Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

whats with the hurry to reach lvl 80?

We have all seen plenty of posts with questions about what to do at lvl 80. Many people seem to be rushing there, in game people write in chat "finally reached lvl 80!". What's with the finally?
    I know the need to rush to max level in other games because they pretty much forced you to if you wanted to be able to take part in certain stuff. But GW2 has nothing of the kind. I'm level 12 in the world of leveling and I feel it can take a year or two to reach lvl 80 if that what it takes. I play and enjoy mostly in spvp, wvwvw and sometimes in pve world. It all has it's personal charms.

So why are people in such a rush? You want to be max level just because you can and feel powerful because you are among the firsts? You dont enjoy current game and believe that's some magic to be found at lvl 80 that completely changes the game? You got preassure from guild to reach it fast because you are aiming for some world first in a dungeon or open world big boss? Or you just have lots of spare time and spend it hooked on the game?

Please tell me because I personally just relax because there's no rush. What's up with you other people?=)

mmo conditioning

I wasn't in a rush, I just played one character.

It's just, at 80 you can start getting your endgame armor set up, while it's still super cheap to do so, and it opens the ENTIRE game up to you, you can now go anywhere, do anything, heck do EVERYTHING! whenever you want, wherever you want!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    I wasn't in a rush, I just played one character.

It's just, at 80 you can start getting your endgame armor set up, while it's still super cheap to do so, and it opens the ENTIRE game up to you, you can now go anywhere, do anything, heck do EVERYTHING! whenever you want, wherever you want!
    Lots of spare time then?=)
    But wont you be able to do that in time anyway, for probably quite some time? Or wasnt the road to reach lvl 80 enjoyable so you wanted to get passed it asap? Because I feel there's plenty of options what to do in game already, even though Im not a higher level dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoW has bred an MMO population which seems to think that the game only starts at level cap.

I was more in a rush to get to level 35 to be hones. So that I could get the cultural armor I wanted [Norn dress] and have my elite skills. Level 80 just came over the course of playing normally.

Funny thing is that in GW2 there is no reason not to rush. One can "miss out" on content in linear MMOs as they level due to grey quests, stat differences and so on. Doesn't matter in GW2 though. So like nothing is lost by reaching level 80 in 3 days or in 3 years.

It works both ways.

"z0mg I Mu$t ReaCh da LvL c4p aSaP sO I CaN 5t4rt raYdInG aNd GeT all dA PHaT LeWtZ SO i C4n Sh0w 3vRywUn mY 1337 G34r$c0rzzz!!!!11111oneoneone"

Infracted
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-06 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Because WoW has bred an MMO population which seems to think that the game only starts at level cap.
    Psst, I can name a few other MMOs before/after WoW that did that as well

Deleted
    Don't assume that everyone who got to 80 quickly "rushed". I don't feel like I rushed and I've been 80 a good few days now, I levelled with a friend, I had fun, I did dynamic events, I've got quite a bit of gold and karma, 55% of the world complete. I didn't rush, I played a lot and enjoyed myself. I still have an obscene amount of hours even though I got to 80 relatively quickly compared to game release time.

I didnt really rush all that much but I did have a focus on geting my first toon to 80. If I wanted to rush I could have goten there in half the playtime it took me but I didnt see a point in geting there a few days quicker than I did. The main reason I focused on 80 instead of playing a bunch of characters at low levles was access to resources. I can take my 80 warrior out and go harvest any crafting material I want. He also makes significantly more coin in any particular stretch of time than a low level alt enabeling me to have greater buying power on the TP if I need something I can not self produce. All in all it just makes more sense to have one level 80 character than it does to have 3 level 30's.

That said it was still just focus not rushing. I spent as much time as I was planing to spend playing the heck out of this game... well more than I planed but I can catch up on that sleep when I'm dead I guess. I just kept all that time focused on a single character and let the levels come naturaly from there. There wasnt any need to do anything I didnt want to do as nearly every activity adds to leveling at some rate.

Who is John Galt?

Your asking this question because GW2 has no end game ...so once you hit 80 there is nothing to do other then level another character .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Psst, I can name a few other MMOs before/after WoW that did that as well
    Like which MMO pray tell is/was so blindly focused on nothing but content at max level? Don't think you find many bar WoW which really has nothing going for it from level 1 to X.

This is literally the only MMO that does not have an standard wowesque style end game other then maybe EVE online .

im going to hit level 80 pretty fast, just because I do things efficiently, not due to rushing. I 100% every area im in, craft when I need to, buy very little, and still so far going up in levels pretty quick. I play 1 character and dont re-roll often.

Even still, I plan on 100% EVERY area, I must have all my skill points else I feel empty :P But from what I am seeing, even "casual" leveling will be pretty fast. You could drop what your doing and run to an event and still level fast.

After im done with one character ill make another, its just how ill do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am trying to rush one toon to 80 so then I can supply gear to other toons and make it a little easier. Ill level in style:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    No it's because common sense would make you think that a game entitled as an MMO ought to have at least some viable game play after reaching the level cap, which obviously is not gw2's case. ( and please, don't start telling me pvp is fun for so much more then a couple of weeks )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    This is literally the only MMO that does not have an standard wowesque style end game other then maybe EVE online .
    I'd love to see people trying to rush to max level in EVE Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    No it's because common sense would make you think that a game entitled as an MMO ought to have at least some viable game play after reaching the level cap, which obviously is not gw2's case. ( and please, don't start telling me pvp is fun for so much more then a couple of weeks )
    Im serious, did you play guild wars 1 at all?

15+ Year Old Account
    There was no rush or hurry for me. Hit 80 5 days after it came out, leveling was just too easy. What's with people always questioning how one plays a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in no hurry per-say, but I really do want to get some of that cool 80-only cultural armor....before they raise the prices any further.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.