. I look forward to getting to park my bank alt (who's eng) in Pandaria.

Also, people are really missing out on the other part of the humor for this TDB comic. Here's the alt text:
    Damn, can't believe I missed that alt text. Nice reference

-----------------------------

"The forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"
    “Stride”?
    "All right then, ROLL! ROLL through the Gates of Hell! ... must you take the fun out of everything?"

Damn, think I may have to dig out my Curse of Monkey Island CDs now

Hope those aren't the final graphics for the top-tier enchants (Jade Spirit, etc.). Don't look nearly as cool as Power Torrent, Landslide, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by keid View Post
    Enchants as always look poorly. Whole weapon shining like sword in star wars.
    no creativity. put a colored filigree or rune pattern on the weapons (similar to something like sulfurus's) for once. Or maybe a couple floating crystals around the weapons? or maybe a glow effect on the proc? Oh wait, "procs" are too difficult to balance. I forgot this is a RTS game now.

These obnoxious recycled "lightsaber" glows are about as overused as the "content" in the dragon soul raid. Its not difficult to come up with new enchanting effects, but when 90% of the "new content" is recycled it is...
    Last edited by painweaver; 2012-09-06 at 08:41 PM.

Hopefully this is the expansion where they add a disable enchant button so I don't have to see them. I'd rather see my weapons then some stupid glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    What exactly makes engineering not a good profession according to you?
    It has the same stat buffs any other profession has. It may not be a money maker, but it gets alot of fun items instead.
    I understand people have their fun with Eng, but I got sick of it. Goblin/Gnome makes no difference anymore, you can barely make money, you get yelled at for using the belt tinkers in raids because they're still unreliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Inb4 lawsuits from Lucas Arts at The Daily Blink.
    You do know what "parody" is right?

I remember much less complaining when there was an engineer only AH in Dalaran. Oh well, different people are playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post

Thanks.

10chars.

*horrible Christopher Nolan Batman impression*

H.A.R.V.E.Y. AND D.E.N.T. ... CAN WE TRUST THEM?

*end horrible Dark Knight impression*

But seriously now. As a long-time engineer, I can't wait to use those auctioneers come MoP! But we all know it will only be a matter of time before people complain and everyone gets to use them to death, just like their Dalaran counterparts... :C